1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by RoboCop, Feb 28, 2005.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Jan 22, 2004
    from earth
    I was wondering if anyone has ever expiremented with the plant Juniper? This is what the legal highs document had to say about it:

JUNIPER -- _Juniperas macropoda._ Family Cupressaceae (Cypress family).
    Materials: Leaves and branches of bush or tree found in northwestern Himalayan area. Berries of some juniper species are used in gin.
    Usage: Leaves and branches are spread upon embers of fire. Person places blanket over head while inhaling smoke.
    Active Constituents: Psychotropic agent uncertain. Nonacosanol,beta-D-glucoside of beta-sitosterol, sugiol (a diterpene ketone), and several glycosides and aglycones have been isolated.
    Effects: Intoxicant, hallucinogen, and deliriant. Causes user to move about in agitated, dizzy manner for several minutes, then collapse into hypnotic trance. Experience lasts about 30 minutes during which user may experience visions of communication with
    supernatural entities.
    Contraindication: Not specifically known, but obviously not for frequent use. Probably hepatotoxic.

It is also in some recipes for absinthe. Anyways there is not much of anything on this plant in erowid. And I would like to hear any experiences if someone had used it. I will be experimenting with this plant shortly, I am going to put and OZ of it in with his OZ of mary jane in his everclear. Smoking will be tried first.