1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Is Wellbutrin (Bupropion) a MAOI?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by llllllllllllll, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    im prescribed a Rx for 350mg of wellbutrin xl (i was told xl is stronger also but w/out the crazy side effects)

a friend of mine is on a pill thats a MAOI and swim and he use any drug he does half than swim and is fucked up more, and longer. before this new pill he would come down sooner and not be as high.

sometimes its scary but...i think it could save everyone a lil bit of moneys!

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    No, it's a Selective Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (which makes it not a Benzo either, hence the move!).

Well covered elsewhere on here - use the Search Engine (search for Zyban and Bupropion also. Whilst you're at it, run a search on MAOI's, and Serotonin syndrome for your friend!)

3. zipoo

zipoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    should post like these be deleted, or moved somewhere else. the just build up traffic and bump down active, new and engaging converastion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.