Setting - Just sitting around: Tripping while SWIM's parents sleep

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Man Choch, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    So I will probably be tripping for the first time this tuesday. Because of certain circumstances I will only be able to trip during the middle of the night, when SWIM's parents will be asleep. So here is the question:

If I takes one hit, will SWIM be entertained enough just chilling in his room for like 6 or 7 hours, until the sun comes up when I will leave the house to go see the sunset? Or will SWIM be bored off his ass after a little while? Will I will be able to just sit there for hours like when I am stoned?

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    hmm that depends on where the trip takes you. ive had trips where i could sit on my couch and trip out for hours then ive had trips where i HAD to be out doing something and exploring. is it possible for u to leave ur hosue at night if need be? if so then ull be alright, if not id be careful because u may end up being loud and wake ur parents.

you also need to take into account that it is your first time. u may freak out and have no one ot calm u down besides ur parents who will probably take u to the hospital, the more i think about it the more i think its prolyl a bad idea.

3. fight4rights

fight4rights Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would probably have something lined up to do. Some kind of fun activity. I would personally have a movie and my labtop there. But I've never done LSD.

On the other hand, SWIM told me that they very often feel like they need some kind of activity to do while on shrooms. They feel as though they should be doing something, or have some kind of goal.

It sounds like there are much better settings then the one you're describing. Couldn't you just wait for another day when you aren't in that situation? I would recommend a house where you can relax becase you don't have to hide your highness from anybody. Or a park.

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Bored while tripping? SWIM can watch a tree grow and be entertained.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Art books (Salvador Dali is always good), writing paper, colored markers, candles...all good accoutrements for the homebound acidhead.

6. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well I could probably get out of the house if I needed to. Also, my sister is going to sit me for the beginning few hours of the trip.

7. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    well if u have someone to make sure u dont freak out and u can get outside if absolutely necessary then id say go for it. Id read as many trip reports as i could before hand just so i know what to expect and im not too surprised. good luck id be interested ot hear ur report afterwords.

8. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    With your parents not far away, being forced to keep quiet, and being in an enclosed space (your room) for the first time, maybe you would end up getting a bad case of The Fear. I don't know, but everything ive read and been advised is to do the exact opposite from what you're planning.

Maybe you even have a great time, and your parents wake up because you can't stop laughing.

9. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, I have had experience tripping in my house when they are asleep already. Like I have tripped on shrooms while my parents are sleeping in my room and had super intense trips.

10. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^ If that's the case, then go for it! ^
    Why did you ask then! Acid is just as intence as shrooms are. IMHO

11. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sweet then I am going for it. It's tonight! I hope there will be a sweet sunset tommorow morning.

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I can get bored when tripping at times. It just seems like the visualisations just go on and on. A change of scenery is the best remedy for this.

13. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I strongly advise against using acid alone on one's first trip. My first experience with acid many years ago was just as you described - parents asleep, me in my room. I ended up having to have a friend drive over and pick me up in the middle of the night. It may become very difficult to not wake your parents; your senses and judgement are altered and you may not realize how loud you are being or what sort of things are likely to wake others. Also, what's your backup plan if you have a panic attack...?

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    He's a veteran of mushrooms, joe. He'll be fine. If he feels comfortable doing this there and then - be supportive. Maybe he'll draw us some nice acidic cartoons of his parents.

15. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Watch the blotters contains like 900 mics and tomrow we here about a guy on acid who ate his parents while they slept.

16. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I was actually able to change some plans. I will no longer be doing it tonight, but on friday with an empty house with his best friend. Much better situation I must say.

17. peshkaqeni

peshkaqeni Newbie

Reputation Points:
    do not do lsd while you're alone.

18. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Your new situation is much better but sometimes I like to trip alone. This way you can just put on some headphones, close your eyes and travel to different places. Its harder to "let go" when you are around a lot of people. Both ways are fun though, and much diferent. You might want a sitter for your first time but after that you might find it better to just be alone and explore your mind. Someone said you were a veteran of mushrooms. If you have done shrooms before then you will be fine alone in your room. So even though you might have an empty house that night you could have a friend over or not.

It might be a risk your first time tripping because your judgment will be completely altered and you might unknowingly do something like tell your parents you are tripping. Its probably better that you are with a frined for your first time so you will have someone to keep you company.

19. DA GURU

DA GURU Newbie

Reputation Points:
    tripping alone in one room where you have to be relatively quiet? Very baaaad idea for a first time...You can go with some kind of meditation but not the first time...

and as someone said, you can have a great time and can' stop laughing, therefore waking up everyone in the house...

20. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim's first time on acid a few years ago was 2 tabs, alone in his house while his parents were asleep in their room. I was pretty experienced with mushrooms and had read up a great deal on lsd before hand, so he felt comfortable going into the situation. I had a great time while in his room watching a movie, listening to music, and in the bathroom looking at the mirror hehe. I went outside for the sunrise and the trip pretty much peaked, what a great time, trip lasted a lil over 8 hours i think... I have had many great trips with friends n such but has never had anything less than a great trip by himself. Thinking of all this is making him think about taking a tab or two this afternoon maybe (it is springbreak after all!)

whatever you end up doing i hope you have a great time and stay safe... as im sure you already know from mushrooms, the most important thing is going into the trip in the right state of mind... stay positive and things should be sweet, peace...