is marijuana hallucinogenic??

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by dr ACE, Feb 13, 2005.

1. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i cannot say i have had and stand out visions when smoking hash or weed somekinds do increase colours slighty,has anyone hadanyvisions whilst smoking Edited by: dr ACE

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I used to get it when I started smoking and I can still get it if I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks. Whenever I close my eyes I'm travelling through some kind of tunnel, it can be anything from candle lit oldcorridors tomore futuristic ones, and I really feel like I'm travelling at great speed. Other than thatthe effects are mostly cognitive, thehashstimulates my thinking in a psychedelic direction.

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The same happens with me. I think that's the greatest part of the high. I close my eyes and lean back, and it feels like i'm travelling on a rollercoaster or through space at the speed of light. My body even feels like i'm flying really fast. It's not hallucinations though.

4. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I've been reading a lot about shamanism, and these tunnels are what the shaman uses to travel into the underworld,read Michael Harner, "The Way Of The Shaman". I agree that it is not hallucination, technically I guess it's called Closed Eye Visuals.

5. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know plenty of people who have hallucinated on weed, but they all smoked quite a bit of high grade.</font>

6. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    my first time that I smoked out of a bong, which was like my fourth
    time smoking (and I had yet to feel the effects) I had intense OEV's,
    trails on everything, major spinning, walls glowing, people shrinking,
    etc...it lasted a few hours and few times after that I had the same
    effects...the best trip I have ever taken was that first time.

7. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    never hallucinated but i have flown like you all say when i close my eyes i think its fun as shit

8. Darthcarlos

Darthcarlos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    it definaltey is when you first start smoking its actually made me trip.

I lost that feeling so im taking a break for a year to try get that magic back.

Although if you eat a good amount of it im sure youll get a good trip going.

when smoking youy body can only absorb so much thc but when eating it absorbs alot more so you can get way higher.

9. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes i hallucinated once when i had only been smoking about a year. it was the strain though cause i have never tripped just smokin before of since.

10. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you eat an ungodly amount of ganja food you can trip billies though.

11. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do you guys think it's possible to trip off of KB?

& what about smoking a lot of chronic? or would that just kill you?

</font>

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

When hash/ weed is eaten people often get 'hallucinations'-- visual
    phenomomena, including the peculiar one of writing being reversed.
    Don't think you'll get that from a spliff though...

13. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    "Do you guys think it's possible to trip off of KB?
    & what about smoking a lot of chronic? or would that just kill you?"

KB gives a nice high but it will not make you trip. Smoking alot of chronic is not going to kill you, no matter how much you smoke. SWIM can smoke as much chronic as they want it will not cause a "trip". The FDA does classify marijuana as a mild hallucinogen but then again they call just about everything a hallucinogen including an FDA article calling Kava a hallucinogen. Although with marijuana visual activity is "possible" it still should not be classified as a hallucinogen. Dissociatives, delerients, cannabinoids, can all cause "hallucinations" however this does not make them hallucinogens. If you are just asking if marijuana can cause slight visuals I would have to say yes, it is possible with different people. Anyone disagree with anything said here? Correct me if im incorrect.

14. BEEKSc1

BEEKSc1 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    with that, the government wants to call the pyschoactive the "hardest" sounding word, their for defining them as hallucinogens not pyschedelics. they use the word interchangably, the wordcannot alwaysbe usedinterchangably because the words mean two different things. some pschedelics have more or more potent hallucinogenic porterties in the drug (lsd to thc to dmt) all beinghallucinogenic drugs, but just a matter of degree (strong, mild, intense; respectively), but the government doesn't make that distincion, therefore leading to... nevermind i won't go a a rampage how amerika's drug policy is messed.

15. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I get nice effects since he doesn't smoke to much anymore, and sometimes if SWIM closes his eye's he can feel that tunnel traveling feeling. No visuals were ever noticed, but once at taco bell he forgot where he was and yelled out to his friend, "dude whats going on" and the lady at the register looked freaked out lol. Man, 3.5 grams of KILLER BUD in 30 minutes for a once a month smoker... WOA!!!

16. William_Again

William_Again Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    LOL, I am a very infrequent pot smoker also, and me and a friend once
    inhaled a 4th of and ounce of KB through a hookah (there were friends
    around us chanting so we had to) it took like 10 minutes and when were
    were down, we could barely stand and everything looked like a painting,
    the walls, the sky, etc... everything looked like it had brush strokes
    and was hazy. I am sure that lack of oxygen played a part of this, but
    it was cool.

17. Patrick131

Patrick131 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    when i first began smoking my friends and i would look up at the clouds and claim to see shapes forming in the clouds at night. as the clouds moved, it was as if they would move out of one shape and into another.

ok i'm weird. [​IMG]

18. albydamned

albydamned Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I smoked a blunt with about 2 grams in it once to the head and i
    was sitting down looking at this vaccume and it turned into a duck then
    i looked at the celling fan and it just didnt look quite right so i
    went to sleep. so yes it is possible to halucinate off pot

19. Apradavra

Apradavra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had blurry vision and almost mushroom like mind sets when i first began smoking erb. Granted this was before i actually used mushrooms, and lsd, along with most other common psychadelics. After i began smoking daily the pronounced effectssuch asvision distortions and spacial disturbancesbecame minimul to nothing at all. I have not smoked anything but high grade nuggets daily for the last several years, and even though the effects from daily high grade smoking are not what they were when i began smoking almost 7 years ago.....i still love my erb more than anything, and thats pretty difficult for me to say substance wise....but yea, i think one can have what they define as "a trip" especially from good high quality nuggets and if they havent had prior experience with stronger hallucinagon's...

20. megassj

megassj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think weed/hash is a hallucinogen. But Im not to sure. I hallucinated once when I was high and I saw like a million cats and they were gone in a sec but I wasnt sure what really happend. I do no someone who I smoked some hash wiv and he turned all white and he started seein elephants and he was trippin real bad. I think there is such a thing is the hash trip I've read about it but never done it. There is also somethin called shiva bang I think it was like a ball of hash or something Im not sure and it spose to make u trip to.