1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Smoking - Is it possible to smoke kratom in a vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by snapper, Dec 18, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wondering if anyone has tried to vaporize leaf? Most curious about temp of optimal vaporization and effects. SWIM has found that smoking resin does have some mild effect, but not enough to use alone, though it is a good booster after oral dosing. I was hoping that vaporization might make smoking alone adequate. If no one has tried it, I will attempt this sometime soon and post results.

SNAPPER

2. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: kratom Vaporization

How did this experiment turn out? SWIM just came into possession of a Vapir digital vaporizer and is interested in trying various blends.

3. Hyperspaceblastoff

Hyperspaceblastoff Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from Canada

I have a valcano and they blast it at the same temp as weed
    and gives them similar effects

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
  4. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well - right, I suppose my point was - does vaporizing provide a more efficient delivery than smoking? I am pretty happy with just toss-n-wash - but the effects can take quite a while to hit (up to an hour) because it has to go through the digestive tract.

Smoking, in general, is wasteful - vaporizing is new to SWIM, but it would appear that it's more efficient, not taxing on the lungs, and might be a good way of "priming" - toss-n-wash as normal and then vape a bit of powder to get the ball rolling.

Ah well, it would appear that more research is in order...

5. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

well to be more specific about strictly vaporization instead of burn/vaporization, than it should be obviouss that strictly vaporizing will be better, it will save WAY more, instead of burning some to useless things, this case is true for many substances. burning is not good. and in some cases bad.

...but swim also wonders if smoking pure K VIA Vap is sufficent enough or worth it.

You could perhaps use a generic home-made light-bulb vap.

OR...! Maybee a combination of a vaporizer and a gravity bong to stuff it down ones lungs in small hitts.

I am highly intrigued, and is a crafty person, he would definately do it if he had K right now.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  6. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

As luck would have it - SWIM just came across a Vapir unit.

So - it would appear that tomorrow will be a day of discovery.

7. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

cool, report when possible.

Goodluck

8. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM read somewhere that 7ho vaporizes but not mitragynine, so vaporizing may ultimately decrease potency.

9. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well, I tried a little experiment this morning.

On a fresh head - empty stomach, plenty of sleep, I took out his new VAPIR vaporizer. If you aren't familiar with this kind of machine, it has little metal baskets that are filled with herb and then popped into the machine - they only hold about a half-teaspoon of material, and you're supposed to not pack the basket full to allow for greater aeration.

I took the end of a bag of finely ground Bali leaf and filled the little basket up about 2/3rds of the way.

He pre-heated the VAPIR to 400, popped the disc into the machine and brought the temp down to 350. The aroma came through the hose - not strong, not bitter, very earthy. SWIM breathed in all of the vapors for a good 10 minutes with the fan on medium.

The initial effects came on slower than a bong hit, but faster than oral kratom ingestion. Interestingly the effects were all very much located in the head. Normally, SWIM finds that the experience is a "body" experience - but this was very head-centric.

The effect was more "stoning" than what SWIM normally thinks of as a "Kratom" experience. That said - it was NOT at all like being "Stoned" - not an MJ high, but just more of a clouded denseheaded sensation.

Normally, Kratom provides SWIM with a clear, energetic boost that can transition into a more relaxed state. This was not similar to that, and was not particularly conducive to anything productive.

As this is a single experiment - I am cautious that there is possibly a placebo effect, though the effect was marked enough to notice.

I will repeat the experiment again for confirmation - the experience was not unpleasant - but not "Kratom-like".

10. MzEnthusiastic

MzEnthusiastic Newbie

Reputation Points:

Plz do keep us posted on future experiments... very intriguing - Thanks for sharing.

11. lonlystonr

lonlystonr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

In my experiences, vaporizing some things is WAY more effective than smoking. In other instances, like with Salvia (or as stated here, Kratom), the effects are nil.

Really, there should be good rigorous experimenting to determine the truest outcomes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
  12. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    This is a very interesting topic.

More experience reports are wanted!

13. AUblake85

AUblake85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    I has vaped maeng day extract using a small hand held e cig type of vape . the effects were more of a head high than the usual body high but still quite enjoyable. effects last aprox. 45min. definatly a nice companion to normal oral kratom use.

14. ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There is a company that sells a "vaporizable" extract...felt different, but in no way close to normal use of kratom. Search for "kratom extract wax" and do your own research. I, in particular, don't like these guys, but I will provide this information for the good of the community. Happy Kratomdays!

15. OveLovin

OveLovin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    18 y/o from Oregon
    Just tried it with my good ol Vapor Genie
    Seemed to worked but gotta agree with others that it's defiantly more of a head high than the classic eased body high, unless you got a good electric vape wouldn't recommend wasting Kratom on vaping seems like more of waste than anything.