Drug info - Ketahob (Ketorolac)... any Russians here?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Aopocetx, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a package of a few pills labeled Ketahob. I am assuming this is from Russia. The little information I found says it's a painkiller. I'm hoping it's an opiate. Does anyone know what these are?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not narcotic. Seems to act as more of an anesthetic. Seems to enjoy some use among bodybuilders. Here is a chunk of info I managed to partially translate:

KETAHOB (кеторолак) - not narcotic, not steroid preparation with strongly expressed anesthetizing effect. It is applied in the form of salt трометамина to short knocking over of the moderate and strong pains. In the chemical attitude is to derivatives пирроло-пирола. The chemical name: ()-5-бензоил, 2, З-дигидро-IH-пирролизин-1 карбоксильная an acid connected with 2-амино-2-гидроксиметил-1, º-prosir-диолом (1:1).

STRUCTURE: KETAHOB Each tablet covered by an environment contains in tablets: кеторолака трометамина in injections Each ampoule on 1 ml contains 10 mg KETAHOB: кеторолака трометамина 30 mg of chloride of sodium of alcohol of 10 % of 4.35 mg in/about sterile waters for injections q.s. 1 ml

PHARMACOLOGY Кеторолака трометамин (-) a new alpha-replaced арилуксусная an acid, is the strong representative of a new class анальгетиков. Кеторолак possesses anesthetizing and противоспалительным action, however its system anesthetizing influence considerably exceeds противоспалитель

3. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Alright, thanks.

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Good catch, Mick. Feed this one to the toilet. Bleeding ulcers are no fun.

6. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    its Toradol, an NSAI with a really nasty side effects profile.

it is a is competitive, nonselective COX blocker and inhibits prostaglandin production.

not too keen on nephritis or gi bleeding, hm.