Spiritual - Ketamine and Feeling Loved

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by zera, Sep 29, 2006.

1. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    I was thinking the other day and trying to remember the first time he heard about Ketamine. He remembered that he was 11 years old and some youth pastor was talking about this "new drug called Special K, that makes you feel loved for five minutes." Then he went off on a spiel how worshipping God will make you feel loved for your whole life. Now I didn't trust him at the time, because even though back then he didn't trust authority, especially religious authority.

Since that point, Swim's become something of a budding psychonaut (still hasn't tried Ketamine, and it's definitely the drug that he's most interested in sampling), and has read a lot about K. So thinking about this Swim's tried to figure out wtf was this guy talking about. Maybe his statement could apply to shrooms, acid, MDMA, or even coke, but everything Swim's read about Ketamine makes him think that this guy was just bonkers wrong. It seems to me like being in the K-Hole would be somewhere near the opposite feeling of being loved. Is there anything true about what he was saying, how K makes you feel loved, or was he just making wild ass guesses about drugs he's barely heard about.

2. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    ketamine has a wide range of effects on people who tried it.

Ketamine can induce NDE. (Near-Death Experience)

while you have a NDE there is many people who report they feel a strong love and light among the other feelings.
    so it is possible to feel love by using ketamine. but usually this is not the case. few people experience love, and small number of them is able to remember it after the experience.

maybe he was one of those lucky people, but even those who feel love is not going to feel it everytime they use ketamine. every experience is different.

BTW, SWIM never experienced (or unable to remember) this feeling of love.

3. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    When I do ketamine he's usually to detached from the world to think about other people, it's just something he hasn't any attention for, neither in a positive or negative way.
    SWIM heard the same from other people as well, it isn't a very social drug, maybe in small doses but even than many people don't seem to think about other people.
    I would like to hear the opinion of other people who use/used ketamine on this.

4. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I have experienced feeling loved several times on Ketamine, though it's far from regularly more like 1/15 of the trips. But they are one of the main reasons SWIM keeps returning to the K-hole realm. ISWIME those special occassions have some things in common; first of all they occur after a long period of abstinence aka with zero tolerance and usually on, for my brain chemistry, relatively high doses ~150mg IM. Also beginning the journey with some relaxation meditation and/or smoking half a jay before injecting to help the dissociation along increases the odds. Music plays a huge role in my K-hole trips, and one album in particular (Pete Namlook & Higher Intelligence Agency - S.H.A.D.O 2) seems especially suited for laying the foundations for this kind of experience. Its perfect for freefloating in the K tunnels, and at some point on the album I get a similar experience nearly every time, he feels like the medium he is floating through gets denser and denser, and he travels slower and slower untill everything comes to a complete halt and he finds himself in pitch black darkness - at this moment my ego gives up and concludes its dead - then the Light and Love flushes in though my chakras and for a short duration of time he is his eternal Self. It's a very euphoric experience similar to ones I have had on LSD and 2C-B.

5. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I think SWIzera means general feeling of love rather than feeling love for somebody.

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I don't mean loving somebody, he just doesn't care much about other things like people when he's on ketamine, he means people in general, not particular people.

7. thadj

thadj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you want to know more about ketamine, buy "Ketamine: dreams and realities" by Karl Jansen.