Dose - "Kavalactone 70% Paste" Dose

Discussion in 'Kava-Kava' started by rogers, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rogers

rogers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My supplier says a serving the size of a pea is all you need. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this paste. If I order a half ounce, I want to know what kind of mileage I can get out of it.

1. 3/5,
      Good question, live and learn! (still like the 70% every now and then just for a boost!)
      Aug 25, 2006
  2. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A pea size serving is enough for a a mild relaxed state. The kavalactone paste is kinda hard to work with as it doesnt dissolve easily except in hot liquids(milk works very well). It also taste terrible! Personally, swim switched to a Kava Root Extract 85% that comes in a "dry" form. Its much easier to consume without a need for teas or messy drinks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  3. 42itis

42itis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had some from a hawaiian source that was very tasty and refreshing (paste) mixed with honey and something else, he would use a small teaspoon to make a cup of tea and really relax. It was good and its legal.

4. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    One pea size gives good relaxed effects? So a full gelcap of it would give strong effects? Anyone try filling gelcaps with the paste?Edited by: RoboCop

5. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim really likes the effects of kava, but doesn't like the taste of traditional drink. He has some 5x capules, but you have to take about 16 to get a nice feeling. I am gonna look into the paste and extracts. especially if it works in such small amounts.

6. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In my opinion, it would be really hard to cap the paste. As I said, its very hard to work with. For capping, use the 85% extract. I use kava as an enhancer for phenibut and found the experience to be very similar to G. 2 -3 grams phenibut, let it take effect and booster with pea size 85% extract.

7. GoaM

GoaM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    mmmm. I got the 70% paste from xxxxxxxxx. LOL. It's ok. He found the Vanatua powder more sedating, but likes the paste. Swim just dips a knife in the little brown/amber jar and lick off the yellowish paste. Works nice. Nothing spectatular, but I has ordered more. :p

8. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I read about phenibut it is very interesting. I think I might have to get me some phenibut.

Hey Z, when you say kava extract is it like a hard chunk or what?

Swim just took 25 kava capsules, they are supposed to 5x, but I think it is a fucking crock of shit. I remember when I bought a pound of kava I think one dose was two cups or some shit. The only kava that was an experience that I would do again was the bulk even though he ended up throwing away about the last quarter of it due to him being sick and fucking tired of the nasty ass shit. trip report- well I am not trippin' but is feeling it. He added a tea of 9 grams MJ split by two people to the mix. Last time I took these kavacaps he took 15 caps and nothing worked worth mentioning. This time he is kalactoned for sure, wooo. swim's eyes sort of tingle when he closes them.

9. zipoo

zipoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The pase is like a thick jam. Not sure what a pea size is but i took a bit (gotten from the place mentioned above) and it didn't taste bad; as to it's effect nothing much. might try highr dose.

10. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the 85% extract that is available from some US vendors looks like a chunk of hash. Believe me, this stuff is strong and very useful with phenibut. I have tried phenibut with l theanine and it really enhance the euphoria but its kind of a sit down type of think. The kava/ phenibut combo is great for going out and is really disinhibiting and great for sex. I posted some info on another post about phenibut and some warnings. Take them from someone who has suffered both the positive[​IMG]and the negative[​IMG]effects.

11. Mainio

Mainio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think this has been said alot about kava. I find what most
    experienced users say about kava is that the organic ground root powder
    is the way to go. That being said I've never tried the super high
    lactone products before.

12. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    I have tried both the 70% and the pure waka grade root powder....while the paste is ok, I has found that a pea size serving is way too little. He usually takes 4-5 pea size servings and this is still not as good as 2 teaspoons of Vannatu Powder....man is that stuff good.

13. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim just ordered the 70% paste (along with 10x salvia, kratom, betal nut) from the said site, I will get back when it arrives and gives it a try... just a pea, sounds effiecent and economical to swim but is it potent?

14. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    Re: "Kavalactone 70% Paste" question

SWIM can't stand the concentrated taste of this preparation of Kava, but sometimes when I have a hard time sleeping, goes through the iffy procedure of trying to get the paste into two '00' caps. It was almost more than two years ago since it was acquired, and from what SWIM gathers, the kavalactones lose potency significantly. Perhaps a pea-sized serving was enough if fresh, but two caps give SWIM a noticeable kava high, but it takes about 3 hours to 'peak'. The reason I have let the material sit for so long is that I get the "kava-runs" often... eck.

The root powder extract sounds easier to work with.