Effects - Is this just poor quality Kratom that I purchased?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Nujabes, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Nujabes

Nujabes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I purchased this Maeng Da Kratom at a local shop. This particular Kratom comes in 0.9 gram capsules (brand is "Lucky" and on the label it says potent etc. I have read the threshold is somewhere between 2-3 grams so I took 3 to start out semi slowly. 1 hour later very little effects were noticed if any. Over the following hour I kept taking 1-2 until all 10 capsules were gone equating to approximately 9.5 grams total. I did feel some slight itchiness which was to be expected but the "high" was mild. I did feel some slight euphoria that lasted about 30 minutes but nothing to make the investment worth it. Also it should be noted I took them on a moderately empty stomach (ate ~3 hours prior to) and had no other drugs for the last several weeks.

Is this just poor quality Kratom? Any advice would be appreciated! Also I prefer this stuff for now due to the fact that it is legal to purchase in the US. Thank you for your time DF'ers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
  2. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most Kratom from headshops is garbage, you just don't know what you're going to get. You could get kratom mixed with plant matter or plant matter sprayed with psychoactive chemicals. Search around the internet and find a respectable vendor if you really want to experience Kratom, someone that specializes in Kratom and has many strains is the best. Aim for Bali if you want the most relaxing effects, though I hear real Maeng Da is the bomb but haven't tried it.

Once I inquired about a product called "Kratomite" or something like that at a headshop and the guy told me to stick with what I have, even they know their products are garbage.

3. Nujabes

Nujabes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm I took 10 capsules of the same stuff last night at once on a very empty stomach. Itchiness became apparent about an hour in. Later the euphoria came on in a slightly intense manner and I became quite drowsy / tired. Passed out for an hour and a half or so with lovely, pulsating, euphoric sensations throughout my body. Four hours in I was near baseline.

Kratom is my new go to choice especially because of its legality and wonderful opiate like effects. I went online and purchased 3 ounces from a vendor that seems reliable, hopefully the stuff coming in will be more potent than the last and not require 9.5 grams to get me there. Lovely stuff this Kratom!

4. brittneyj

brittneyj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from U.S.A.
    I hope the new stuff works for you. Just sample different vendors until you find the right one.

5. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've found kratom to be extremely variable and unreliable in potency. When it's good it's great but often it does barely anything at all. Dried poppy pods are much more reliable in my experience.

6. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    9.5 grams actually isn't that farfetched of a dose for Kratom, though for someone with no tolerance 5-7 grams of good Kratom should be enough, so take it slow when you get the new batch. I usually take 10-11 grams and have been at it quite awhile. Nothing beats Kratom as far legal drugs go in my opinion, a real natural remedy rather than a strange research chemical. I also think it's superior to prescription opiates, way less fiendish and it gives you the full spectrum as nature intended rather than one potent chemical, and it doesn't have tylenol in it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  7. Nujabes

Nujabes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Seriously Kratom is very nice I can only imagine how mary jane would increase the "high." Not that it's necessary but I do love my green plants haha.

As for the poppy stuff that seemed hard to come by and expensive. THe legality is quite questionable as well but I'd give it a shot if I knew how to obtain some at a relatively low cost. Unfortunately distribution and price discussion isn't allowed on this site. :p

Why do I have a red mark next to my name, I've never broken any rules :(

8. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Depends where you live I guess - for me, poppies are far more economical than kratom.

That means you've got 'negative rep' for one of your posts. Don't sweat it, just make intelligent contributions to threads and you'll soon get some positive rep that will cancel it out and then start to build up.

9. seaturtle

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's crazy, poppies must be at least a few times more expensive than Kratom in the states, and 10 times harder to find. Though quality poppy seeds are actually fairly cheap and available.

Tags: