Opinions - iv sedation: What could it have been?!?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by dre3k, May 14, 2007.

1. dre3k

dre3k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recently has had oral surgery. With this being done I was administered IV sedation, I was wondering what exactly was inserted into my vein. I think it is pretty cool feeling, being that I was told to count backwards from 100 and only made it to about 95. SWIM woke up groggy as shit and needed help leaving the doctor's office, Feeling a bit delerious?

Days after SWIM encountered headaces, not that severe. SWIM still gets them, wondering if reaction from the iv sedation induced these headaces, As I didnt have them prior. SWIM forgot what meds I was taking post surgery, a antibiotic and something else, not sure.

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: iv sedation?!?

Err, why not ask SWiM's dentist what it was?

3. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

You was probaply administered a IV benzodiazepine.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

When such was given to Bongo for a date with Doctor Yank, he demanded to know what was in the needle. It was a small dose of diazepam. A hefty bonk of fentanyl. And 100mg of Thiopental Sodium - extremely short-acting barbituate. Bongo remembered counting back to 90-something and saying Bye! And waking up being told it was over.

5. dre3k

dre3k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Isn't Fentanyl what some dickwads cut with Herion? I remember seeing news reports of Fentanyl related deaths in S. Florida due to being cut into herion? Just wondering if this is true, and what are the health effects of using Fentanyl, And is it possible to have an allergic reaction.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

UTFSE for fentanyl. We must have plenty of data kicking around.

7. Lazarus

Lazarus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM works in the medical field. Depending on the surgery, You was probably administered a combination of Demerol, Versed, and/or Valium. This combination is known as 'conscious sedation,' because in smaller doses the patient actually stays awake but can not remember anything afterwards, including the pain. In large doses, the patient is just knocked-out and very confused/forgetful upon awakening. There are other drugs used, but these are the most common ones that I have encountered.

8. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.