Ive got a luvley coconut (no grapes).- How To Make A Coconut Bong.

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by geezaman, May 9, 2007.

1. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hey all, the summer has hit or is just around the corner or so we hope! so heres a treat for the hot weather - How To Make A Coconut Bong

Its a perfect sunny day, shorts, straw hat, sun-bed, shades etc, You has a cool beer, so whats missing? OK if your in the UK you've tripped the sunny weather, but who cares make believe is fun, You need a tropical prop though, out comes your coconut bong!:cool:

Time to make 15 mins tops

Shopping list
    1) A coconut, (yes believe it or not this tek requires one), when You buys it hold it in the hand You don't use for their lighter, hold it with its 3 dimples up most, and make sure You can easily fit a thumb or finger comfortably over one, it will become yous shotgun hole/breather/exhaust later.
    2) A down pipe with bowl
    3) Plastic or metal intake tube preferably for ease sake no bigger than 10mm outer diameter.
    4) Pint glass (not essential)
    5) Funnel

Also needed will be a drill, or a pointy stiff bladed knife.

Step 1)
    After buying appropriate coconut remove excess hair, it tends to irritate after a bit.

Step 2)
    (Read all of step before beginning) Drill through each of the coconuts eyes, 1 hole just smaller than the plastic/metal tube, 1 hole just smaller than the down pipe, and one that You can block with their thumb or finger that will be used for the exhaust/ breather/ shotgun hole. After You has decided which will be their exhaust/air intake/ breather/shot gun hole, You should be able to see which of the others is better for the down pipe (you don't want to have the pipe You inhales through going straight over the bowl). alternatively with a stiff bladed knife, you can , with care push the point into the eye and then carefully twist too and fro to make a hole, may be worth testing regularly to make sure its not made too big.

Step 3)
    Either drink coconut milk, pour away, or use for bong water (if choosing last one keep coconut upright by placing in pint glass)

Step 4)
    Insert down pipe, if it wont fit use a knife as directed above to remove a little more of just the outer brown shell around the hole You should then be able to force it through (remove after-wards to make sure pipe is not blocked)

Step 5)
    Warm tube You will use to breathe through (if plastic. If metal repeat as directed in step 4) in hot water, this should enable You to insert the tube into the slightly smaller hole , and making it a tight fit.

Step 6)
    Take a suck on the pipe, if You draws coconut milk, withdraw the tube slightly, then slightly more until there is only about an inch of tube inside, if You is still drawing milk, drink it, if You continues to draw milk after that You is so stoned they tripping and should come back to it another day

Step 7)
    Put thumb or appropriate finger over exhaust/ shotgun hole/ breather, to make sure it works OK, if not increase the size of its hole

Step 8)
    Add water or desired liquid through breather hole with funnel (if coconut milk has been discarded or drunk), Pack the bowl lay back light and enjoy the summer!:D

(Note, yous luvley coconut bong should be used for no more than two days as its insides will go mouldy after a while, as you cannot see inside you will not know when this happens, SWIM strongly suggests its use as a one off, new one each day... can be made more quickly than cleaning a bong pretty easily)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Everyone in the entire world needs a coconut bong.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. Cakes

Cakes Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    absolutely. and i want mine with a little umbrella stuck in it.

The insides of the coconut may be removable if they were soluable. Like with acid or lye/lime. put a lime in teh coconut... The innards might come pouring out. or the coconut could be split in half, cleaned and then fastened back together (glue, tape, etc?).

here is another pic of a coconut pipe:

ai124.photobucket.com_albums_p14_CakesPix_smokingmusicthroughanargila.jpg

this guy calls his coconut a nargila.

4. Coconut

Coconut Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hm, sounds like something I should be interested in. :laugh:

5. thrackelsby

thrackelsby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It looks to me like that guy would be calling his coconut his "precioussss"

Ahem! Anyway, I read a guide to making a coconut/bamboo bong on the World Wide Internet somewhere, and they told you to use the big hole and scrape the inside meat out. Apparently that is what causes the mold, and you can use the coconut for much longer after that.

He did also say that the scraping was a long arduous process. The bong produced was killer awesome! When all the kudzu dies out this winter, and I can safely make it to the bamboo forest by my house this will be my winter project! I will post instructions if it turns out well.

6. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    lol I did consider scraping out but as You has suggested it would be very difficult and time consuming,... btw whats a kudzu?

7. pyroarchy

pyroarchy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Its this plant that grows in the US, I know along the east coast. Its this vine that has big green leafs on it, grows like wildfire. Heard that the Japanese brought it here to help from erosion of hills and such....well it can get out of hand consuming entire hillsides the tallest of trees, houses, roads..etc..

Attached Files:

8. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    A CAR TREE? man i gotta grow myself some of those, i really need a new car :D

nice coconut bong, does it leave a nasty coconut aftertaste? swim hates the taste of coconut

9. Arsonist

Arsonist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from austria
    If you go to instructablesdotcom and search "Mini potato cannon from PVC and a coconut", It gives you some interesting tips, on how to open and clean the coconut.

Is that any help?