1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - is there any way to inject concerta

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Mrs_jackson, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Mrs_jackson

Mrs_jackson Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hi my friend is addicted to the needle, he was wondering if you can inject concerta before he buys it....... thanks

2. Reuq

Reuq

Reputation Points:
    My immediate thought is that you could do it (as in, you would feel effects) but you probably don't want to do it. I would imagine that the concerta is in pill format, and shooting pills causes all kids of problems.

3. Azmirth

Azmirth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, from My Dearest White Miniature American Eskimo's (MDWMAE) experience with the intranasal route of administration, he finds that even after performing the painfully annoying process of getting to the actual methylphenidate and upon snorting, it forms a very uncomfortable glue-like substance in his nasal cavities. He suspects the reason for the formation of this glue-like substance is due to the moisture present in the nasal cavities. If, infact, it is due to the moisture, then injecting may be a very bad idea. (As blood is a large part water) As Reuq noted, Intravenous administering of pills in general is not too wise. (The pill binders and other chemicals present were most defiantly not meant to enter the bloodstream) But regardless, that glue-like substance would be of significant concern to him. Does anyone know the mechanism on which it forms that glue-like substance?

4. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There's a tek for getting to the guts of a concerta, but after spending an absurd amount of time trying this I simply gave up. Swim shot the 20 mg pills back in the day, but they've made the concertas relatively tamper proof unless you're REALLY determined.

cheers

5. c0ncerta

c0ncerta Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I really think you should NOT inject Concerta.
    I am percribed Concerta, anyway I opened it with a knife and there was water on one side and the methylphenidate on the other side... Anyway, after getting all the methylphenidate out it looks like cocaine (white powder) but more sticky and more heavy.

Anyway, I snorted a small bit and it was like glew in my nose.

So if you inject this it would be like injecting Glew into your bloodstream which is NOT what you want....

6. swim_instructor

swim_instructor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Concerta is unshootable.

7. I_MISS_160s

I_MISS_160s Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    IM going to bump this thread as I now have some Generic Concertas that are much easier to get into jus a power form. Only problem is that tht powerd when I add water, tend to turn a little gell oigk making it almsot impossible to shoot...

Ay ides with the new ones, do you thin maybe some vinegar to help me along with that journey...

Any and all help would be so graciously appreciated.

8. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
  9. JollyRoger420

JollyRoger420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Concerta's a pain in the ass the abuse in any other way other than chewing up the pill. Trying to snort/bang it is just a waste of time in my opinion.

10. I_MISS_160s

I_MISS_160s Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    JUST AN UPDATE!! I have decided after all of your suggestions to NOT IV any type of Methyphenidte.

Thaks guys

After all this time me being a member and I am still getting life saving advise.. Kudos

11. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    alcohol extraction is all I can suggest.

But boys, IV methylphenidate is a monster. It's like all the negatives of cocaine when none of the positives (amazing high and rush). You jsut feind like a motherfucker, and use your body as a pin cushin. It's bad news, yall. Take it from someone who has been there, done that, owns the goddamn t-shirt.

Oral, plugged, even nasal methlyphenidate ain't to rough but if you start running it, fuck man. Bad news. 400 mg in less than 8 hours. Would have been quicker if you could run more than 3 goddamn pills at a time.

Shit's horrible. Don't start on it.

12. polydoc

polydoc Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Agreed, i had a very similar sized habit and it led me to forging rx's for almost a year and filling a new script almost every other day fo rme and a friend. It can be pleasant when done just perfect but it is very addicting and easy to OD on, and ODing really really sucks.

13. SwampFox56

SwampFox56

Reputation Points:
    Pills should never be IV'd, Period.

The glucose, starch and other materials they put into pills can be deadly if put into a syringe and shot. There have been cases of people becoming diabetic due to pill injection. This would be due to the fact that the added glucose and starch in your blood will eventually cause insulin resistance - thus resulting in the development of type 2 diabetes.

If you really have to ask whether or not you can inject concerta, you need to take a step back and look at yourself in the mirror. Is this who you really want to become?