1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Injecting - IV preparation: Midazolam (Dormicum) 7.5mg

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by stalem8te, Jan 24, 2007.

1. stalem8te

stalem8te Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 2, 2006
    Anyone who has shot these. I want 2 know wat methods work the best for preppin these ?? cold, warm water etc etc. thanks. also wat should be expected?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 26, 2006
    Re: IV prep' 4 Dormicum 7.5mg

Midazolam is water soluble, but even so, be wary of shooting pills. Binders can get into the bloodstream leading to many problems! I believe there is a sticky thread about shooting benzos in the downers forum, maybe that could be of help? This thread also delves into IV use of midazolam later on.

I would advise against shooting a pill due to the binders and potential health risks, even if midazolam could in theory be used IV. I am going to ask that You waits to hear more from other people and read up on this further before making this decision, although I would really caution You away from this idea.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 27, 2006
    from The Netherlands
    Re: IV prep' 4 Dormicum 7.5mg

Because Midazolam is one of the few benzodiazepines that exist in a salt form, it is possible to seperate it via an acid/base extraction.
    Look up this extraction technique with the search engine, the acid/base extraction can be performed with otc chemicals, and doesn't require much to any chemistry knowledge.