kanna is dieing

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by plantshaman, Apr 1, 2006.

1. plantshaman

plantshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    been growing kanna in a pot for a few years now . it was doing good till this last year or so . It was in a small pot recieving 6 hours of direct light a day . Then last year new growth stopped and the lush green is now mostly brown and dieing . I tried some osmocote that didn't help . i tried more water and less water neither of those helped . I know the sun exposure is about right . I tried a new pot thats alot larger and that didn't help either . it used to bloom all the time and grow very well. Now it doesn't .... i think its on its last leg and if i don't do something soon it will die . Whats the problem ?!

2. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    From my basic understanding of plants, you should cut off all of the brown stuff. It draws energy from the plant.

Another common thing could be root rot. In that case you'll have to unroot the plant and cut of all of the orange colored roots that are rotting and replant in fresh soil. If you're really dedicated you might want to throw the soil in the oven for an hour or so at 200 F to sterilize it before re-planting.

If I were you I would spray the entire plant with a light fungacide like Capatan also.

Good luck.

1. 4/5,
      spot on advice
      Jun 10, 2011