Effects - Is there a second "first time"?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by nikTS, Nov 4, 2012.

1. nikTS

nikTS Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    Do you believe you could achieve an identical experience as the first you have experienced on MDMA?
    The exact same feelings, the exact same " this is heaven"?

2. swimover9000

swimover9000 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine has a brother that was into MDMA during a stage in his life. He said that he felt very similar "magic" for the first few times of rolling on MDMA. After a while it becomes repetitive and not fun in his opinion. To answer your question, the only way to duplicate the exact same feeling would be to have the exact same experience. I believe you can have a similar feeling to one the first time you roll, as long as you don't over-use it.

3. Iv00w

Iv00w Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I recently had my 10th experience with Ecstasy. As most people say, after a couple of times it will start to feel repetitive. At some point during a roll I started thinking about my first time, and how insanely large the difference was between that moment and my first time. I've had fantastic rolls, but nothing that came even close to my first time. I must add that my first time was also my first time doing any drug, and the setting was at home with 4 of my best friends (we are now insanely close), so it was extra special for me.

Anyway, my 10th roll last week came very, very close to my first time. We had a new pill that contained 240mg of MDMA, and I did Amphetamines for the first time. It was at a party with the same friends I did my first time with. We started with a little speed to get going, then I ate one whole pill. It started building up very slowly (as opposed to the normal instant kick it gives) and before I realized that the pill was working I was in a fantastic, euphoric, dream state. After it was working for about 3 hours I did some more speed and it really gave the pill a kickstart.

I don't know if it was the amphetamines, the pill, the party, but whatever it was that made the night the way it was, this was almost exactly like my first time. Just the right amount of music, dancing and love. Everything basically went exactly as I wanted it to go, maybe that made the night so special.

4. swimover9000

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How far apart were your rolls? Because the trick is to not overdo it. Dose small and infrequently, and everything will be all set. Also, not to put a damper on your day, but I don't think the pill you had was 240mg mdma, that is extremely high for a pressed pill.

5. Infinit3

Infinit3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've done it like 20 times now and its felt just as amazing every single time...But this is spread over like a 2 - 3 years period.

6. Mar2-D2

Mar2-D2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    In the Netherlands it is not uncommon at all to come across pressed pills containing 210 to 240 mg MDMA. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything below 150, really.

7. swimover9000

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    While I don't want to deny you're personal experience, I just found an article doing some googling that states otherwise:

Unless somewhere in the last year the mdma content has spiked considerably, I think you might have been mis-led. Do you have any evidence to back your claim?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  8. quixoteQ

quixoteQ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    I think not. Before it kicks in, many people feel a sense of anxiety, wondering whether or not the dose was clean, large enough, potent enough, to break through the barrier, that threshold between baseline and Ecstatic. Once the roll begins and begins truly, a sense of relief independent of the actual drug-induced experience is felt. This helps to connect the present experience with the first experience.

However, to my way of thinking, there is no way to rediscover what has already been discovered. Finding what was lost is one thing; redefining what you "know" to be possible is quite another.

People like to say "set and setting" are the context for shaping one's experience on a drug. If the drug is powerful enough, and tolerance is low enough, then there will be an experience whether "set and setting" are prepared. But there is no "set" like the one that comes with someone who has never experienced something before.

Potency of the drug combined with low tolerance is enough to produce a strong effect, but not the wonder of the first time.

9. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Quickly off topic but needs to be said as my friend keeps seeing this more and more and its completely false info.

Sorry to all you in the netherlands that think your getting above 200mg pills, and hard-pressed to find anything below 150? You need to learn more about your pills, my friend doesn't even live there and he knows more.

So the average content seems to be between 125-175mg for high dose MDMA pills in that region, the highest being the defqons with a few mg over 200. Look at any info like posted above, or better yet check EcstasyData or any other Ecstasy testing site. The highest reported pills have been defqons which contain 200mg and are considered to be almost too high of a dose. You guys get good pills but above 200 is just stupid and doesn't really get one feeling any better. Your most likely taking pills around 125-175 at most.

