Oral use - Kava-Kava taste masking

Discussion in 'Kava-Kava' started by dextrolevo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dextrolevo

dextrolevo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's been over a year since I enjoyed Kava Kava. The last time I enjoyed it, I ended up drinking on it, stacking it with phenibut, weed, and alcohol. Bad idea. Ever since then the idea of the smell of Kava is enough to make me gag. As I posted in the other thread I was looking for legal alternatives to alcohol, and remembered my old friend. I used to buy potent, bulk, waka-grade herb direct from Hawaii. I was wondering if you guys could share your ways or tricks to mask the taste of Kava, also if you have a favorite kind of Kava.

Thanks in advance.

D-Levo

1. 2/5,
      Self incrimination, read the rules!
      Aug 16, 2006
  2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I used kava alot in the passed, and the only masking method I recall using was to add milk.

3. ratufiji

ratufiji Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from vietnam
    I only use pure, fresh (very important!), organically grown kava from Fiji! only waka, pure root, no shavings. The taste is an aquired one, but i love it now ( if drunk in moderation).
    It is a wonderful smooth and relaxing substance. It has a big social component in the original places of use, which sadly is mostly missing when enjoyed in other contexts and this dimishes the experience somewhat.
    One of my favourite substances.

4. u4ic

u4ic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Careful with kava it can cause liver damage if used excessively, i.e. for prolonged periods and/or in large dosages. It's not a safe regular night-time sleep aid like it was hyped up to be.

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This has not been fully established. Some kava extract pills have been thought to cause liver damage, but those pills contained parts of the plant that are not typically used such as the leaves, ect. None the less, people should be warned of the potential danger.

6. ratufiji

ratufiji Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from vietnam
    kava in its natural form is a complex mix of many alkaloids, not comparable with extractions, made often from inferior plant material, and containing only a limited or selective alkaloid mix.
    the liver damaging properties seem to be an issue in very isolated cases with certain kinds of extracts. in the end findings are inconclusive at best, as all 7 victims had hisyories of liver problems and various other aggravating factors.

The tide for kava seems to be to be turning again, after the removal of all kava productas from shelves and the liver related health warnings. since a short while the european health comission has invited kava products in europe again into the registration procedures for supplement/pharmaceutical licenses, in which they were not even considered for the last years. there might be kava products in european shelves in the not so distant future again.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, the "studies" done on liver damage from Kava~Kava were done using last-stage alcoholics with histories of cirrohsis. Once again - the US governemt was behind this sham. Same calibre testing as was done on MDMA where methamphetamine was used in place of MDMA.

Kava~Kava has been used safely on Fiji and Tonga for as long as recorded history - with no known ill effects. But the missionaries are against it's use and have introduced alcohol in it's place. I guess people don't sin enough on Kava, so they need to get drunk and violent to satisfy the church.

Tags: