Is kratom really worth the money?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Orchid_Suspiria, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    SWIM wonders if ordering kratom would be worth it and just how kratom would be for methadone withdrawals.Anyone who has had experience with using kratom for this specific purpose would be of great help.

2. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I have never used it for help with any kind of withdrawls so i cant help you there,but i have read a few articals about its usefulness with other opiate withdrawls so it should help a little.
    As for if its worth it (cash wise) ild say to try find a good vendor that sells decently good quality so you get your monies worth at least once to see how\if it helps you.Im not sure if its still legal in your country (usa,i presume-virginia) but if you could find a store that sells kratom trees then you could grow afew yourself for free,if You ever needs\wants it in the future.

3. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    Thank you!I am a complete newbie to kratom and it's use,infact SWIM only heard of it earlier this year.It's a very confusing subject.What kratom is best is another thing I am very confused on.I've seen extracts,whole leaves,teas,crushed leaves.Which is the best and most economic option?

4. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Some people say that the ordinary leaf, ground up (with a coffee grinder or similar) to fine powder and swallowed in some way (in a drink, gel caps, thin paper, etc) is as good as more expensive extracts, acetates and so-called '15x' powders. The pre-ground powder form is also said to be effective. Tea is said by many people as being a wasteful way of taking kratom (and foul tasting).

5. Orchid_Suspiria

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I saw some pies made from the extract,he guesses you would swallow these like pills.These seem like they could be a good way to go.

6. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    ^But not good value! for money, I think.

7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The pies do not work unless dissolved first and are expensive.
    Kratom is worth the money for some, not for others. To see if it works for you, You should try it. Purchase affordable Bali leaf, grind to a fine powder by pulsing in a coffee grinder, gelcap or swallow whole to effect.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    ISO it's worth every cent, but only commercial crushed leaf (self-ground via blender or coffee grinder). Everything else is basically an expensive ripoff.

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM disagrees - expensive maybe, but not a ripoff in all cases. I have found that some extracts change the nature of the effect and sometimes enhance / prolong it or quite a while. The problem is coming up with enough money to try them and find the good ones. I have been doing this slowly over time. Some are very similar to plain leaf, some are different/stronger/last longer. For a first try, however, I agree with SWINicaine.
    As an example, the cakes refered to previously are about twice as strong as plain leaf when fully dissolved, way more speedy and last about 2-3 hours, which is less than leaf. Still expensive, but added to a good dose of leaf, the two can create a more intense experience.

10. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Certainly!

I am not 100% sure, but has heard this repeated by several kratom enthusiasts. He has tried acetates and even 'crystal', which were not cost-effective.

11. BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    If You wishes to use it for the methadone withdrawls, ild suggest You to go the natural way and dont bother with the extracts for now till the methadone thing is cleared up, that said, if You tries it an gets little help then ild say to try an extract.