Health - 'K-Pains' Finally tracked down some info

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Beltane, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    K-Pains are something that SWIM just heard of in the last couple weeks, can't even remember where. He's been bingeing on IM Ketamine on and off for a couple years, a lot those years pretty seriously. He goes nuts about monthly using an average of 3 10ml bottles IM per day for 4 to 6 days with a couple epic bouts totalling over 20 bottles. Admittedly in that time there's been a couple 3 or 4 month breaks too. Anyway, he's done a lot and never had any problems to speak of.

But only recently he's begun getting EXTREME abdominal pains after 3-4 day binges of around 13 to 14 bottles. Having never heard of anything like this, he was clueless as to the cause. He tried everything he could think of and absolutely nothing made the slightest dent in the pain, which lasted consistently 4 straight days and nights. SWIM now knows what a woman in labor must feel like, if she's in labor for 4 days with no pain killers.

SWIM asked Dr. Jansen who had no idea. Finally, just now, I found 2 relevant posts.

1. Zielmann, S. & Grote, R. 1995. The effects of long-term sedation on intestinal function. Anaesthesist 44 Suppl 3:S549-S558

"‘K Pains’ are severe abdominal pains commencing after high dose, daily use (Jansen 2000). They can feel like ‘severe gas pains, but much worse’. They tend to appear when the intoxication resolves"

And even more informative is a post I found on erowid.com, from which he'll quote a little bit and post a link to the entire article.

"A few associates of mine had started getting severe stomach pain which lasted a day or two after nights of heavy usage. The pain was so intense, they indicated that they would rather die than endure the pain any longer."

Yeah, they really hurt that bad. The only thing that helps is sleep. SWIM at 90 10mg valium and got the tiniest bit of rest/relief over the 4 day period.

Thought I'd get this posted in case anyone else runs into anything similar.

Erowid post: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=4808

SWIM doubts there's many if any other users encountering such problems, but thought he'd put the info out anyway as it was extremely painful and tough info to find.

- Beltane

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I am giving an example here of what could only be called Drug Abuse. There is no excuse for using that much of ketamine. I'm sorry but I have to say that this is appalling. And 90 10mg diazepam (Valium)? Unbelievable.

3. Diba420

Diba420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds like You was taking in more ket than food and water. Which I could see why that cause problems. Is the only pain You had in your stomach? No really bad headaches or anything like that?

4. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    First Nagognog2, I read all your stuff and respect your opinions a great deal. Drug Abuse is a perfect lable for both that level of Ketamine consumption and Valium use.

I amn't aplogizing though. People come together on boards like tjhis to share informatipn honestly, so that's exactly wat I do.

The K is tricky. He has to take roughly 2 full days out of his schedule for the procurement of it, and the price is really good. So invariably he ends up getting around 15 bottles. When he returns "home," there's only one person/place where he can indulge so there are no other's to enlist in any attempts to stash bottles or keep them out of his posession. Each time he toys with different ideas for making it last, but up to this point nothing has come close to working.

I am even now considering getting an actual bank safe deposit box to hold his stash so that each time he finishes a smaller batch of bottles he'll be forced to sober up enough at least to deal with the bank.

As far as your choice of the word appalling, I think that's a judgement on your part. Lilly once shot him self up just about hourly for a month straight and lived to be 83, possibly still shooting K. It's a lot, but we all make our choices. SWIM's blood pressure is lower than it was in high school and he's in excellent physical shape. When not on K, he's a vegetarian and his body is pretty much a temple.

As for the 90 diazepam, the time before that it was only 60. And it's unfair for you to comment on how many sleeping pills a person in that much pain would take in order to stay unconscious, the only possible respite from a pain intensity that must be experienced to be understood.

Diba- Looking back, I could have stayed better hydrated through the early part of the ordeal, but once the pain hit he drank barrels of water hoping it might help and it didn't. Nor did antacids, juices, multi-vitamins or anything else he could think of. And as for the pain, it was only in the stomach.

- Beltane

5. k-skywalker

k-skywalker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    seems like people veared off the topic .... i read about those pains in that book too (k-pains) but seemed they were a mystery ,,,, I will cross that bridge when he comes to it although he did get pains in his stomache which just came on suddenly and left just as quick after 2 hours last week ... a pain he never felt before as in the type of pain ....

6. djplayboy

djplayboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    I have seem some one take 100 10mg valium before more than once... not a very nice sight tho.

7. kip

kip Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM encountered this problem twice, so much pain that blood pressure dropped and found it very hard to breathe. Even went to hospital once, but they did not know what was going on or how to treat it. Even after SWIM told them he had accidentally done k ;)