Health - ketamine and low blood suger

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by adzket, Apr 17, 2005.

1. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    i just thought i should infor m people that ketamine can lower blood suger levels. i was out at a club on sunday morning 10 am i ahd been doing k since the club opened at 5 i had colapesed and been caried to the medic by security after testing my blood pressure and asking my friends what i had done they tested my blood suger levels which where dangurious low after giving me lots of sugary drinks i cam round not remembering what had happened but feelin beter. the medic exsplaned to me it was k and the fact i was dancing in a hot club. thank god though that clubs in london have medics and wont grass you upto the police. and asses your situwation as wether to take you to hospital as no one wants to go if they dont have to

2. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    are u diabetic??? or hypoglycemia?? Cause I'm diabetic and I haven't herd of any drugs really effecting blood suger . IF u are hypoglycemic and I'm assuming u didnt eat from 10-5 then yea u may have a sudden drop in suger especially if u are moving around such as dancing or anything that would require a good amount of energy!! get back to me this is deffinetly a subject I'm very interested in!!!!

3. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    why would anyone tell the police?even if they were told,they couldnt do anything.ketamine is legal to possess in the uk.

4. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    yes serpent k is legal in the uk but the police will still arest you on suspicion of drug possesion untill it can be sent for analisis to prove that it is k and nothing eles as most drugs look likewhite powderand is white powder untill lab tested and preven to be what ever it is and clubs generaly tell the police if they find someone in possestion of drugs or can surch you for drugs if you cause them to suspect your in possesion of drugs and then if you where found to have large amounts you would be sean as a delear and so the club would have no choise but to phone the police as clubs have to be sean to help stop drug deling ect... i know this as i was a westend club manager for 4yrs and had worked in the london club sean for 7yrs and after a break from city life and going back to collage i intend to go back to club runnning.

5. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    to godismdma, no i am not diabetic or hypoglycimik, but am borderline diabetic. ( i am on the level between non diabetic and diabetic exsactly so am close to becoming diabtic) .yeah you are right, i had not eaten since the night befor at about 11 pm. i went to the club when it opened at 5 am, so that was 6 hrs with no food+ another 5hr till i colapsed at 10 am, so thats like 11hr without food.i would normally have eatena snak, befor going out clubbing. but i new i was going to take k, so did not as this can make you sick with it being an anisthetic. i was dancing about and the club was packed and hot. i do always take time to chill out though. i have since talked to my g.p doctor about it and he agrees that ketamine lowers your blood sugar levels so does e another drug i had taken that night. he agreed it was a combination of the ketamine + e and that i was dancing in a hot club having not resently eaten ne thing. but he told me that ketamine, e and alcohol lower blood sugar, as far as he was aware coke did not. i asked him this as i take all of those at some point regualy and ovuasly wanted to know so i could do something about it and take beter care whilst i am out. as its not good for me or the club if i collapse on the dance floor and also my friends who had to look after me. so from now on i will try to make shure i always eat, even if its just a little 1 or 2hrs befor going out. to take some chocolate with me so i can have a snack whilest i am out. as i tend to go out for long clubbing sesions and to take some energy sweets aswell in case i dont fell like eating chocolate which when i am one drugs i dont realy like eating ne way till i have started o come down and relax at home.i just thought this might be helpfull for people to know as i have alwaysmade a point of educating myself about ne drug i am going to take and like to think of my self as a responsible drug user but have never read ne where about drugs lowering blood sugar levels. i dont want to collapse whilest i am out again as itsdangerious, embarising and could get me into alot of trouble with the club or the police all of which does not make for a good night out, especialy for my friends who had to pick up the pecies and ruend there night out aswell. but at least i have friends who look out for each other when we go out. i see so many young people out clubbing nower days, who think its all about who can drink and do the most drugs. get in a mess and dontlook out for each other or help each other ,and get scared to tell medics what they or there friends have done in case they might get into trouble but there friends life could depend on it. i have be with my friends when they have been sick, whilest we where out. just in case they collapse in the toilet,withno one aware of whats happend to them,andchocoke on theirvomit orhert them selfseven fall unconsious. and we always tell each other what each of us has done and when we done it. although we are nearly always doing the same drug at the same time, ne way but there are times when some of us do more or dont do ne.we also always tell each other if we fell unwell just incase.

6. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have herd the same with alcohol, except docs tell me that ur suger will go high and others say low...I am on probation so I'm limited to just drinking and I havent had problems with my sugers after drinking about a 1/2 gallon of voda with in like 8 hours or so. As with the X I was doing allot like 5 or 7 years ago and I was getting pure MDMA and I would constantly check my sure before and during strickly for the fact it is so difficult to eat, but I have never had highs or lows with X. with the alcohol I have found out that if you time your food intake and drinking wrong it will effect your suger.Like if I eat a high carb meal with in 2 hours before drinking my sugers will sky rocket. Never a problem with lows though which is understandable since alcohol is basically strait suger....What kind of control do you use? Just diet or pills also? Also if you dont mind me asking whats your age and weight that will have allot to do with the type and control of the condition.

7. adzket

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    i dont do ne thing to treat the condition as docs dont think i need to at mo i am 23 and 11.5 stone no ideea in lbs or kg soz.