1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Cultivation - Is san pedro desinctive looking? Or are their look-alikes?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Swimster, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I see round san-pedro looking cacti all over my town. some yards have like 50 round cacti in one spot. My question is if the round looking cacti is distinctive to san-pedro or a mescaline containing cactis? Or are ther san pedro look-alikes?

2. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    There are lots of trichocereus/echinopsis cacti that look very similar to one another, and that is why there is a lot of confusion in the taxonomy of trichocereus cacti. The number of ribs, spines, the spines color and length, and more, are ways to classify the cacti, but SWIM isn't an expert. Perhaps providing photos of the cacti in question will allow some of the more experienced members to identify the species/strains. Also, what do you mean by round? San Pedro and other trichocereus tend to be columnar cacti, while the shorter round cacti, can be lophophora (peyote) or another number of species.

3. Swimster

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Myabe ill post pics later. thanks. by round i meant non-flat blade type ones or whatever you want to call them.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
  5. Swimster

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Thanks man^ i appreciate it...