I've got this theory, right

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by Akewstick, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I recently bought some "hash" in the UK, now SWIM dosen't want to get into a debate about resin or hash or pollen and what is what, but SWIM'll say this:

It's brown, hard (but not rock hard) and you need to hit it with a flame to get any to come off. It's not soapbar, it's better than that. There's almost no "high" feeling, just a stoned feeling, I have however experienced closed eyes on it just as much as some of the bud he smokes.

Anyway, I've got this theory, right, that if you smoke loadsa this stuff you're tolerance is obviously going to rise. When you smoke bud, you get a "high" feeling and a stoned feeling. With this stuff, you just get stoned. So if you build up a tolerance to being stoned by smoking loads of this, but don't smoke any bud, you won't have a tolerance to the more high/THC side of things.

My theory states:

If you smoked bud after not smoking it for ages, but after smoking loads of this resin, you would get just as high as you would if you hadn't smoked weed for ages, but with less of a stoney feeling, because your tolerance to that is high.

Is my theory complete bollocks?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I can see where You is coming from. There's been a lot of resin around here recently as well ranging from dry weak brown hash (like a slightly cleaner and more potent version of soapbar) to moderately sticky, dark on the outside - yellow on the inside, polm (a step above the brown hash probably). SWIM smokes the sticky hash during the day and gets nicely stoned without being too out of it to get some work done and at night he smokes some of the small amount of skunk he has left which brings about a stronger high. I guess it's all about THC levels. The hash is weaker so the skunk will obviously bring about a stronger, more noticable high.

3. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    in my experience your theory is very true. due to price (weed worked out as 4 times as much) and avaliability for over two years swim rarely smoked weed and smoked hash every day. btw this was soapbar (hence the price). I remember being very suprised at how hard the weed hit him considering how much hash he had smoked.

another thing I has noticed is that when he smokes hash now (admittedly normally when he's drunk) the stoned sensation comes on far quicker. maybe this is because the hash is better but I think it has more to do with separate tolerance levels for hash and weed.

4. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    excellent, thanks guys.

Another question I was wondering about (he didn't quite say it right in the original post) is this: Is smoking weed after recently smoking lots of hash less stoney than if you hadn't smoked any hash? Does the skunk produce a psychedelic high with less of the stoned feeling that usually accompanies when smoking bud?

5. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Bare this in mind, THC degrades to CBN in hash unless its very fresh.
    CBN produces a more stoned feeling and less of a high or buzz that THC and CBD produces.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Cannabinol (CBN) is non-psychoactive so it actually doesn't produce any effect. Cannabidiol (CBD) is thought to be non-psychoactive also although perhaps it can cause a sedative effect.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  7. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Wow, that's the first time i've ever heard anyone of that opinion. All the people i've spoken to are in agreement that THC causes a psychedelic weird high, and that CBD causes a "stoned" feeling, and that soapbar and other types of resin in that vein contain lots of CBD and little to no THC.

SWIM's experiences with this kind of resin however, do always seem to throw up the kind of strange thoughts and Visuals that imply to him the presence of THC.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I highly doubt that soapbar contains much CBD because not much actual THC from pollen gets in there in the first place. It's probably the vile toxins in it that give it that sorry excuse for an effect. I don't touch it because it gives him headaches. By the way, I never said that CBD doesn't give an effect, it just doesn't give much of an effect and isn't psychoactive in the way THC is. CBN is also virtually non-psychoactive from what I understand because it's the oxidation of THC. If anything it can reduce the euphoric effects on THC therefore giving the "stoned" effect rather than the "high" effect.

Tags: