1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Is it safe to take Tramadol and Klonopin together?

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by bigloader, Mar 1, 2008.

1. bigloader

bigloader Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I want to know if it's safe to take tramadol and klonopin at the same time and what sort of interaction they will have.....

2. blackdb1

blackdb1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Missouri, U.S.A.
    Swiyou should not take "cocktails" without having tolerance to both opiates and benzodiazepines or whatever You wants to mix. Even then it is still dangerous because of the central nervous system depression.

3. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Taking drugs is never completely safe. Mixing together drugs is even more unpredictable. That being said....look into SSRI and SNRI drug interactions. If there is any indication that benzo's should not be taking with these, my advice is stay away, but my pure intuition says there may be no problem.

4. static_vodka_420

static_vodka_420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I say has as long as swiys body can deal with the doses being taken then yes its fine in other words dont mix downers without a tolerance .. in fact the klonopin will help with the siezure threshold reduction by the tramadol to a small extent or so I believe

I say its rather a waste of the buzz though as he is apt to just fall a sleep and miss the subtle energetic euphoria of the tramadol so the clonazepam should be kept to a minimum in swims opinion

5. crawfish79

crawfish79 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    I find the mix of a fairly large dose of tramadol (350mg) and 1-2mg of klonopin a great mood brightener and anxiety reducer. As an added bonus the klonopin does help keep seizures from high doses of tramadol at bay.

6. fatkidzonmopedz

fatkidzonmopedz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    You should just stick with klonopins. tramadol is like baby baby lortabs and takes so much to feel any good effect, and tolerance builds up like after the first time. my friends had to take like 12 at a time to barely feel anything. they make swim just feel sick and bothered. whatever works i guess

7. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWiM sees no problem combining the two (but this is only based on personal experience). He used too and things were fine, no problems. Now he combines it with diazepam and on occassion alprazolam, no problems so far.

8. riaahacker

riaahacker Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    This combination should be fairly safe, benzodiazepines might reduce the serotonin and norepinphrine effects of tramadol

9. Maekong Mike

Maekong Mike Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from thailand
    My advice would be to go easy on the tramadol. There is something unusual about this particular compound. Using it as a stopgap measure until you can restock your hydrocodone is probably okay for the short term, but there is too much conflicting information about tolerance levels and intensity of withdrawal symptoms after cessation of tramadol even in the short-term according to my guruand goto guy in such matters, Elijah. For the life of me I can't see why the risk of seizure would be any more pronounced than with any other opioid, but risks associated with this particular medication are posted everywhere. I think it is mainly from kids doing a handful of these things and then pounding alcohol but who knows for sure... As for the purported reduction in seizure risk from the use of clonazepam, it is an anticonvulsant, however Elijah states that the effects would seem to conflict with the desired effects of the tramadol. I have found in my own research that clonazepam tends to cancel out many of the beneficial effects of opioids, so my thought is, why are we having this conversation?

10. TheTwighlight

TheTwighlight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    Personally, tramadol + klonopin was one of my favorite drug combos for years (which is saying alot, believe me).

I only quite because of my horrible benzo/tram addiction. I am still of benzos, but back on the trams real bad again (which I promised myself I would never do, being that tramadol was the 2nd worst w/d I ever went through, next to a simultaneous high-dose, cold-turkey alprazolam,clonazepam w/d).

Have fun, but...good luck. Be VERY careful when getting off of them. Be sure you really want to, and then taper off slowly, or else you will lose your job and actually be in alot of danger. Godspeed.

11. WeAre138

WeAre138 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ask a doctor or pharmacist. There are interactions between these 2. I have been taking them together with no problems but have been monitored closely by a health professional.

12. mkultra5979

mkultra5979 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Greece
    This is exactly like @crawfish79 wrote.: a great mood brightener and anxiety reducer.
    Today is my favorite combination - having high tolerance with benzos and trams. I also add gabapentin 1200 mg (for seizures and potentiation).
    But please be carefull. Low doses and not every day. Addiction is hell.

13. Expri

Expri Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.K.
    I have about 450mg tramadol and 120mg codeine and 60mg diazepam in me plus hydroxydine not sure how many but more thanks 5 and I feel relaxed just be very careful mixing with cns depressants