Social - Is my friend doing crack cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by smct, Feb 18, 2005.

1. smct

smct Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've seen a friend doing what i assume is coke. it was small, white, in
    rock form and crushed into a powder. i'm wondering if this was crack or
    if it was uncut coke. i sneeked a taste while they were out of the
    room. it tasted very bitter and made my mouth numb. also, i keep
    reading that crack cant be crushed down and snorted, but i've read on
    other websites that it can. i'd like to know if anyone does this. i
    know crack is cheaper than coke, so i thought this would be common.
    also, how many lines would a small rock make. any information you can
    give me on coke would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  2. biga

biga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Crack isn't cheaper than coke. Dealers make their own crack out of cocaine HCl (normal coke). Why would they bother if what they were making was less valuable than what they were starting with?

It sounds like he's doing normal coke. Crack tends to be off white, but can be more brown coloured if it hasn't been prepared as well. Google image search for 'crack cocaine' will provide you with lots of images of crack.Coke HCl is white.Just because it's in rocks doesnt mean it's uncut gear. It's easy for dealers to cut and re rock coke. Don't get confused between 'on the rock' cocaine HCl and crack rocks. It's all just slangand can be confusing for someone who doesnt know much about drugs.You don't sniff crack, because the whole point of crack is the immediate and intense high produced when you smoke it. The smoke is easy to take in but makes you cough when you exhale. Crack is the freebase form of cocaine, while 'normal' coke is the hydrochloride salt. Crack vapourises at a much lower temperature than coke HCl which makes smoking possible.

Crack and coke HCl are the same basicdrug, only one is the freebase and the other is a salt. It is the way the drugs are taken, not the drug itself that is responsible for the different experiences from crack and coke HCl. Coke HCl is absorbed through the tissues up your nose. This way, the coke gets into your body much more slowly than if it is smoked, and the speed at which the drug gets into your system is directly proportional to the intensity of the high. A more intense high can be got from coke HCl by making a solution up and injecting it. Again, its the same drug, just taken differently.

There is no specific definition of the size of a 'line'. You can sniff a whole gram in a line if you want, or you could divide it up into smaller portions.By the sound of it though 'a small rock' wont dovery much if served in a line.

3. smct

smct Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for that. as you can tell, i know nothing about this. so, would
    i be right in thinking you can buy coke which is already in powdered
    form or by it as a 'rock' and crush it yourself. how much would a gram
    of coke cost on average in london?

1. 3/5,
      You're not allowed to talk about prices here, read the rules
      Nov 16, 2009
  4. biga

biga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It will vary as to whether you get 'on the rock' gear or powdered coke, even if you use the same dealer. Your average street leveldealer in the UK will probably buy his gear by the ounce, which is 28 grams. He will probably get closer to 40 'grams' out of this by selling underweight deals, but either way this means thatthe dealer has to re-supply often. Although dealers often use the same people to get their gear off, they may frequently shop around and as a result the coke they get fromtime to time will vary. Further up the chain the same applies.

So, to answer your question, you can buy coke HCl as rocks and crush them yourself or in powdred form, but you may not always be able to get the one of the two you are after, depending on what's kicking about, unless you have a lot of contacts.

I don't come from London so I can't comment on the prices down there. It's very regional. I live in the North East of England and here one would expect to pay between 35 and 40 pounds per gram. It would not surprise me though if coke is more expensive in London though.

5. dc2c0pg

dc2c0pg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Non-user needs answers: Friend using Crack

I do not use drugs but a friend of mine does. Why would a person, who is doing coke 2-4 nights a week hiding in a small bathroom for 4-6 hours each time, use the following items: pieces of tin foil, two hand-held magnifying glasses, a small tensor lamp, and a tripod rigged at the top to hold something. What are these things use for? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  6. Toria

Toria Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    he's cookin it up!

7. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have no idea.

Hes cockin it allright. But what 4? To smoke? To inject?

Can u tell us anymore?

8. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    <LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="1763216770">Chances are he´s cooking it to inject it . He needs the tripod to hold the container where he melts the stuff. I can´t see what else it can be for. Does he also have a surce of fire (lighter, candle) or strong heat?</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1763216770">Are you sure he´s just doing coke and not speedballs ? A coke user locked 4/6 hours in a small room? No way. If he´s injecting speedballs then suddenly all makes sense. All small pieces fall into place. The hours in the loo. The tripod , the foil, the 2 glasses, and the lamp too can have more than one use. To be sure look for the filters, for signs of burning or intense heat around the tripod or the container ( a spoon is a container too) and specially look for tell tales markings on his veins. (not only arms: hands, neck, and other parts are used by users who don´t wanna be spotted).</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1763216770">IF, if he is, then, no need to be assholes. He can , and I hope he will be helped out of that misery.</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1763216770">Best of luck.</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1763216770">VV</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="1763216770"></LABEL>

9. dolphinsnow18

dolphinsnow18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    WOW! Cookin it? Is that the same as Free base? Excuse my ignorance

10. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So what ended up happening the kid came once and just left?? that's how i was gonna start and well i've been checking the boards at least once a day every day sense [​IMG]i think i'm addicted

Muirner

11. lamborghini1107

lamborghini1107 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    freebase maybe? i know that i use foil to freebase

12. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Here would be the perfect place for you to use SWIM remember the government watches everything including forums and you dont want to draw attention. to yourself

Muirner

13. dc2c0pg

dc2c0pg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've read all your replies for which I thank you. I guess I just have a need to understand what's going on. Just a couple of more questions, please.

1. Explain how a person "cooks it". Is this called freebasing? Are you saying that this person could either inject it or sniff fumes?

2. What is a "speedball" and what would I look for?

3. Explain how you use tin foil to "cook it". Would this person put the coke on a piece of foil and then put it on the hand-held magnifying glass and then put heat under the magnifying glass to "cook it"?

4. Would a tensor light have enough heat to "cook it"? What else would a tensor light be used for?

5. Is there an odor when a person "cooks it"?

This persondefinately snorts coke because I've seen it on the mirror with the razor blade. There is a long thin straw and also a thick, short, fat straw. There is a "sifter".

14. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

1. If he is smoking Cocaine, then he most likely converting it into
    freeb ase cocaine (crack) first. Smoking Cocaine HCL (white powder) is
    very innefective and wasteful. Because of the Hydrogen and Chlorine in
    the powder, it makes it more difficult to turn into a vapor and it will
    tend to melt before you can inhale it. Freebase cocaine, or crack,
    removes the Hydrogen and Chlorine, which makes it vapourize much
    easier. You can find many places online that tell you how to prepare
    Cocaine HCL into it's freebase form and you will see the other
    materials required, if you haven't seen any of this stuff in the
    bathroom, then I doubt he is inhaling cocaine vapours. If he is just
    burning the cocaine HCL on it's own then he is wasting a huge amount of
    coke. Cocaine can be prepared for injection with tin foil, water, and a
    heat source. Once again, you can find out the proper method for doing
    it online. So to answer your question, yes, cocaine can be injected as
    well as inhaled.

2. Speedballs refer to injecting cocaine and heroin either simultaneously in 1 solution, or one right after another.

3. I've never heard of using a magnifying glass to cook it, but I guess
    it makes sense. Kinda like how you used a magnifying glass as a kid to
    burn ants, it just intesifies the heat source.

4. A tensor light would not be able to melt cocaine on it's own. Maybe
    that's what the magnifying glass if for though, it may magnify the
    light source so much that it actually can heat it enough. Once again
    though, I've never seen the magnifying glass used before so I'm not
    sure.

5. Can't say from experience as I have never tried to inhale vapors from cocaine, sorry. Maybe someone else will know this.

Hope some of this helped a little bit..

15. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    <DIV id=0></DIV>

<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="2089816988"></LABEL>

16. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    <LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="188028240">What the heck has happened here?</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="188028240">I just wrote a long and detailed answer todc2c0...to all the questions she made ,and</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="188028240">the reasons why he MUST be injecting speedballs (Mixed cocaine and heroin), but instead I ended up reposting the preceding message. I don´t know how I could have done that.</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="188028240">Anyway now I´m too tired to start again from the beginning. I´ll do itr tomorrow.</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="188028240">So long</LABEL>

<LABEL SessionId="188028240">VV</LABEL>

17. city

city Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM my ass. Pussy. I am a cokehead. I am proud of it. I am successful and
    make a decent amount of cash. I know when to turn it on and when to turn it
    off. So chop up a lineand grow some balls. Less than a gram you're looking a
    community service anyway, and no one's going to find my stash.

18. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Alright dude, go about it that way, if it was refering to my post i know i wasnt trying to be anything but helpful because lambo posted in another forum about swim. and just a note about swim he's used allover the boards to not incriminate ourselves. it's just a good idea in general because u knever know who's watching a forum

To stay ontopic so if he is making it into crack how would he go about doing that? 2 parts baking soda 1 part coke? heat and bang? i'm just wondering because a kid locally i know but dont personally hang out with got busted by the cops for that a while ago and i never knew how it happened. just looking toexpand my knowledge.

MuirnerEdited by: Muirner

19. Daniv84

Daniv84 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    does my boyfriend smoke crack

I think my boyfriend is doing drugs I am not to sure exactly which one but here is what I have found...pieces of tin foil, a medicine bottle with holes pokes in both side the one side had a pen tube (that was cute in half) poked through, it has ashes that smell horrible inside the bottle. I think I even found pieces of chore boy....I guess all signs point to crack? BUT I am confused about the medicine bottle wouldn't it melt??
    I found brown reside all on the counter...Not like ashes something else.... I know he does coke I find the white powder....Can someone give me their opinion please? I am so confused and upset.

Thanks for any help!

20. Josh88

Josh88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: Cocaine

If you know he does coke then it is possible that he may be switching to crack. I dont have any experince with crack but it sounds like it could be crack. Try confronting him about it or talking with his family members about it. Drug addiction can be very damaging and dangerous and is best dealt with early on.

Some signs of drug abuse include but are not limited to: Mood swings, depression, sleep problems, retention loss, communal withdrawl, loss of intrest in school work family friends, sudden weight loss, irritableness, agitation, anger, parinoia, finacial problems.

Whether it is crack, meth, cocaine, ecstasy or any drug for that matter if he is addicted problems will arise and you should try to help him out asap. Try to be supportive, let him know that you and others care for him and want to help him through it. Try not to be too aggresive or talk down to him as that can make problems worse. Maybe some sort of intervention is needed. It is hard when a loved one is diseased with addiction, he may seem not like himself or a completly different person but he needs people to be there for him to help him through it.
    You can also talk to a drug counseller to see what they have to suggest. They are professinals and will probaly be able to give you the best advice. Hope that he can get through this tough time in his life.
    Keep us updated on how thing are going.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017