Purity - Is Pure heroin lethal?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by billyg67, Apr 12, 2006.

1. billyg67

billyg67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that if you stick your finger in pure heroin and simply put your finger to your tongue it will kill you, is this true? I find it hard to believe.

2. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is not true at all, unless its cut with fentanyl in which three grains may be enough to overdose. Remember to start small, You can always do more, but you can't suck it back out of your arm.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  3. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Pure heroin is fairly safe. Overdoses are almost always due to combinations with other drugs or overdosing on the adulterant used to cut the heroin. However, I wouldn't recomend doing over 25mg if the person has no tolerance.

4. no0b

no0b Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
  5. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    mmmm... pure dia-morphine... :p wheres those syringes and scales lol

On a reflection I do not condone usage and may of hyped certain things the ugly truth of it thou can be addiction. and death threw accidents

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  6. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Pure heroin is actually the safest form the drug comes in. Firstly you know that it is not cut with any dangerous adulterants and secondly if you start small and don't take an idiotically large dose you will find your tolerance for the drug and will be able to consistently take the same dose of the same strength thus eliminating any danger of overdose. Remember, the only real danger of heroin is its legality, if you are careful sterile and not highly abusive with this substance it is relatively safe and the only harm you may come to is some liver damage (hardly comparable to the devastating effects of alcohol) and minimal kidney damage, if any. Enjoy, responsibly.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    billy, as I said when you posted this question before under a differant screen, you need to do a lot of research before you mess around with even somewhat pure heroin. look up dosage range, etc.

8. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I agree with lukey on his statement the only real danger comes from its legality and the accidental mixes of other substances. and as pinkavvy said research is what keeps you safe.

9. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't at all say the ONLY real danger is mixing with other substances. Overdoses can and do happen, my over dosed multiple times, and you can call SWIM stupid if you want but when you get deep into an addiction "This is gonna kill me or take me on a the ride of my life" becomes a reality. And believe me, sometimes it kills you, so think about that the next time you think, hmmm maybe I'll do a full cc, etc. Heroin is not something to be taken lightly. All I'm saying is that you need to respect it. Have fun and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2006
  10. billyg67

billyg67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks

thanks guys that helped a lot

11. quickiB

quickiB Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Like the others have said, heroin (and ALL opiates/oids with the exception of Demerol, which is neurotoxic) is one of the safest and non-destructive substances on earth. The only negative effects of long-term opiate use are mild immuno-suppression, reduced production of testosterone, and that's about it. Besides any side effects like respiratory depresion, pupil miosis, sedation, etc, that's really about it. The problems arise when a) the substances are illegal and sold on the street (where the motive is money, not a desire to make you happy), b) political/medical forces make the substance more dangerous on purpose by lacing it with acetaminophen and other nasty substances like doxylamine, caffeine, etc. You have to realize, that with pure pharmaceutical grade opiate, you know exactly how much to take and can titrate your doses accordingly. You also know its not cut with other lethal shit so you don't exactly have to feel like you're playing russian roulette every time. A big problem with society's attitude towards drugs is that it creates a fearful and mistrustful mindset that affects the collective unconscious and make drug use significantly more risky and hyped then it needs to be. I am not naive and believe that there are no dangers to opiate use at all, but I trust them more than all the other drugs combined. Ever notice how the only drugs available to the masses and the public are the most dangerous and unsatisfying one? Take non-narcotic pain killers for example. Nothing compelling about them, can have much worse side-effects than the painkillers that are restricted (frequent liver damage, damage to the stomach lining, ulcers, the list goes on. Not only that, but they are available to the public in mass quantities. It is easier to kill yourself with tylenol and NSAIDs because everyone thinks they're safe, and every substance from C-V to C-II contains them. Then, when people inevitably overdose from the tylenol or whatever it is cut with, suddenly its an "OPIATE/OID OVERDOSE!!!!!!!!! But to answer your question, pure heroin would be extremely safe provided you have educated yourself somewhat about the dosages and what to expect. Over the long term, alcohol and tabacco are infinitely more dangerous than the opiates, so let's be realistic here. I know which I would choose.

12. tdv123

tdv123 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    What? Pure Heroin although it has it dangers is much safer than impure heroin. Who ever told you that is just lying to you.

13. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Someone is on a rep rampage :p

The purity moot, the dose is everything.

Currently around 450 people in the UK get prescribed heroin on the NHS and that is 100% pure diacetylmorphine that can come in 100mg vials and when it says it's 100mg then it's 100mg pure heroin (see I got my heroin on the NHS).

In fact all the pharmaceuticals we get are 100% pure, so in that sense the purity counts for nothing and the dose counts for everything. In fact I for one think that if 100% pure heroin was the norm and wasn't adulterated with fuck knows what then it would make it much safer and cleaner. As I said it's all about the dose so if it was always completely pure we would know exactly what we were taking. As it stands now we don't know if it's 10%, 25% or even 70% pure so it's a complete lottery right now.

The people who get their heroin on the NHS know exactly what they are getting, they have clean pure pharmaceutically prepared sterile heroin and it eliminates so many problems associated with illicit heroin use.

14. jimmypins

jimmypins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i remember seeing a news clip on t.v. about this yrs ago and wondered in awe what it would be like if our supposed "free" states implemented such a program instead of doling out buckets of methadone every morning where you stand on line for an hour,late for work,have cops harrass you as soon as you leave the clinic wanting to search your persons...it's so crazy over here.at least the UK is doing something positive,albeit only a small number of people but something none the less,than our states.if i had the finacial security i'd move out of this country tomorrow and go somewhere else to get help.our doctors over here are 10x-20x worse than the street level dealer.squeezing every penny from you knowing you go to them or suffer in pain or the very least risk your freedom by getting things off the street.seems backwards to me,no?people trying to better themselves only to have the helpers keep their feet on your necks.