1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Injecting - IV Methadone experience

Discussion in 'Methadone' started by Beltane, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    SWIM's friend gets tons of methadone prescribed for back problems-- something like 200mg/day. SWIM grabbed a couple 40mg wafer's from his friend because he wanted to try them out.

I have experience with many opiates, tho he's never been addicted to them per se. He's also not on any other opiates at time of this report.

So I ate a 40mg wafer on an empty stomach. Don't remember the onset, but the feeling was generally one of mild relaxation and that "opiate itchiness." Definitely NOT mind blowing, or even very noteworthy. It should be noted that at the same time I ate his wafer, his brother (a much bigger guy) at one too that really seemed to mess him up.

So about 20 hours later the following day, SWIM asked his friend/source if it's possible to IV methadone. Friend/source said yes. SWIM guesses that this is NOT recommended and probably dangerous as that's what he's heard about injecting pills.

SWIM crushed wafer and mixed with 3 ml water. Can't remember if heat was used. Drew up liquid into 3 ml point through cotton; about 1.5 ml water got drawn up. Think the rest was mixed up with whatever wouldn't dissolve. Also, SWIM swallowed the particulate matter as friend/source said there was still methadone in there.

IV'd liquid. Onset this time was basically immediate, but generally the effect was the same- relaxation, itchiness and an overwhelming sense of "I thought this would be cooler."

So SWIM's eaten and IV'd methadone and is unimpressed. Overall, he has much more of a thing for uppers in general so it's not surprising that methadone didn't do much for him, but compared to heroin or oxycontin, I like methadone much, much less.

- Beltane

2. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    97 y/o
    Never slam methadone. It is a horrible idea

3. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I'm sure you're right, but I'd be interested to hear some specifics if you care to elucidate.

Thanks-

- Beltane

4. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    97 y/o
    Certainly. There is a reason addicts get methadone. Methadone simply provides no iv rush. It has such a high oral bioavaibility that you wouldn't even get better high. Whereas heroin, eaten, gives you only about 30% of the drug in your blood stream due to first pass metabolism. You gonna fit a few 40mg wafers in a rig?

Its really just not a good idea. Eat your methadone, save your veins for more important stuff.