There has been rumor lately of a tablet containing 300mg but this has not been confirmed and its only one press that seems to be more of a novelty item then that for consumption. It also seems that the mdma producers there are starting to dick-size with these pills. But even the 200mg ones need to be cut in half. My friend has been taking MDMA for years and will usually only take 120mg as a dose of pure, 150 or more and the high doesn't seem as good even though its stronger.

Sorry guys you get the best shit there is, but its not as much as you think. Dealers are going to claim their pills to be as high of MDxx content as possible, this is just how it goes.

-GC

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  10. opiatesluff

opiatesluff Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yes, if you only do it once a year or every two year and you use good quality MDMA chances are, it's going to be as good as your first time, everytime.

The main mistake people make is, tryin to chase the ''first-time feeling'' by taking more and too often.

If you still remember how MDMA or Ecstasy tablets feels, you obviously have not spaced your use enough.

Ecstasy is not a drug you should take everytime you go out, simply because tolerance builds too quickly.

11. Happy234

Happy234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No, google Dr. Julie Holland q and a, on you tube ,one of the best i have seen on mdma use,talks about pre and post synapses , like when a person uses it the first experience is always best, she describes it chemically and says 70 year old veterns that use it get a much better response than a person who has used it before in therapy

~wont let me post the link, I tried to post it in the videos and post it here, maybe I can edit it in, if someone lets me~

There will never be like it the very first time. Usually after ten times the magic goes away. That said, if you take a long break, I personally have not done mdma in well over ten years, almost twelve actually.

I asked Rick Dobbins about it, and it reasons if someone goes on a very long break, when they do do mdma theyll get a nice response again.

Happy234 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

hopefully you are right

Happy234 added 15 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

and from being a previous user from late 1999- early 2001 I totally agree two times a year max! and I mean max, the less the better in my opinion

I burnt myself out big time sometimes doing 10 pills within a month (and I always used to only take one pill at a time, expect once when i took 1.5) I did ecstacy (and around this time I beleive they werent as many fakes as now a days, that said I did my share of fakes I think) east coast midddleFlorida had the best stuff I could find and always seemed to be pure every time (could be mistaken). got some stuff from other states, and some of it seemed to be fake, esp tennessee(nash) and colleges in missouri or mississippi. Houstin texas was good as well

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  12. opiatesluff

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Ecstasy tablet are in my opinion dead, back in the 90's I believe you could get the real stuff. Nowaday everything seems to be fake or cut with amphetamines, because the precursors are difficult to find and the fake are still selling.

MDMA is wonderful drug that can really be enjoyable. Only, it's seem to get tougher and tougher to get true MDMA, so my suggestion would be to wait for that rare pure MDMA to come by and not settle for shitty ''ecstasy''.

13. westie420uk

westie420uk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I never came close to feeling how i felt the 1st time i was E'd up. I was 17 & it was 1995. Every year our local council put on a 2 night music festival at a local park that was (& still might be) the biggest urban park in Europe).
    They had loads of bands playing & i will never, ever forget the music & light show when Pulp played their set. For you that have never heard of them, Pulp are a British band that became big at the hight of Brit Pop. The lead singer of the band, Jarvis Cocker, once rushed the stage when Micheal Jackson was singing the Earth Song when he was performing on stage at the MTV video music awards (i think) & he ran up to one of the children on stage & started to hug them in protest as it was when the child sex abuse stories came out about MJ.
    I had only taken half a pill. It was a White Dove, though the Dude i got it off called it a Rocky Robin, & i will never forget the tingling i got running up & down my spine & the pure joy i felt & i just loved everything & everybody! My girlfriend at the time was the polar opposite to me. I used to drink as much as i could when i could back then, she only drank very small amounts of alcohol & only on occasions such as this. I was a cig smoker, she hated smokers. I was a massive pot head, she had never smoked it before. I was from a Council Estate, her fam came from a posh estate.
    At that age, and on occasions like this, i normally would have wanted us both to get tipsy whilst trying to get passed 2nd base, but not that night! It also seemed that my GF had that idea in her head too, but i just wanted to hug.......... EVERYBODY! There was far more interesting & exciting things to do than making out with my GF!
    She was very put out by this & could not understand why i didnt want spend some quality time with her, especially as she was in the mood for luuuuv! She then started to get upset U the tears soon followed, the booze obviously made her cry 10 times more than it should of, but what did i care? Puld were on stage singing Common People & the light show was epic!
    After the music finnished i went back to stay over at my frineds house. We had some fine ganja to smoke, as back then "skunk" was stll quite rare & the only canna that was about was mainly Red Seal & Gold Seal black hash, golden Morrocan Zero Zero or hand pressed Nepalese Temple Balls, if you knew the right people or nasty Soap Bar if you didnt, & the hebal canna was Thai weed that came tied in various color string depending on the farmer or which crop (1st, 2nd or 3rd) of that season, brown colored African Red Beard that had you tripping balls! a pungent, sweet smelling, dark green compressed, imported herb caled Passion Flower or some really potent Jamaican sensi ganja, again depending on your contacts, if not it was crappy dark colored compressed African "commercial" weed that was full of sticks & stones (seeds).
    It was just my friend & I that went back to his flat & we just smoked out for the rest of the night. I dont think that the wed touched the sides really as the E was potent stuff, but it was really enjoyable to roll spliffs & drink cups of sugary tea whilst smoking.
    I thought weed put you in a deep, introspective place in your mind, but this was something else! We talked about every subject under the sun & i became very intersted in my friends uni course. He was doing a bio-technics course & the thought of people having Terminator stle replacement limbs in the future amazed me.
    Ah, i'm typing with a huge grin on my face remembering that night! Sadly i never felt like this again on E's U Dog knows i tried & tried over the next 6-7 years to get that feeling again. with the exception of Mitsubishi E's that came along about 4 years later the quality, just like with most drugs, started to go down year on year as people wanted to make a profit from selling drugs rather than selling you an experience that you would forever remember.
    Peace & Light.
    westie

14. opiatesluff

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I think this is true for heavy drugs like Heroine, Crack and Methamphetamine. But sometimes people are addicted to drugs because they have underlying problems and they don't really care about that first time, All they want is to escape reality for a couple hours.

I've seen alot of people rail Ecstasy pills just because they wanted to feel good and confident for the evening, they couldn't care less about their first time.

15. AnnaMarie

AnnaMarie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend has done MDMA 4 times, the first three times were spaced 6 months apart each dose; the 4th time was a year from the 3rd time. This was not done for a rave or a party, it was done for relationship/personal issues and each time was actually better than the previous one once she knew what to expect and when it would usually hit. There was music involved and she did do a post/pre-load regimen and the dose was about 125mg (weighed) molly. It seems to last about the same amount of time (5 hours) and she didn't boost the dose.

After reading a lot about MDMA, she believes that it truly has to do with the time between doses. While the day or two after she "wants" to do another dose, she would rather not lose the magic of MDMA.

16. typical kid

typical kid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from U.S.A.
    I think that it is very big misconception that your first time is going to be the greatest. The experience is what make of it not the drugs. Everybody's neurochemistry within their body is different, therefor I think that people react differently to the substance. Most of friends all agree that rolling has only gotten better from their first time. Sure ill have to admit that there is something unique to the first time you roll. However, rolling is more of what you make of it not the intensity of the high.

17. Seeks

Seeks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Honestly, the first time wasn't that great. I wanted to take it to see what it was like before I traveled out into the lovely world of raving. The first time, it felt great and it was something that I knew that I would enjoy. It definitely has a lot to do with the setting as well, and what you want to experience. I've taken it at home twice and at the raving scene about five times. The at home roll is calm and feel good, while when taken at the rave, it seems to me to be five times stronger. The situation you are in, the stimulation you are receiving in my opinion changes the roll and how strong it is for you. I'd have to say my fourth time was my best, strongest, and funnest time. Honestly, just don't think about it and you'll have a magical time if you treat it respectively.

18. Scramin

Scramin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from earth
    I don't think you can accurately replicate your first time but if you leave enough time between your rolls you can definitely get close to the same level.