K Trips ...or not?

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Ketamina, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As my username implies, I'm a big fan of ketamine. On the rare times I've got any, IM is always the way to go while listening to good music (rarely with any singing, as I find it distracting) and lying down.

Despite the fact I typically have interesting visuals with my eyes closed, or even open but covered with something dark, and I can sometimes guide what I see, I've never experienced what some call the 'k-hole'. I was introduced to k by someone who has experienced this, but he hasn't had a trip like that for a long time, either.

I have read on other sites that a typical dosage via IM is 1cc, and it's enough to reach this point. I find that this is untrue in my case, and my husband's. We typically do anything from 1.2 to 1.7ccs. At that dose, I get my usual visuals and he experiences his usual things (which he can rarely describe or remember in any detail). If we take any more than that, we typically don't remember anything.

I'm posting for a several reasons: I'm wondering if there is some way to reach the 'k-hole' point that I'm not getting, if the usual k we use isn't potent enough, or what? We are also socially inept and have a hard time meeting folks in 'real life' to discuss such things with.

I get our k from someone who says they get it from India/the Middle East. I have noticed that it seemed less potent (although I don't know why) than what I used to get a couple of years ago from a vet supplier here in the US. I don't get it often, but when I do, it usually doesn't last long.

Any tips, suggestions, questions, links or other forms of help would be very welcome. I hope I've given enough information.

2. HardCash21

HardCash21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First of all Ketamine vials will vary in dosage from company to company. Some being 50mg/mL and others being 50mg/mL so I wouldn't guage the K intake on CC's but Mg's. Also, I would suggest increasing each dosage you take slowly until you reach the K HOLE.

Here is a chart showing the dosages of Ketamine. Hope this helps.

3. windtraveler

windtraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ketamina, i cant say that i have ever experienced a K-hole either, and am not sure how to have one so i doubt i can be much help. I have IM'd three or four times, and insufflated it only once. The latter two experiences i had were both of 100 ml (1 cc = 100 ml) and were pretty strong for me, but did not produce the much talked about K-Hole. Maybe if i upped the dosage a notch or two, and relaxed into the experience more, i could see it happening. Obviously everyone is different, and drugs affect people in different ways.

You seem like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. The only suggestion that i can make is that maybe you are trying too hard and/or expecting too much.

It might just happen unexpectedly, when you have given up trying to make it happen.

Also, different manufacturers do produce different quality ketamine. Some will be better than others.

4. i like wimmins

i like wimmins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was curious about this Ketamine phenomenon, and you probably will be too until you experience it for yourself...remember though, its called a K-hole because its not all that pleasant (much like being trapped in a hole would most likely be). The best way to get there is just bump up your dose a few times till you hit it. You really can't make yourself fall into a Hole mentally or anything, its just a matter of taking lots of the drug (the erowid site is an awesome guide).
    If you aren't totally opposed to mixing substances, getting drunk prior to shoving the K up your nose will get you there a lot faster. But use caution [​IMG]

5. windtraveler

windtraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry, i meant 1 cc = 1 ml, and the 20 ml vials that i got ahold of are 100 mg ketamine per 1 ml.

6. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    No worries windtraveler, I knew what you meant. :)

Thanks for the input from everyone. I mainly wanted to throw this out at some folks who know what I'm talking about (as I said, I don't know anyone in 'RL' to discuss such things with other than my husband).

I think the main thing is to try to find that happy 'medium' between just having a pleasant ride while listening to music --which is totally acceptable and why I like it so much-- and coming around after taking a bit too much and not remembering a thing.

I've never tried it up my nose; I hear it really effects the mucous membranes, plus I really like the feeling after injection of the k flowing throw my body, slowly 'numbing' me down.

Thanks again for the input. :)

7. devil

devil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have fallen into the k-hole many times, but never without the
    assistance of E. 1cc ie, 100mg should be enough unless you have been
    doing it a lot. Keep in mind, some people simply are not able to
    k-hole. I think it helps to take a bit of a powder hit as well since
    that gets to the brain faster.

8. Sanchez

Sanchez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I experienced my first k hole a few weeks ago and it was the single most frightening experience of my life. I can't explain the k-hole, much like you can't explain the experience you get on ket but I never want to go to that place again. It was DARK. Some people I know, enjoy being in a k-hole, i think it's all about how you take it I guess. I still do ket, bullets only mind now though. Think it's good to have been in a hole, made me realise that I was maybe pushing the envelope a little too much.

My trick for putting myself in a k-hole.......A line of CAKE and then a 0.3g line of ket about 30 minutes later. That shoulddo it

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I remember seeing a documentary on CAKE a while ago - isn't it a made up drug? [​IMG] !

10. Sanchez

Sanchez Newbie

Reputation Points:

lol, yeah I remeber a mate telling me he saw it on brass eye or something. Sadly I've been unable to get any of that :( and just stuck to the traditional stuff :)

11. psyki

psyki Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never injected K, only insufflated. My first several dozen
    encounters with K were always just small bumps throughout the course of
    a night, sometimes combined with a variety of other drugs. Fun
    stuff, I enjoyed feeling pulled back inside my head as if I was a
    puppetteer pulling my own strings.

The first time I k-holed my friend laid out a line that was pencil
    thick, about 3 inches long. I was nervous as hell but he and I
    had talked each other up so much there was no way backing down.
    So I did it all in one go (almost gagging on all the powder) and
    decided to smoke a cigarette before it hit me.

Hah.

I lasted about 2 minutes before I had to come in and collapse on a
    giant beanbag chair because I couldn't walk, see straight, hear, talk,
    or pretty much do anything except lay prone. Having done lots of
    nitrous and small amounts of k in the past I was familiar with the
    "wah-wah" echoing sounds, but this time everything was so freaking
    fuzzy I swear everything sounded like static, but only when there was
    actually sound. Silence was silent, but any speech or noise just
    sounded like buzzing. After about 10 minutes of staring straight
    up I suddenly panicked that I would be late to work (my sense of time
    was wasted, I thought like 12 hours had passed) so I jolted upright and
    tried to stand up, failing miserably and falling back in to the
    beanbag. At this point I noticed my friend sitting nearby clearly
    in a similar state to mine. I remember pointing my finger in his
    general direction and trying to tell him how insane he was but every
    time I heard my own voice it sounded like a robot so I kept slowing
    down and trying to clearly enunciate every sound. Ironically it
    was the very act of trying to hard that made me slur my speech, other
    people said I sounded more or less coherent but I kept slowing down.

Anyway, to make a long story short (who can really quantify psychedelic
    drug experiences anyway) I had had a grand time shouting gibberish back
    and forth between my friend and I, trying to stand up and clutching the
    wall, falling down laughing etc, for about 45 minutes. After that
    I was sober enough to drive and basically function normally but still
    feeling some minor effects.

Subsequent k-holes in more private settings (just me and my gf) were
    quite extraordinary, coming close to if not equalling the intensity of
    acid and shroom experiences we'd had together but with much less
    investment in time and energy. After my first k-hole I realized
    that doing small amounts of k was like doing 1/4 hit of acid; only a
    small taste of what it can really do. I would highly recommend
    that any serious tripper at least read up on it and possibly try a
    small amount.

PS reading this thread again I wonder if it's not possible to have the
    same kind of k-hole via injection... Anyone want to share k-hole
    experienced induced through injection?

12. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    Variation in Effects between Batches of Ketamine Because street Ketamine usually originates from legitimate pharmaceutical supplies that have been illegally diverted to the black-market, the question of purity and actual chemical content is not generally as much of a concern as it is with other street drugs such as Ecstasy. However non-medical users of ketamine often comment that they notice varying effects from different batches of street ketamine. Although set and setting can have a dramatic influence on one's subjective experience with any psychoactive, there may be other reasons why some ketamine users feel one bag of ketamine may differ from the next. According to an article written by Karl Jansen in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, Ketalar ® [produced by Parke-Davis] contains benzethonium chloride as a preservative, which may have its own psychoactive effect. In addition, some brands differ in which stereoisomers of ketamine they contain. Most brands contain equal mixtures of the S(+) and R(-) isomers (racemic ketamine), but at least one brand has been found to contain only the S(+) isomer. According to Jansen, S(+) ketamine is more likely to suppress breathing, induces a faster loss of consciousness, and has a quicker recovery time (Jansen, 2000). Jansen also states that S(+) ketamine is a more potent psychedelic drug than R(+) ketamine, but he does not elaborate as to how.