1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Is there such thing as an OTC high?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Swobo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Swobo

Swobo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Is there such thing as an over the counter drug that offers any good recreational use?

I'm new to all of this and I am just curious.

2. bonghed

bonghed Banned

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male
    DXM, and more. look on www.erowid.org or do searches, there's a few.also depends on where you live, but just type into google otc drugs and include your country. Obviously research about the drugs b4 taking

3. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male
    ive heard of many getting high on motion sickness pills. the high is delirous and very dangerous from what i read on erowid and other such expereinces.

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Tussin DM ... DXM 300mg. (make sure that DXM is the onloy active ingredient.)

5. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male
    i ahev always taken 1 of those and mixed it with the dxm only pills, which i took ahlf od that bottle. i always tripped hard. one bottle does the trick though? are low doses fufilleing. high doses are very robo to me r low doses this way?

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM thinks the most popular OTC high is DXM (dextromethorphan). It is found in many cough remedies, just make sure it is the only active ingredient. Coricidin CCC is also popular, but its on example of a medicine which contains DXM and many other actives which can cause complications. Robitussin Max streghth syrup and cough gels are two examples of OTC medications with DXM only. Just check the box to make sure. Codiene is also found otc in some places. It just depends where you live. Unfortunately DXM is one of the only otc highs in the USA.

7. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim has found OTC highs to be inferior, but they are better than nothing. As mentioned, DXM is available, but you should make sure the product contains DXM only. Serious health risks can result if other active ingredients are taken in large quantities.

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    DXM is the only one SWIM finds worthwhile (exept for codeine, but since most of you are in the states , he wont brag:) ) Anyway he has found dxm quite enjoyable and puts it ahead of some illegal drugs, but only if he was in that kind of mood. So ya, go with what everyone else said and try some dxm, but make sure dxm is the only active ingredient, blah blah blah im sure youve heard it by now.

9. carousel

carousel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    it will fuck you up. hallucinate more than a motherfucker.

10. basehead801

basehead801 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

11. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    also take care to check the NON-active ingredients in various OTC DXM-containing cough preparations. I know there are several out there that contain NON-active ingredients that, when taken in sufficient quantities will either make you vomit yer brains out or diarrhea your ass off...

if these are things you would enjoy during your dissociative experience, then by all mean, drink up the sucralose-heavy syrups.

12. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    What non active ingredients are you refering to?

13. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    If you notice, there is usually a LONG list of non-active ingredients.

Many of them have names that sound like a sugar-alcohol: i.e. dextralose, sucralose, etc. these make you diarrhea.

then there are some others that will make you nauseus but not in the amounts that they put in there--only in HUGE quantities: i.e. ten times the dosage of 30mg DXM.

There are so many of these that I can't even think of any right now. There's one kind I know that's around here (walgreens,cvs) that appears to be just pure DXM-it has an old man on the box--Dr. John's Special Recipe cough syrup or something like that. It has an old man in an apothecary seal. If you look at the list of ingredients, you'll see some nasty stuff in there that has nothing to do with cough-prevention.

Either someone else will have to post the exact ingredient or I can run up to the drug store in a little while and check it out for you. I wish I could think of the nasty stuff's name. I just did a google search and nothing shows up.

14. bluntz

bluntz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male
    swim would not recommend benedryl or dramamine for recreational use. some people find it amusing but they cause dilusions and can be quite intense and dangerous so maybe have a sitter. also swim says that the overall feeling you get on both of these drugs is not at all pleasant. swim's friend tried a shitload of benedryl once. he did not succeed in killing himself but he did succeed in having dilusions of thousands of very large(from normal spider to cat sized) 3 headed spiders running all over the place and the whole not realizing that these were halucinations due to being dilusional thing didn't go to well for him.

15. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    114 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    YES!

It's called, "BEER."

16. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I enjoy Yohimbine, which is OTC. Good energy, mood lift and a pretty strong aphrodisiac. VERY good in combo with marijuana. Prolly my favorite herbal.
    Ephedrine is alright. Kind of an empty stimulant, though. No euphoria really. I still take it when there's nothing else, it's not really bad or anything.
    Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex inhalers). Usually one cotton swab is a good dose. SWIM has tried this with strange results (VERY intense head pain, stomache cramps, but then flipped around to be one of the most amazing drugs SWIM's gotten OTC) Still want to try it again and see if the headache comes back. But my god, it was fun (so says SWIM).

17. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    WAIT! It was FUN!???

Isn't this just l-methamphetamine?? like what's in vick's inhalers?

What'd you do, rub a cotton swab inside the hole, or do you take it apart?

Then what did you do? eat it? lick it?

I'm curious. the most shocking thing about your post was "But my god, it was fun." LOL :crazy

18. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    The only shitty thing i s the caffiene in them. There is a lot of caffiene in OTC tylenol 1's. If anyone has a good way to isolate the crap from the good, it should be posted.

19. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    propylhexedrine isn't desoxyephedrine/l-metamfetamine.
    Anyway, yeah... just cut the cotton swab into 4 sections and took em like pills.

Propylhexedrine:
    [​IMG]

l-metamfetamine:
    [​IMG]

20. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Is there a Schedule IV? If not this would lead me to believe that Tylenol I is legal to possess in the US. Why it's not sold is beyond me..