is there help for me?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by woogie, Sep 16, 2004.

1. woogie

woogie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive been clean for three years i was addicted to oxy,h,then methadone...altogether over 4yrs... everyday for 1 yr..I also was doing a heafty amount of crank during this period of my life..I found a way out of this by moving to a town where i knew nobodybut me and my girl...and started over.. I still to the day have like an anxiety or oven like the geeked out feeling you get when you do meth the first day ...ive been patient but i still cannot function correctly and I dont work well w/ others if you know what i mean.......enough about me what i am trying to get at is this some thing that could be counteracted w/ zoloft or an deprission and or anxiety pills or am i stuck like this please help.....

2. dayslug24

dayslug24 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    you need to find an NA or CA meeting and go to it.

it helps when you meet others (in person) who have gone through what you are now experiencing and hearing what they have to say. it really will help you get on with your life.

3. pissdrunkparker

pissdrunkparker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It sounds like you are going through post accute withdrawl. This is serious shit. You most likely will feel better after some professional help. Chances are you have changed your brain chemistry. Medication may help, if it does I don't think you should take it for the rest of your life (opinion). From what I understand medication can help fix your chemical inbalances. That is if you are able to get the right medications. It may take a couple years to figure out what the problem is and find a solution. Or medication may not be the answer. Your chemical inbalance could be permanent, but for some reason I don't believe this is always true, and most likely not. The body is very resilient and heals itself quite well. It just takes time.

I believe you will find a good exercise and diet program will help dramatically. There is plenty of medical studies that show that lack of exercise and a poorly balanced diet causes many ailments, including mental health problems. They have linked a high intake of sugar to schizophrenia for example. I personally know someone who suffers from drug induced schizophrenia. The doctors said he was one of the worst cases they have seen. They did not give much hope for a good recovery. Despite this he is getting better! His hallucinations are less frequent and he was able to geta job at a Subway. To go from being hospitalized with one of the worst cases of schizophrenia to having a job is huge.

Another factor is stress. Stress also has been proven through many medical studies to inflict terrible damage. Diet and exercise also vastly help in this area. If stress turns out to be the problem, it may have something to do with your percieved expectations not being fulfilled. I have learned being realalistic about life is key to mental health. Remember we are only human and can't expect perfection. Being able to accept this, that is truly accepting our limitaions I find gives oneself freedom. Society and media tend to project this image that success and happiness is measured by ones ability to make money or aquire posessions. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Money and posessions will not bring you happiness. Enjoying the simple things in life will. Enjoying the moment and the comany of the loved ones around you brings great satisfaction.

Another thing is learning to appreciate what we have. More often than not we as human being take things for granted and don't know what we have until we have lost it. A great idea that is brought up in "The Secret", if you have seen it, is to carry a small rock around in your pocket. They called it a gratitude rock, and every time you put it in your pocket or take it out, remind yourself of the things that you do have and be grateful for them.

These are just some thoughts that could be considered. I am not a doctor, psychologist or any other sort of professional. I have the same problems in life as anyone else. These are some of the things I personally implement in my life. They help me and I thought they might help you.

I hope you are able to feel better in the future. - PDP:)

4. pissdrunkparker

pissdrunkparker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    One last thing: Not to say that you haven't thought of these ideas. I can say with humility that simple as they seem it took me YEARS to realize these things! I truly hope that what I said can be of some use and helps out!
    - PDP:)

5. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from tajikistan
    AW: is there help for me?

hmm im in the same situation.. i just dont know what to do, dont want to live like this forever, before all "that" i was .. ok.. egoistical, mainstream, john doe.. more stupid, but in a way happier, more outgoing, i dont get along with "normal" people that well.. it just feels like i was living on another planet. i dont enjoy "their" parties, their hanging out etc etc. but i also gotta say i just moved to a different city and dont/didnt know anybody which makes it a lot more extreme and difficult, so the way out seems unreachable.

6. dogzz

dogzz R.I.P. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Pissdrunkparker said it very well. Controlling stress, exercise, are very helpfull,...diet even more so. Those will work over the long run. If You has been clean for 3 years, then I would say You should seek the help of a physician, better yet a psychiatrist who deals with addictions. That should deal with swiy's issues in the quickest way to help restore normal brain chemistry.

7. sweetsugar

sweetsugar Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    was You suffering from depression and anxiety before the addict6ion to all those drugs?