Injecting - IV Cocaine usage in NY (aka getting your gear)

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by suninmy_MOUTH, Oct 5, 2006.

1. suninmy_MOUTH

suninmy_MOUTH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM probably doesn't need to get this info, since it would be tempting to make use of it. However, I am new to NYC, and noticed that there was some recent law passed that persons can buy a pack of needles at the pharmacy without a perscription? Although, some places could refuse to do so, and/or some places give the customer a hard time buying them.

In my area there are no big chain pharmacies, mostly family run, and seems like it would be somewhat awkward to ask for them. SWIM just wants to make sure his information is correct that it is perfectly OK to buy them anywhere in NY state.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It is legal, but the legal code is so tricked out that many pharmacies would need a lawyer to help them understand it. It appears the key to this new law is that a drug store cannot make it clear that they can sell such to a person 18 years old without a prescription. Here:

http://www.harmreduction.org/research/decrim/annot.html

Note the revisions following the former legal code.

3. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I'd recommend not doing it, but if you do decide to go ahead a trip report like before would be nice.

4. lipglass

lipglass Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I do it all the time...before she went the first time, she took the list in the link provided above and called nearby pharmacies to ask what their policy & procedures were for persons wanting syringes under NY's ESPA law. Not one had a clue what ESPA is so SWIM explained it as "the law that allows any person 18 or older to purchase a 10 pack of syringes without a prescription". They understood then. A few require seeing (but not holding or recording info, they CAN'T according to ESPA's state overseers whom I have spoken with) photo ID like CVS & Eckerd...Rite Aid, K-Mart's Pharmacy & mom & pops have not asked for ID, just what type syringes. Ask, pay, go...that's it.

For the record, K-Mart is the most expensive at $5.99 per 10-pack (1CC BD Ultrafine 30 gauge), CVS the least at $2.78. Rite Aid is $2.99 and most mom & pops are around $4.00. No-one has given SWIM dirty or suspicious looks, they seem happy in fact to do this.

Please ask if you need any more info...I live about 50 miles north of NYC.

5. snowrider

snowrider Newbie

Reputation Points:
    im wondering if you can do that in canada,manitoba??

6. Natez

Natez Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from New York
    Walmart is cheapest, got a 10-pack for around $2 there.

7. hayburner

hayburner Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i used to never be interested in stimulants. i was shooting dope for about a year before i decided to stop and get on subs. i don't really think that much about it anymore. recently i got into smoking crack and then i understood what all the fuss was about. IV'd some fire coke the other day and now i really really understand how people ruin themselves with it. such a short-lived high though. IV is the only way to do it though. no patience for snorting anything anymore.

anyone else get the massive salivation after doing a nice shot of white? i can talk for as long as the high lasts. non-stop. i was actually opening up to my friends about a lot of things..

hayburner added 7 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

oh yeah, double post. what i said is pretty much irrelevant so don't mind me i'm just talking. NYC sounds like a pain in the ass for getting and doing drugs. no privacy at all and cops everywhere... fuck that. i live in the Boston area and dealers are flaky, but the cops are pretty chill and never give me any problems.

picking up needles around here is as easy as buying a pack of cigarettes. needle exchanges are plentiful.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  8. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    Yes, it's perfectly legal here, they have the right to refuse but it's not illegal to sell them to anyone without a prescription.

Tags: