1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

USA - Jo Wood Blames Drug Use on Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Culture' started by BitterSweet, Mar 4, 2013.

1. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Canada
    [IMGL=white]http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2569&pictureid=22024[/IMGL]Jo Wood says her rock and roll lifestyle is to blame for her drug use, and claims she took them so she wasn't 'left out' of ex-husband Ronnie's circle of friends.

The former model has insisted she wouldn't have taken drugs if she hadn't been married to Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie for 26 years before their divorce in 2009.

She admitted there is definite hypocrisy in the way such behaviour is glamorised for rock stars, but claimed she would never have let it get so bad her children would have done into care.

She told the Sunday Times newspaper: ''Oh yeah, there sure is [a hypocrisy]. Gosh, to think my kids would have been taken away. But I wouldn't have let it get to that point.

''If I hadn't been with a rock star, I wouldn't have been doing the drugs. I just went along with everything because ... otherwise, I would have been left out.''

Jo, 57, recently revealed the extent of her drug use, which included an 18-month period where she would take a form of cocaine in the bathroom of her Los Angeles home and - while she has said she was only a part-time mother - she dismissed the idea her children were abandoned.

She added: ''They weren't abandoned, they were there in the house. I used to do it when they went to sleep. They didn't see me do it ... I know I had young children. If it was me now I wouldn't have done it. But it was rock 'n' roll.''

Her and Ronnie raised four children together - Leah and Tyrone, as well as sons Jamie and Jesse from previous relationships.

Author: contactmusic.com
    Date: March 4, 2013
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news/jo-wood-blames-drug-use-on-rock-and-roll_3537767

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. runnerupbeautyqueen

runnerupbeautyqueen Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from Denton, Texas (so basically Dallas)
    I would expect remarks like this from a teenager, not a 57 year old grown adult woman.

Unless you were tied down or held at gunpoint no one is to blame for your actions except yourself. She say's she did it to fit in because she didn't want to be excluded from the group which makes sense but yet she's doing drugs in her bathroom (I'm assuming she was alone in her bathroom) when no one else was around to pressure her or to know what she was doing.

3. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    And actually, it's fairly well known among Stones' fans that Ron Wood and Charlie Watts did the least amount of drugs in the band. Charlie had a bad drinking problem but Ron mainly just smoked pot. He never got into heroin like Keith or big into coke like Mick.

She's just trying to blame others for her problems.

4. Cash.Nexus

Cash.Nexus Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Not according to Keith Richards. In his autobiography Life: Keith Richards, mention is made of Ronnie Wood's extensive use of freebase cocaine. AFAIR and I don't have the book now to quote, Keith didn't like this and tried to stop Ronnie and clique from indulging. To not much effect, initially.

But why is Jo Wood going public about what a bad mother she was, or would have been if not rich? Anything to do with the rock-and-roller-by-proximity-ex-model's release of the book Hey Jo by Jo Wood, 28 Feb 13 (Amazon UK) ??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017