1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Addiction - Is there a natural drug to replace "Tramadol"?

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by Spacefish, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Spacefish

Spacefish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I can’t begin to tell how annoying it is for my gold fish to be going through withdrawals. He had a prescription but kept it in his tank too long and it became illegible. He managed to piece it back together and was left with a mess of mashed paper. Then wrote “tramadol” and bam, he’s thinking he can take that to the pharmacy. He can march his little butt up to the pharmacy counter and I can rest assure you he isn’t going to be handed any pills.
    The real problem here isn’t the fact that my fish is taking pills, but my fish’s doctor. He had prescribed him the medicine shortly before going “human only”. I seriously doubt I can go with him to another doctor and have them give me a prescription for a gold fish.
    He’s staring at me right now (he’s very manipulative), wanting me to come up with some sort of solution to this mess so he can attend his yoga class without doubling over in pain (he was wounded in a crab fight when he was 3 months old).
    Is there any sort of natural, plant based medicine that does not get him high (he has to work too, he owns his own consulting firm in Maryland) and can take away his aching pain (without killing him)?
    From, Concerned Fish Owner.

2. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Maybe your goldfish should take a look at kratom. Many people have used it to help them stop taking opiates, including myself and it is legal in the U.S..
    There is tons of information on it in this forum, but be careful. It is somewhat addicting as well. Less so than opiates, but still.... addicting none the less. Research it with your fish-eyes open.

3. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    The most obvious answer would be poppy pods. The natural plant source in which all opiates and opioids are derived. They are a scheduled (2) drug, but can be found dried and for use in ornamental pieces.

A much easier to find, far less legal ramifications and vastly cheaper source for plant based medicine would be kratom.

However both of these products still carry an addiction risk. Pain management and tapering advice can be found by using the search engine.

This post has also always seemed promising and been waiting for others to add to it..

4. Spacefish

Spacefish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    My gold fish has a lot of pain, will Kratom help to relieve some of it?

5. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Very likely, yes. For opiate-like effects, take a look at the Bali kratom.
    Please take a little time to read in the kratom forums before making any decisions.
    Is your fish dope-sick now and in a hurry, or does it have a couple days to research it properly?

6. Spacefish

Spacefish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    He has a couple of days, unless the cat gets him. He'll be poking around for the forums for any useful info.
    Thanks dude, :)

Spacefish added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

What kind of ornamental pieces? Like fake flower arrangements?
    Google isn't to kind to my fish's wordings, i suppose :p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  7. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Yup, except not fake. Plastics no good. :laugh:

Most refer to them as dried poppy pods.

8. Spacefish

Spacefish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Lol, gold fish will try and keep that on his mind, though his short term memory is terrible.

9. daudi81

daudi81 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    If you have strong willpower - I suggest trying Kratom. It fits your criteria...

My friend had a bad tramadol habit, and Kratom made him feel much better when going through W/D's - took away all the pain and made him feel really good. It's a good painkiller too. It does not make you "high" if you don't take more than your threshold. But it definitely CAN make you high if you take enough - it feels just like you took a bunch of lortabs or similar opiate. Just make sure you find a good source - it makes a big difference. Some people say it doesn't do anything for them, but I tend to think it's more because of a low quality source or batch they took.

However, this stuff can be very addicting as well - so that's why I say "if you're strong." Don't start it if you can't control yourself.

In fact, forget I even mentioned it - if you got addicted to tramadol like my friend did - chances are you'll get addicted to Kratom and be in the same predicament - just with a different "substance" =)