Injecting - IV preparation: Midazolam (Dormicum) 7.5mg

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by stalem8te, Jan 24, 2007.

1. stalem8te

stalem8te Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Anyone who has shot these. I want 2 know wat methods work the best for preppin these ?? cold, warm water etc etc. thanks. also wat should be expected?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: IV prep' 4 Dormicum 7.5mg

Midazolam is water soluble, but even so, be wary of shooting pills. Binders can get into the bloodstream leading to many problems! I believe there is a sticky thread about shooting benzos in the downers forum, maybe that could be of help? This thread also delves into IV use of midazolam later on.

I would advise against shooting a pill due to the binders and potential health risks, even if midazolam could in theory be used IV. I am going to ask that You waits to hear more from other people and read up on this further before making this decision, although I would really caution You away from this idea.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: IV prep' 4 Dormicum 7.5mg

Because Midazolam is one of the few benzodiazepines that exist in a salt form, it is possible to seperate it via an acid/base extraction.
    Look up this extraction technique with the search engine, the acid/base extraction can be performed with otc chemicals, and doesn't require much to any chemistry knowledge.

Tags: