Other - Is Kratom really about to be made illegal?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Kratom23, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Kratom23

Kratom23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Have heard alot of talk and I stress its just talk between me and friends that Kratom is indeed about to go the same way as other plants we love, :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  2. sturdychinfilms

sturdychinfilms Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Is Kratom really about to made illegal?

Are there any articles on this? I sure hope this is not the case but I don't doubt it if it is. I mean shit, if they can put a federal ban on flavored tobacco im sure they can outlaw Kratom. Really pisses me off. Kratom is one of my favorite drugs. And its all natural!!!!

3. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

^^ Cyanide is also all natural.

Just sayin'...

I don't agree with banning Kratom, in the slightest, but it's important to understand that using false logic to defend an anti-prohibition standpoint will only undermine your efforts to change people's minds.

Kratom is a very special and unique plant - it's also proving to be addictive on a level similar to prescription opiates. Anything with addiction potential is going to come under scrutiny.

Emphasizing responsible use and providing harm-reduction driven information is the best way keep Kratom and other ethnobotanicals safe from regulation.

Also - Kratom trees aren't that hard to grow and they don't smell or look funny. If Kratom is an important part of you's life...then cultivation for personal use might be a rewarding endeavor that hedges against what the future may bring.

4. sturdychinfilms

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

who's using falso logic here?

5. caltrain208

caltrain208 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.

The false logic is that Kratom is all natural (implying that it is safer than synthetic substances) but nEone pointed out that even all natural substances can be deadly (such as Cyanide).

6. Kratom23

Kratom23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

I have heard these rumours word of mouth and on some other sites but swim dont think its true. Seen a site using "Kratom Doors Slamming Shut" as way to sell product. Think this has sparked rumors. I have found dozen different Kratom sites all with sales. :thumbsup:

7. sturdychinfilms

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

oh sorry It came across as me trying to say it is safer because it was natural. I was trying to say that it was spectacular that something in nature works this good especially with so many bunk herbal highs out there. I wasn't trying to justify it being kept legal because it was natural. Just simply saying what I stated above.

8. thepeng

thepeng Newbie

Reputation Points:

It is absolutely not. There is a reason why this rumour started but it is not a legal one, it has been addressed, we know it isn't any closer to being illegal than it was three years ago. I just can't post why cause of forum rules.

9. Frond

Frond Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

It's on the DEA list of drugs and chemicals of concern, but it has been there for years and so far no steps to criminalize it have been taken. But with extracts using God knows what as reagents and sometimes other synthetic opiates being passed off as Kratom, who knows what will happen in the future. The plant itself is certainly shaping up to be very benign with very few - if any - negative effects on health with long-term use, but then again so was 2C-B (which passed FDA testing) and look where that got it.

10. Kada

Kada Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

kratom has been known for decades, but only recently it has been pimped out so hard, like salvia, which is more likely to get fed's attention than before. i am unaware of any US laws, but seems some asian countires are busting out their controlling stcks. i would not be at all surprised if they were controlled in some way in the US within the next 5 years....too many "legal high" campaigns out to get us.

11. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.

Kratom has been on the DEA watch list since before I started trying it over 3 years ago, so that may be where the rumors came from. I've seen the site a few times, but right now I can't seem to find it. However, the increase of kratom being featured at "legal high" websites cannot help the cause.

Oops I guess I should have read every post, didn't see this posted already. This list really has nothing to do with legal status of substances though it seems since most on there are commonly prescribed drugs.

Tags: