Experiences - Kava-kava Experiences

Discussion in 'Kava-Kava' started by brooklyn718, Mar 25, 2005.

1. brooklyn718

brooklyn718 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear fellow members, I recently was given a note from an egret flying by who asked me to post it here. It is transcripted below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found the most blissfull item that I now call my passion.

This is a beutiful thing.

The effect was noticed after the second teaspoon, I was laughing and chatting like one of the "perfect stones" that we remember. My body was numb and head was so clear I was almost sober. The anti-anxiety effect of this low dose rivaled that of xanax, and blew alcohol out of the water. I couldnt make myself anxious if I tried, there were slight visual effects as usual with kava like the sharpening with the heavy head. Intoxication was minimal like usual with difficulty operating my legs. This was accomplished with items at the vitamin store and cost me under $xx for who knows how many doses.

Recipie:

I used good kava extract capsules with 75 mg kavalactone each pill. The pill was almost white (dont use the brown pills, there only grinded root, very little kavalactones as I understand.

I used Lecithin granuals also, this is needed or else it will not work.

I emptied 15 capsules into a bowl and added 2 heaping tablespoons of lecithin to the bowl. I mixed this around with a spoon until the mix was fairly even. Although the kava and lecithin had different textures I mixed until each teaspoon I took from it had equal amounts of each. I put this mixture into an empty vitamin bottle.

I then got a glass of milk, I then took a rounded teaspoon of the mixture and washed it down with the milk. By the second teaspoon I noticed my head was numb and my worries were completely gone. I had felt the opening feelings of alcohol intoxication without any intoxication. I was extremly happy and confident. The effects come on fast, within minutes. I proceded to take more teaspoons and came to a state of relaxion with not tiredness. Upon going outside I noticed the world looked amazing.

I want more to try this and post here of there experiances. I have a bottle of this mixture at work, and I take it at the end of the day on saturday, so by the time I get to my train I can feel euphoric, and by the time my train runs on the elevated line, The sun is setting at its most perfect and beutiful point and I feel amazing, its perfect to start my weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  2. brooklyn718

brooklyn718 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear fellow members, I recently was given a note from an egret flying by who asked me to post it here. It is transcripted below.

I have found the most blissfull item that I now call my passion.

This is a beutiful thing.

The effect was noticed after the second teaspoon, I was laughing and chatting like one of the "perfect stones" that we remember. My body was numb and head was so clear I was almost sober. The anti-anxiety effect of this low dose rivaled that of xanax, and blew alcohol out of the water. I couldnt make myself anxious if I tried, there were slight visual effects as usual with kava like the sharpening with the heavy head. Intoxication was minimal like usual with difficulty operating my legs. This was accomplished with items at the vitamin store and cost me under $xx for who knows how many doses.

Recipie:

I used good kava extract capsules with 75 mg kavalactone each pill. The pill was almost white (dont use the brown pills, there only grinded root, very little kavalactones as I understand.

I used Lecithin granuals also, this is needed or else it will not work.

I emptied 15 capsules into a bowl and added 2 heaping tablespoons of lecithin to the bowl. I mixed this around with a spoon until the mix was fairly even. Although the kava and lecithin had different textures I mixed until each teaspoon I took from it had equal amounts of each. I put this mixture into an empty vitamin bottle.

I then got a glass of milk, I then took a rounded teaspoon of the mixture and washed it down with the milk. By the second teaspoon I noticed my head was numb and my worries were completely gone. I had felt the opening feelings of alcohol intoxication without any intoxication. I was extremly happy and confident. The effects come on fast, within minutes. I proceded to take more teaspoons and came to a state of relaxion with not tiredness. Upon going outside I noticed the world looked amazing.

I want more to try this and post here of there experiances. I have a bottle of this mixture at work, and I take it at the end of the day on saturday, so by the time I get to my train I can feel euphoric, and by the time my train runs on the elevated line, The sun is setting at its most perfect and beutiful point and I feel amazing, its perfect to start my weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim loves KAVA KAVA. He gets some liquid extract every now and then. Anyway, why is the lecithin necessary?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  4. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Supposedly with kava you need some sort of oil to get the active ingredients to work. I got a pound of kava a while ago and tried it with olive oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil. Vegetable oil made it a good bit more effective. Swim never used the lecithin although it was in the recipe used. It would have probably been even better if he had. For swim kava tasted worse and worse every time he drank it until it was unbearable and swim threw it in the trash. He stored it in the freezer so it wouldn't spoil. I did like the kava feelings however, but it was just to nasty in the end.

So I wonder if one reason pills generally have no effect is because there is no oil to grab onto the active chemicals that get you high???? I also always wondered if there was any other ethnobotanicals that need oil or lecithin to extract the goodies?

5. HighwayMan

HighwayMan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for this bit of Info. Now I will definately try some Kava again.
    He took like 20 kava extract pills before with little effect but did not
    use any kind of transport like the oil or lecithin. Hope it works with
    the combination.[​IMG]

6. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    kava has to be emulsified in order to be active. mineral oil did the trick, andwasnt as heavy or fat laden as olive or vegetable (I imagine he meant canola or corn) oils. one might also consider putting some kavalactone in melted chocolate [​IMG], just an Idea.

7. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    There is already someone in Hawaii (Island of Kauai) selling a tub of
    chocolate and kava root. It is very effective, and don't taste
    bad either. Swim bought some and tried it, one or two spoons is all you
    need.

It seems like it would be a simple thing to do, one day I am going to try and make his own tub of chocolate kava!

8. blue_eyes

blue_eyes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Surreal Kava-Kava experience

Hi to everyone out there :D

The other day I enjoyed an evening on kava kava, and then something pretty cool happened.... after the actual kava high and then 7 hours sleep....

...the next day, I had music playing through a headset and she had the sensation that the music was playing from the back of her head, like inside it. I was completely straight, so she thinks that the kava she drank down altered her perception the next day.

It was so cool for SWIM. At first she didn't quite comprehend the sensation, then she started thinking "man, that surely can't be playing inside my head" (like a speaker inside my brain) So, to convince herself that it wasn't real, she rubbed the back of her head in an attempt to dispel the music-in-head sensation. It didn't go away, I felt really wierd, not in parallel with reality. So, she just ripped the earpeices out and didn't listen to the music again that day.

Now, 2 days later, I was thinking how trippy that experience was, and wanted to share it with you guys out there.

If You has had a surreal kava kava experience, tell us here :crazy

9. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got some kava kava pills, the only he could find in a GNC. These are the following:

Fresh Freeze-Dried
    Kava Kava
    Piper methysticum Root
    A Dietary Supplement
    325mg per capsule
    Each capsule contains Kava Kava root wildcrafted and 100% fresh freeze dried.

Are these any good? They are brown as the ones you said NOT to get... Its all I could find. The bottle of pills dosen't say anything about kavalactone though... How should I dose these? He took 15 capsules and took the inside out mixed it with Lethicin, coconut milk, normal milk, and a bit of diet icecream to give it flavor. He got his tounge mildly numb for about 5 min and that was about it. Any recomendations?

10. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    You would need the content of about 60 - 92 capsules to get somewhere.

11. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Isn't that amount kinda dangerous?

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo uses a heaping tablespoon or 2 for his Kava-Kava beverages. I think Alfa was pointing in the direction that it would be more economical to purchase Kava as a bulk powder. The capsules are ineffective and too expensive.

13. chilliker

chilliker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OK! I took 64 pills... Nice effect not much though... Took two shots of scotch and a joint... That was fun!

14. KratomIs

KratomIs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    New To Kava Kava

I tried Kava powder for the first time. Very effective, numb tounge, throat, very relaxing unusual experience. Now he has kava but not in powder form. He uses a cheese cloth.

MY RECOMMENDATION: FORGET THE PILLS GET REAL KAVA KAVA!

Preperation:

Put kava on top of cheese cloth, slowly pour water over it, then let it go into your cup.

The other day, I felt REALLY HIGH by mixing, Kava Kava, Thai Kratom leaf and couple beers . Wow, it was a fantastic feeling. Has anyone tried mixing Kava with Kratom and or beer, or wine?:crazy The only thing is it was hard to know if swim drank any more, or added more kava or kratom, if this would get even better. I didn't cause he was where he wanted to be. And it lasted at least 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  15. numpykuz

numpykuz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, could someone please explain to me what "Lecithin granules" are?

I have a whole lot of 250 mg, 30% kava-lactone capsules and he wants to try it with lecithin. Can it be bought pure or as part of something else??

Thanks.

16. numpykuz

numpykuz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took 30 of these capsules mentioned above ^ about an hour ago, and he might feel a bit different but it may just be in his head. He was previously feeling a bit anxious and stressed (not too much), and now the anxiety and stress seems to have gone away. Other then this there doesnt seem to be any euphoric effects what so ever. I would like to try and make a mix with lecithin as I mentioned above ^ so he can have an awsome experience like brooklyn718 described in the first post. I need to know about lecithin though (see above).

17. sunwolf25

sunwolf25 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wikipedia cut and paste:

Lecithin is mostly a mixture of glycolipids, triglycerides, and phospholipids (e.g. phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylethanolamine, and phosphatidylinositol). However, in biochemistry, lecithin is usually used as a synonym for pure phosphatidylcholine, a phospholipid which is the major component of a phosphatide fraction which may be isolated from either egg yolk (in Greek lekithos - λεκιθος) or soy beans from which it is mechanically or chemically extracted using hexane.
    Lecithin is commercially available in high purity as a food supplement and for medical uses

Yolk
    Egg yolks are used to make mayonnaise and other dishes high in fat. Egg yolks are important as binding agents in many preparations in European cooking due to the emulsifying action of lecithin. This property is crucial for sauces such as mayonnaise and Hollandaise; custards such as crème anglaise, crème brûlée, flan, and lemon custard; and meat dishes such as sausages and pâté.
    ---------------------------

So the extracted grainuals of Lecithin had to come from Egg or Soybean Oil most likely. I'm assuming some quantity of Egg or Egg yolk could be substituted.
    Probably could make a resonable drink using Egg Nogg.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  18. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First Kava Experience

SWIM received a Kava Kava sample from a vender a few months ago, and decided to experiment with it earlier tonight. I didn’t have a blender, but I had read that shaking one’s drink before straining is an effective (but perhaps not perfect) alternative. SWIM mixed his/her Kava powder with Cranberry Apple juice, and shook the mixture vigorously on and off for ten minutes. SWIM then strained the liquid into a cup through paper towels.

T: 11:28 pm | 0:00 min. – Began drinking Cranapple Kava, which tasted almost identical to Cranapple alone. SWIM wondered why there were so many Kava recipes on the Internet when his/her drink tasted fine.
    T: 11:41 pm | 0:13 min. elapsed – Off baseline, likely placebo. Mild stomach discomfort.
    T: 12:00 pm | 0:32 min. elapsed – Stomach discomfort subsided. Drink has been finished for five minutes. Drinking one beer. Comfortable and minimal sedation.
    T: 12:07 pm | 0:39 min. elapsed – Finished drinking one beer. Inebriation is certainly not entirely alcohol induced.
    T: 12:18 pm | 0:50 min. elapsed – Mild intoxication definitely present, but nothing impairing. SWIM can feel anxiolytic properties of brew.
    T: 12:35 pm | 1:07 min. elapsed – Sedation more prominent. Although I had avery calm day, which included a nap, I am feeling like s/he could be ready for bed in the near future; SWIM usually goes to bed 2 or 3 hours later than this time.
    T: 12:50 pm | 1:23 min. elapsed – Drowsy.
    T: 01:28 am | 2:00 min. elapsed – Nicotine use perpetuated tiredness. I will sleep soon. I believe Kava could be a beneficial herb for reducing anxiety, stress, and sleep onset.

19. DEViANCE

DEViANCE Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Kava Experiences

Lets explore this 'hypothetical' and fictional experience report i've come across that seems to be written in a first person perspective.

Start:
    It's been difficult to get hold of some good quality Kava here in the UK but I have finally found a good, legitimate source for this plant. My source states it's no more than 5 days old when they recieve it, it arrives in powdered root form and still has chunks of shreded root in the bag, sucking on one of these bits makes the affected area of the mouth tingly and numb. Interesting.

I've dabbled with this 3 or 4 times now and will write up my most recent experience with it.

Dosage/Mixture
    I use 1 table spoon full with one cup of water, mixed together in a blender for about 2 minutes. This makes a nice brew, and to get the bigs of leftover root out I strain it through a coffee strainer(the ones where you push down the rod and it filters the bits, I forget the name) but I dropped and broke it so now a net curtain suffices,

Ingestion
    I take and hold mouthful of this for about 30 secs before swallowing.The taste isn't too bad, certainly edible. I continue drinking/sipping in the manner over about 20 minutes. Untill half a cups gone.

Experience:

General effects
    Onset is not noticable, I find myself day dreaming lightly, feeling slightly clearer and perhaps fresher then come to the realisation that it's working. I have definite feeling of well being and contentment, My thought process is more defined and articulate. If I had to describe the feeling in one word it would 'Bliss'

Sound and Vision:
    Music sounds good, it sounds the same as in no audibly perceived enhancements but it's much more enjoyable mentally. Boards of canada - dayvan cowboy was an excellent choice as was some atmospheric trance.
    Colours are percieved as lusher and slightly vibrant.

Mind
    Thought provoked, not willing to do much. Just want to sit and relax.
    Although there is definite control of this, I can go downstairs hold good conversation with family and friends, act and feel normal return upstairs sit back and it will kick back in. Concentration seems affected, doing a task then just start daydreaming.
    Short term memory is almost non exsistant, Constantly trying to remember what I was just about to do.

Physiological
    As far as I can tell no physical withdraw symptoms or dependancy. physiologicaly speaking though I find I keep wanting to go back and "have just a little more".

Physical
    Tirednes, slight involuntary muscle twitches in extreamities (once or twice over the next couple of days, seems to always happen on Kava)
    Heavy headed, sometimes needing to just lye down and relax.

Side Effects
    Some stomach discomfort, nothing disabling. Minor headache at time of use and for a period after. Increased urination rate (Diuretic) which leads to slight dehydration after prolonged use.

I'll leave at that for now, might update at a later stage.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  20. PoolShark1184

PoolShark1184 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Kava Experiences

I have been using Kava for about a year or so, and it has really helped him to curtail his use of certain other illegal substances. It is a cool substance to use on weeknights or anytime you are just kind of hanging around. It is very similar to other substances in that it's effects very much depend on set and setting. I have been trying various ways to prepare the stuff and this is the best:

Get one of those kava strainer bags from an online vendor, most places that sell kava sell these.

I haven't noticed much difference between potency of any of the places he has bought it from or the different varieties they sell, so its really about trial and error, and of course price.

Anyways, Swim usually uses about 3 heaping tablespoons of kava per cup of water. Put the correct amount of kava into the strainer bag, and the correct amount of water into a medium sized bowl. Put the strainer bag with kava in it into the bowl and squeeze the bag repeatedly for about 10 minutes, and the water will start to turn brown. When you're done squeezing make sure you squeeze all the leftover water out. The longer you squeeze and the more kava you use will make the stuff stronger. You know it's good if it makes your mouth numb...
    Swim usually just drinks the stuff straight, you can add all types of stuff to try and make it taste better but he kind of likes just knocking back about half a cup at a time, at about 15 minute intervals. 2 cups will make you feel pretty groovy, a great sense of relaxation and oneness with the universe with a pretty clear head. Upset stomach may occur with higher doses, so again its about trial and error. I have noticed that at high doses he gets pretty happy and talkative, while at low to medium doses he just gets mood enhancement and relaxation.
    This stuff is great for those who have "tried it all" and are looking for something a little more chill to satisfy those cravings for a different state of mind.

I cant wait for kava bars to spread over the country like in the pacific and hawaii, theres one in florida and i think a few in san diego, check em out!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007