IV DMT experiences?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by aminorex, Sep 28, 2006.

1. aminorex

aminorex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  2. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Highly recommend reading Dr. Rick Straussman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. It deals entirely with IV DMT use.

3. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I second stan's recommendation. Read at least the first couple chapters of The Spirit Molecule. It sounds like it has about the same duration and intensity profile as smoked DMT, but would probably be easier to achieve a breakthrough dose without the discomfort of smoking large amounts of crystal.

I'll try to dig out some of my references if I can find any. One thing I do remember reading about is the possibility of contamination. SWIM might want to think twice if the source came from a home extraction. Without purification steps like vacuum desiccation or column chromatography, you're probably injecting trace (or larger) amounts of everything you used to get your product.

Just something to think about, mind. Might not hurt to do it once, or trace chemicals might not matter to you (I know it doesn't to hordes of people who inject daily).

Good luck!

4. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK, did a little bit of reading on some other forums. Came up with some info:

1. It seems that it is possible to IV the freebase, the example found was dissolved in a saline solution with a very small amount of heat and mixing. While possible, other sources do not recommend this as the freebase supposedly is not pH neutral and may cause discomfort or damage

2. Best form for injecting will be a salt, at a neutral pH (7) or very slightly basic (pH 8). Most salt forms of DMT seem to form an amorphous/resinous substance, but this shouldn't matter if you're injecting. Preparation of these salts is beyond the scope of this thread, but the ones most viable for injection seemed to be the ascorbate, acetate, and tartrate salts.

3. IM is possible, but with mixed results. Tartrate was mentioned as the best candidate for this, but achieving a neutral pH is absolutely critical if injecting into muscle.

Still highly recommend Strassman's book. It doesn't provide any instructions or detailed procedures, but is full of information about the subjective and physiological effects.

Purification - At the very least: dry all solvents with a drying agent before use, do three defats with xylene, use a drying agent after separating your non-polar from the basified extract, and reX 3-4 times. Dry very thoroughly, then chop up your crystals and dry it some more to be sure. I would almost feel comfortable with this level of purity; if you've ever shot anything you bought on the street, it's already overkill. Depends on your standards.

5. magic clown

magic clown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    why would anyone want to inject dmt?