Health - Ketamine addiction

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Niteflights, May 19, 2006.

1. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have a friend who has procured a virtually unlimited ammount of pure ketamine powder!! (2KG) Friend has developed a pattern of daily use and finds it difficult if not impossible to abstain from use for more than a few days.

I have a question for any experienced Ketamine users. Has anyone found they can have a large ammount available, plenty of free time, and still manage to moderate their use. Even DM Turner admits to falling victim to addiction to this substance. I would consider moderate use no more than once or twice a month maximum.

Also, any input on longterm effects of continued use would be appreciated. Any old timers on this one?

Thanks for input,
    Nite Flight

2. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    SWIM's got mountains of experience with K and he would almost certainly not be able to moderate his use if he had an unlimited supply.

I do say that when he really, really binges on K, like 3 - 4 bottles/day for a week or so, it doesn't take long to get to a state that's no longer a k-hole, more like a k-haze. like beck says, 'I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.'

Your friend may realize quickly and sooner or later anyway that lots of time off adds greatly to ones K experiences.

- Beltane

3. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    to be honest if I had that mutch k he would be wasted 24/7 its very habit forming and hard to leve alone if you have it lyeing around I was onces addicted and found only by moving away could he get on with his life as for effects you start to ? what is reality and what is the k it warps you perseption of every thing around you. geting a sort of god complex also beliveing you can have effect on things arount you. its not a good thing for long term heavy useag. also You will slowly need more and more as his habbit contines i would sugest they flush it down the loo. or if they have payed much $ and cant do that find something else to do with it. k can be good with friends but when addicted you will do it by your self at any time I used to have some whilest out shopping and that sort of thng at home alone ect...... not good.

4. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Actually, when I buy some from his connection these days it gets mailed. He'll buy 4 to 8 bottles and then asked that they be shipped, on request, in 2 bottle allotments. He pays a little more in shipping, but it's the only thing he's found that works at all to moderate use.

Unlimited access to K would be SWIM's downfall.

- Beltane

5. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim personally had a very large supply of Ketamine for a time. Not unlimited, but enough for 1000mg a week. She would do about 100mg five times a day, mostly just to stay "normal." Eventually she began to feel as if she couldn't process without it, and when without it in her system she would feel generally ill: headaches, nausea, loss of appetite, sluggishness, etc. She'd take it and feel much better.

After a particularly bad experience (300-400mg in one dose) she decided to quit and weaned herself off, which was hard and unpleasant. She cut herself off at last and felt ill for quite a few days with major cravings.

At this point she keeps herself from doing it more than every few weeks to keep herself from getting a physical addiction.

6. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    habit

it is surely habit-forming,
    but althought i can buy up to 10 bottles every month, I don't want to be like a junkie and I can say I easily limit myself to once every week for about 4 months (for several weeks after, I feel a problem in my memory) and it is about 3 month from my last experience.
    so it is not a dangerous drug for me, in my worst days I used ketamine (IM) everyday for 4 days.
    and surely it is more habit-forming in powder form (insufflated).:snort:

anyway, be very careful!

1. 2/5,
      self incrimination
      Jun 18, 2006
  7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Before proceeding further arman. Please READ THE RULES. They can be found here...

https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/The_Rules

Do NOT incriminate yourself. Dont use SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) or something similar when talking about extra curricular activities.

Thankyou

8. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    dont worry about me

well,
    ketamine is not illegal in my country :cool:

best wishes

9. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    sorry for two posts

I have to say that I will use SWIM in future posts anyway,

peace and love

10. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thankyou, this is an international community after all.

11. DonPeyote

DonPeyote Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM traveled to mexico weekly because of his LOVE of this molecule.
    Frequenting various places, he was able to find: Ketaset, Ketalar, Ketamina, and TJ Especiale.
    Some brands were good.
    Some brands were like heroin with a kick.
    One brand made me want to rip my eyes out of their sockets like being possesed by a devil!

This I was stopped at the border, his car searched. All that the agents found were a handfulbof Insulin needles, and a 50ml bottle Vitamin B 12 (Vitamin K).
    Thank You God of the Border!
    How were U 2 know?
    I made it home with da kine, thanks 2 you!

TJ K Rocks!

DP

12. aphid360

aphid360 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ...isnt IM injection a more direct route of administration than insufflation?

13. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    it is more direct route, but the fact than someone can easily insufflate several times a day and stay high all day long makes insufflation more habit-forming.

also IM is shorter and someone needs 10+ shots to keep himself high for 10 hours but I think someone can stay high for 10 hours by just 5 easy insufflations.

I heard many people get addicted by insufflation but less people using IM get addicted (there is still ppl who get addicted using IM injections, e.g John Lilly).

be very carefull!!!!

14. Down-the-k-hole

Down-the-k-hole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I have been taking K every weekend without fail since start of summer hols and sometimes through the week.

SWIM usually takes around 1000mg - 2000mg over 12 hours via insufflation, without the intention to K-hole at the weekend. Through the week I will take 200-350mg insufflation per dose with the intention of K-holing.

I haven't found any problems with memory and the come-down has certainly got more dealable, especially with weed, however he feels that a habbit may be forming at the wkends. I don't care though because SWIM loves k.

15. computergod

computergod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend IV'd himself into a k-hole every day for a year or so and has been fine afterwards AFIK. I think he started doing it again, but to a lesser extent.

16. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    and thats when I said "insufflating K can be habit-forming", althought SWIM never experienced with insufflation more than 1 time per day, but he knows that long time and staying high all day can lead to addiction easily.

and by using that large amount of K, if it doesn't lead to any problem in you's brain, it will cause bad problems in his nose and lungs. thats 1-2 grams of K going up his nose.:hoover::hoover:

17. Down-the-k-hole

Down-the-k-hole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I would have to say that now a closer estimate would be 3-6 days a week and 500-1500mg per day however he doesn't feel needy of the drug, just enjoys it when it comes along.

On another note I have noticed chunks of memories gone and that he can be concentrating on a chain of thoughts that just disappear completely and he can't remember even slightly what he was thinking. Rather surprisingly my nose is still in good 'nick compared with lots of his friends.

18. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I haven't had a whole lot of experience with K, but she agrees that insufflation seems more habit-forming at this point. She's only used IM once, last Friday actually, and even though she has an ample about of ketamine around she hasn't felt the need to repeat the experiment just yet. She feels as if the IM administration was more draining than insufflation. Also, the muscle soreness reminds her that it hasn't been very long since the last IM and she feels that she could use that as an indicator to keep usage in check. That is, if the muscle is still the least bit sore then she can go without until the muscle is completely healed.

However, insufflation is much different because of the brevity of effects and the lesser intensity. It's just too easy because I usually leaves the powder on a stone tile on the kitchen table covered up with some papers so it's very convenient to casually walk over and snort up a bit and not think much of it and continue on with the day. Whereas there is less of an ability to function with using injection and also there needs to be a bit more preparation. She senses that this is a very addictive compound. In fact, whenever she has a supply of it she hardly ever goes a night without insufflating just a bit...even if it's just 50mg before bedtime (she finds a certain lethargy sets in after the initial effects and helps her fall asleep). She's happy that her supplier also mails the material so it keeps usage in check. She purposefully allows herself to completely run out before placing another order in which case she will not have any more for about two weeks or so. This is good because I had a tendency towards addiction.

19. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I can say that I had a bit of a k habbit. Swim usually does about 6 vials a week. he hates going even 1 day without it. but swims ketamine source is not carrying it at the time :( but I got another source for it today :)

20. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    I would say that ketamine is definately an addictive compound although there has been very little scientific evidence proving this fact. I have seen many of his friends become k-heads relatively overnight, and even SWIM himself has urges for ketamine every so often, as if it were a cigarette or something. An unlimited supply would be dangerous, I know someone who had 1kg of Ketamine to sell/take and they were fuck-ed every day, morning, noon and night. Ketamine, for SWIM, is best for comedowns off other drugs, or perhaps an small use in the evening now and then, definitely not something you should be taking all day every day.