1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Is there a visual difference between METH and BATH SALTS?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by CoolCat25, Oct 9, 2012.

1. CoolCat25

CoolCat25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Haven't ever seen in real the drug called "bath salt" but browsing web images about this stuff it pretty reminds crystals of meth, so the question is: is there a visual or any other difference between these two drugs and can some street dealers trick you selling you the drug "bath salt" when you ask them for meth?

2. GUCH

GUCH Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    bath salt powders all look differnt and there is no one drug in all of them. they are filled with differnt research chemicals and could be powder or crystals theres no way to know whats in them without a testing kit. as for meth being cut with it its always possible they could cut it with anything although bathsalts probly wouldint last as long and would taste and look differnt if smokeing

3. Grimace

Grimace

Reputation Points:
    Who knows? Dealers can trick you selling the non-drug "table salt" when you ask them for meth. But it would be pretty obvious. As far as various "bath salts" go, all the pictures of them I've seen online have never looked liked anything that would be passable as "ice"-style methamphetamine. Once you get into powders and dirty-looking crank, god only knows what it really is.

4. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    As said, only a testing kit can tell anyone anything for sure. While methamphetamine does have a unique taste, some nasty-kill ya research chemical can taste similar. It's best that when in doubt to throw it out and you should not buy from anyone if you don't trust them (and even then you should have a kit now a days), of course I don't condone buying in the first place right.

5. spoiled101

spoiled101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard that drug dealers use household items to "cut" the bath salts with to give them more product to sell. I'm wondering if anyone knows what they use to do the "cut"? I want to be prepared. thank you

6. Saccharine

Saccharine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The bath salts I did were very powder rather than crystallized. They might have passed as cocaine.

7. Cybercake

Cybercake Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Bubba says that all the bath salts she has ever tried have been powder, as well. We heard that the Chinese are putting powdered and dried sick human beings in bath salts. Seriously. Two of our friends became very ill with skin parasites after having partaken of a particular batch of bath salts. Gross, I know.
    BTW, are bath salts REALLY made in China?

8. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Let me get this straight, you heard that People working in Labs in China, producing these chemicals, are adding dried and powdered people (who were sick, presumably had died from being sick?) into the mix?

Where does someone hear this sort of thing?
    Do you have links to a story, or is this just some sort of myth that is being spread around the street?

IM not sure whats worse, making up such a crazy story or believing it ;)

9. spunatthespeedofsound

spunatthespeedofsound

Reputation Points:
    True, it will look different and tast way different.