IVing this atomic bomb of a Tryptamine...

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Sklander, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I have some extremely good DMT that he has smoked several times... The substance oils up very nicely when smoking and I have had some unreal trips off the drug... I was wondering if there is something special needed for IV use of this drug?

2. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    a space suit

3. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland
    No, infatcit's thought that it's a lot more grounding. Siwm has never had DMT but has read accounts of DMT that has been smoked and IV'd and he believes that IV is alot easier on the mind.

4. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Smoking is just so difficult of a task to perform correctly... IVing would be 100% effective and that would be guranteeded...

5. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    just as long as the dmt is pure its safe also its easyerr to black out on it, check around for iv doses before you try it

6. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    And it would probably be best to turn it into a salt, the base form might do damage to your veins, I think.
    Does anyone know if any bacteria from the extraction source would survive the extraction process? If so, it might not be a good idea to shoot it at all.

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have always heard you need to convert it before you shoot it, no matter how pure it is. If it is extracted DMT, you really should convert it. AFOAF knows how to do it and I have some idea on what to do.

shoot 100mg IV into swims arm, just make sure you convert it first.

8. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    .4mg/kg is what Dr. Rick Strassman used as the high dose in his DMT IV injection trials.
    0.2mg/kg was active and 0.5mg/kg was too much. While he does not say which salt he used, the only one the FDA has approved for human DMT research was the furamate.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  9. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    DMT salt, at least the HCl salt, is supposed to be very difficult to isolate.

From the TIHKAL DMT entry

10. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I have heard that the HCl salt is almost impossible to isolate in a stable environment, ie. it is going to be introduced to SOME air, no matter how careful you are.

I have read that the furumate acid form is actually much easier to deal with.

I will let the community know what he finds...

11. Hyperspaceblastoff

Hyperspaceblastoff Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
  12. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    What kind of form was this DMT in that this hippie chick put in her ass?

13. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You must convert the DMT to its picrate or oxolate salt before injecting. Freebase DMT isn't even soluble in water... it'd be like trying to inject crack. You'd have to slice a hole in your vein with a razor blade and smoosh the waxy rock inside the wound with your fingers .

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Please! Don't give a few of our members any bright ideas. Regards DMT, it was generallly used as the fumarate (salt of Fumaric acid).

15. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    People seem to have an anal fetish around here... hahaha...

This is how I have turned his DMT into a suitable, stable way of injecting; by creating DMT fumarate. Simply beautiful.

16. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Fumaric acid, good idea. All the 4-hydroxy tryptamines seem to be very stable as fumarate salts.

17. roserjoe

roserjoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I think the rectal administration would be alot safer than IVing. She used freebase form, that's why she dissolved it in butter, instead of water.

Anyway, to IV You would want to clean the DMT freebase product as much as possible. I mean all kinds of washes and re-crystallisations over and over to get the purest form possible. I don't see how You could inject it in freebase form, what would you dissolve it into? I think the easiest way would be to make a 10mL sterile solution which has a pH of 3, dissolve the freebase dmt into it, suck up the 10mL into your syringe and inject.

18. gplant

gplant Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
  19. Toma

Toma Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I said:
    "
    I would only inject DMT, IV or IM, if:

- it is synthetic - plant-extracted DMT may contain a whole lot of other substances from plant matter or bacteria that may be allergenic and possibly cause an anaphylactic reaction when injected. That would mean having to call an ambulance and getting popped for drug possession at the best and dying from suffocation in minutes at the worst.

- it is salted - if you have freebase you can salt it yourself, possibly with citric or acetic acid. I don't know whether DMT citrate or acetate is very soluble but you can probably find more info on this on the net or just try it on small quantities and see. In any case you should not use vinegar or lemon juice as it may have organic allergens, the same story as plant-extracted DMT. Just use a synthetic acid as pure as possible.

EDIT: From what I've read the best would be with fumaric acid. I've seen pharmaceutical grade fumaric acid sold as psoriasis medicine in 500mg caps. If you buy it make sure it is free fumaric acid and not an ester and that the caps do not contain any additives.

- it is filtered through a syringe wheel filter just before injection

In any case, most reports I've read say that IV DMT is just too brutal. IM may be interesting.
    "

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  20. mr.mackey

mr.mackey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.S.A.
    here is something that swim dug up from another forum that might be helpful

"DMT HCl I.V. Expirements (uh...whoa!)

Well, SWIM haven't been around in a bit. Apologies for that. I have been increasingly interested in DMT administered intravenously. I recently picked up a pound of Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark from ***, and started to make up the dmt base last week. The lady accidently and unknowingly turned the spigot on SWIM's carboy, and drained the mixture all over the floor, only allowing for a yield of around 2 grams base off of a pound of bark. Oh well, right?

I took 300mg of dmt base and placed it inside a screw-top centrifuge tube. In a shot glass, SWIM mixed 2 drops of muriatic acid with 5cc of r/o water. SWIM added the water 1/2 cc at a time to the tube. At the end, there was a floating yellow blob on top of the water. SWIM added another 1/2 cc of water to this, and placed the container in a hot water bath.

The blob dissolves. Later, at room temperature, the sides of the tube were coated in an oil. Freebase? SWIM added one drop of muriatic acid to the tube and shook the piss out of it. A lot of the oil was gone from the sides. Another drop of muriatic acid, almost all the oil was gone. One last drop. No more oil on the tube.

For the quicker route, now that I know...

- Start with 300mg dmt freebase
    - put 5 drops of muriatic acid into a shotglass with 5.5cc of r/o water

Add the water 1/2 cc at a time until all gone. This should result in ~6cc of a slightly cloudy liquid with no noticeable odor.

To begin with, thanks to Dr. Strassman, we know the dosage of DMT Fumurate is .4mg/kg of body weight.
    DMT freebase is listed as 188.26 g/mole in the Merck Index. Hydrogen is 1.008 g/mole, and Chlorine is 35.435. Add them together and you've got DMT HCl at 224.721 g/mole.

Again, DMT freebase is listed as 188.26 g/mole, but this time, fumuric acid is 116.07 g/mole. That makes DMT fumurate at 304.33 g/mole.

So whatever the decided dose using Strassman's recommendations was, multiply that number by .74 to get you's DMT HCl dosage.

All that stuff is boring. Anyways. I took what worked out to be an ideal dosage for DMT HCl, 23.8mg, and halved it.

Being familiar with a syringe, I injected it.

What. The. Fuck. At half my dosage, before I even pulled the needle out, SWIM's ears began to ring. SWIM's body goes numb and I feel like he's flying. he jumped out of the chair and go look in the mirror at his pupils. McHUGE. Everything in the room starts changing sizes and looking weird, so he floated back to the chair and road it out.

...it worked."