Experiences - Is this the usual mescaline experience?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by dextrorotatory, Feb 5, 2006.

1. dextrorotatory

dextrorotatory Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have a question regarding usual mescaline experience duration. I have experience Peruvian Torch cactus several times and each time probably experienced an overall mescaline dosage of approximately 250mg each time (he reacts very anomalously to psychedelics and finds his dosages on all of them much lower than other peoples in order to maintain sanity). Every time he experienced this he has felt fantastic the next day and had no trouble sleeping but recognized (due to previous long nights) a need to start early in the day with his experience. This time, however, he decided to attempt a significantly higher dosage (approximately 350mg). He consumed the cactus at 10am and was feeling the full effects at around 12. He had a fantastic time (only came close to negativity once) that rivals his LSD experiences (which he values very highly) and finally got to sleep at around 5am (17 hours later for those of you not into the whole “mathematics scene”) still feeling fantastic euphoria and experiencing only minor reductions in visualizations (surprisingly he still managed a fair amount of sleep). The next morning he woke up in somewhat of a fog (at 12) but after some beautiful trimethylxanthine he realized that 25 hours later he was still experiencing a fairly high body euphoria and noticeable patterns (passive) on many surfaces. His question is:

Is this the normal comedown that others experience? Swim’s friend who experienced a near identical experience on an identical dosage also experienced the same “comedown”. Is this normal? Should (now 30 hours after initial effects were noted) he still feel fantastic like this or is his experience merely a serendipitous biological anomaly? What are other’s usual comedowns after similar dosages like?

2. Leafteaner

Leafteaner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My cactus experiences also last very long, with noticable effects the next day. An average experience lasts roughly 12 hours of strong effects with an extremely gradual comedown. I also take a smaller dose than most people with stronger effects. Sounds pretty similar

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  3. dragonmage

dragonmage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    san pedro hits me fully 3 or 4 hours after taking and i'm flying like crazy for 6 hours,i use early also around noon or 1pm,i see shadow people if i turn out the lights.

4. dragonmage

dragonmage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i feel refreshed and happy the next day i love san pedro its my favorite