1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Question - Is it true that undried p. cubensis mushrooms are mildly poisonous?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by SillycybinTrip, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SillycybinTrip

SillycybinTrip Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Georgia, United States
    While talking to a friend about my experience with some p. cubensis mushrooms (undried) I found shroom-hunting at a local farm, said friend told me that undried magic mushrooms were unhealthy to consume, because they contained toxins. I was and still am pretty skeptical of this as the only thing I though was being removed in the drying process was water, and if toxic substances could be removed in the drying process, why wouldn't the psychoactive ones be removed as well?

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
  3. SillycybinTrip

SillycybinTrip Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Georgia, United States
    @Alfa that was what I thought, I have no idea where he got the idea from. Thanks for the help!

4. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from Slovakia
    He probably got that idea from Amanita muscaria. This contains the toxin Ibotenic acid, which detoxifies by drying. Amanita, however, has NOTHING to do with Psilocybin mushrooms.

Don't worry, people eat fresh P. cubensis all the time!