1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Smoking - Is using tin-foil in a pipe safe?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Echoes27, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Echoes27

Echoes27 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Ok well, I have a lot of kief and he wants to smoke it in a pipe. But the pipe he has is homemade, out of wood (it's nice), but he has nothing to hold the weed in place.

Back in the day My friends and I would occasionally use tin-foil for that purpose but since then he's learned that it causes Alzheimer's disease?

Lolwutpear.jpg

Is this true?

2. PsychoActivist

PsychoActivist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
  3. Echoes27

Echoes27 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Thanks brah.

I looked through those threads and it seems they contain mostly mixed repsonses. Having second thoughts...

4. SunnyHours

SunnyHours Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I am a very fond user of glass...he always buys the highest quality glassware he can as he believes nothing is purer than glass (as far as smoking goes). BUT, this one time he forgot to buy screens and seeing as he lost his 3 glass screens had no choice to use Aluminum foil...the only advice this Swimmer can give you is to 'heat' and 'burn' the foil thoroughly so that MOST of the nasties be burnt prior to you's inhalation.
    Otherwise I strongly suggest buying glass screens or the bare minimum metal screens (using the same method as for the tin-foil to 'clean')
    Stay Safe!

5. nik12937

nik12937 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For a few uses? Yes, you're going to ingest more aluminum simply through cooking with it. But over the long term you should really invest in glass or at least in something like a corncob pipe, they're usually very cheap and can be found at gas stations and such.

6. Echoes27

Echoes27 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Sorry it's been a while since I have visited here.Only having smoked using tin foil once or twice, SWIM heated it thoroughly before smoking. So it shouldn't have done that much.Thanks for the replies. :>

7. BlackSkullRacer

BlackSkullRacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have heard that using metal is not a good idea.

8. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Because....

without some logic or evidence, this post is of no value.

9. nik12937

nik12937 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The only harm I have ever heard of aluminum "causing" is alzheimers. It was noted in a study that patients with alzheimers had elevated levels of aluminum in their bloodstream, so it really isn't known which causes which.

If you have to smoke from metal for whatever reason, use brass, a high amount of screens that I have used are made of brass, so one would assume that they "could" be safer to smoke with.

10. BlackSkullRacer

BlackSkullRacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

True. I just heard someone tell me that before. I am guessing that it is due to the worry of getting particles of hot metal in your lungs.

Tags: