Combinations - Ketamine after taking Benzo's?

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Sklander, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Do Benzo's shake up the trip enough not to do it? I took 2MG alprazolam about an hour ago and have slight effects currently.

I want to do 125MG Ketamine in about three hours.

Will the Alprazolam inhibit SWIM's response to the Ketamine?

2. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Re: K after taking Benzo's?

I am getting a very nice buzz from the Ketamine. He is taking small lines over a period of time... He just did two about five minutes ago and is feeling the "pressure" feeling... I am gonna go do some more...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  3. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

SWIM killed the 125MG of Ketamine that he had. He definitely entered a different state. I was laying in bed and had some old school Jimi Hendrix playing in his ear phones and no matter what I did he could only see black. It was like there was Jimi Hendrix coming from every direction, I was the notes, and I was the music.

Whoa... this drug is powerful...

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

I was wondering the same. Ketamine gives my body and stomach an uncomfortable feeling which he feels might be diminished with ~1-2mg of alprazolam or 5-10mg of diazepam (half - full pill of either). I am a fan of ketamine but after his first few experiences he has not wanted to try it again.

I agree that all drugs should be taken alone to experience the true effects but ketamine truly kills my stomach sometimes and the comedown is pretty harsh. Would a nice dose of benzo help with that?

Does Myklander get the nauseous side effects of ketamine? What was it like combining those two drugs. 10mg diazepam is very subtle for swim and never causes any kind of memory loss. I think diazepam would be the better candidate but alprazolam might help out too. Was this combo better than k alone?

5. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

The subtle effects of the alprazolam taken about 1.5 hours before the ingestion of the ketamine was felt, but it did not hinder the experience.

SWIraven3davis - SWIM usually does not get any nausea or uncomfortable feeling in his stomach when using the drug, however, I have not used the drug IM yet, which I think You may be referring to. SWIM's next adventure with ketamine will most likely involve a small shot into his thigh of 120MG ketamine.

6. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

This is a interesting report. Traditionally it is understood that any benzo will counteract or even nullify the interesting psychedelic effect of an NDMA antagonist. As a matter of fact many anaesthesiologists routinely administer alprazolam with ketamine specifically to prevent the emergence (psychedelic) phenomenon. This would be most undesirable to a conventional psychonaut.

Bill White suggested benzos to abort DXM trips. Also Olney reports that predosing with a small dose benzo completely prevents his alleged NDMA antagonist neurotoxicity.

I suspect that the benzo really did truncate the ketamine response but unless you are extremely experienced with ketamine this may be difficult to judge. I wonder if anyone else has tried this combo. The legendary Murple has one report on Erowid where he states "The benzodiazepine does seem to inhibit the psychedelic aspect of the ketamine."

Cheers,
    Andrei

7. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

Perhaps I didn't take a high enough dose of benzo's before taking the ketamine. SWIM surely has heard that benzo's can terribly ruin a K experience.

SWIM just said "fuck it" and wanted to do some K that night and wanted to report what he found while benzo's would thoughfully be in his system and affecting his reality.

I am going to try K again, but he wants to do an IM ingestion. Insulfation is too difficult to judge exactly how much you take it. SWIM guesses that people who want to K-hole off insulfation break out 150MG and slam it all in one sitting. Is SWIM wrong?

8. Niteflights

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

IM 75mg for the first time should be plenty. This should give you two vacations perhaps even rebirths.

9. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

I am so dumb. He just can't seem to reach the K-hole. It is explained to him as a train ride at a million miles an hour. I got buzzing in the ears, hallucinations, but he was still intact with his ego. SWIM HAS to try this drug IM. He just has to.

10. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

The so-called K-hole is different for everybody. A feeling of motion is said to be involved but 'a million miles and hour'? Most people need to sniff as much as 150 mg to 175 mg to get into a dissociated state, in they you forget who they are, but doing it without benzos would be better.

11. Niteflights

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Many people report that they can not reach the K hole state without IM injection. Many users who think they are K-holing then try IM discover a new dimension to the drug as well as the universe. Be careful, this substance is as addictive as heroin when you start to IM it with any frequency.

Cheers,
    Andrei

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

My lab rats don't agree. A so-called 'K-hole' (or state of dissociation) can be reached by either route-- only the quantity involved to get there is different is different.

DM Turner apparently called ketamine "psychedelic heroin" but there is no physical addiction as there is with opiates, not that it should not be treated with caution. Possibly the worst aspect of ketamine is that people can easily fall and damage themselves.

13. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I can speak from Swim's personal experience that clonazepam (Klonopin) actualy increased CEV's whilst on a DXM trip, while relieving some of the more unpleasant stimulant side effects. Perhaps the same could work with Special K?

ECL