Ketamine discussion forum

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Tarkovsky, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Tarkovsky

Tarkovsky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Greetings to all my fellow researchers. I am curious as to what is regarded as the most respected internet discussion forum for Ketamine. I am compiling an exhaustive FAQ ala William White's DXM FAQ and need a forum to clarify several topics regarding this remarkable substance. Since Mr. Kent appears to be a leading authority, I thought this would be a good place to start.

Best regards,
    Andrei

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Please feel free to post your questions here.

3. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o
    Ok, this is one I have been thinking of for a while:

how much is it safe to take via each way of administration? are K rollercoasters safe? how long should I wait untill next experience. Is the K hole very hazardous for brain cells?

As far as I have researched it is not very safe to take K many times in a short period.Brain cells on the (how do I translate it to english????) "front lobula" get lots of stress and "heat" when doing K. This neuronsenter some king of letargy or "shut down" for48 hs in order to prevent major damage. If you redose many times or take it again on the +48 hs, you put this brain cells in danger of death. Also readed arrounf that LSD reduces such damage on brain if taken in combination, anyway such mixes are a matter of care, don´t you think?

4. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    Mixing K with other psychedelics is not owrth the psychedelics. Their effects are masked by the K feeling of emptiness. I don't know, I'm not a fan of K anymore. I made a joint full of K and not only I didn't feel the weed high, but I prefered to stay outside on a bench when the temperetures were nearly negative. I stayed there with my girlfriend totally fixed on until I realised that I was trembling and couldn't move my fingers. I was in godmode then and always when taking K, but I prefer psychedelics and empatogens more! And besides heavy use leads to Olney's lesions.

5. Grautr

Grautr Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Hi,

the problem with K is that it causes a type of Brain damage called Olney's Lessions. Theses are exactly as described Lessions on your brain and are caused by short but intense K binging or long term use of the drug. How and when one starts to get this damge very much depends on the person and also how quickly, if ever, they can recover from this damage when they stop using the drug.

There has been some research that suggests drinking alcohol or taking LSD at the same time actualy prevents damge by ketamine to the brains receptors.

To spot the onset of brain damage in ketamine users is difficult. They may seem vacant evenduring breaks off the drug and a good indication that something is wrong is that they will not understand typical well known sayings or be able to work them out.

Ive never taken k IV but as I remember it is quite a small amount to k-hole. K is quite a safe drug though with recorded mistakes in hospitals where people were given 10 times the recomended amount and no noticable side effects.

I'm quite sure its impossible to overdose by sniffing and have had both nostrils solidly blocked before on several occasions.

The biggest danger with K is the divorce of mind and body. Although quite often the tranquilizing effect means you go no further than drop to a heap on the floor in some cases people can be quite animated while they K-hole. I myself have come back to find 2 fingers broken and once got home and found myleg covered in blood where at some point I had gashed a hole in my left buttock (I always told everyone Itried to cut myselfa new ass hole) without knowing it. Also at one squat party I was at someone K-holed and fell out of a seventh floor window, and survived it!

6. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I know a TON about K and has read extensively along w/ several 3-5
    day binges. Ask away or PM me if you want extended dialogue.

As far as these Olney's Lessions, I'm just starting to hear about
    them. Grautr's posts all seem really sharp, maybe you could
    expound on the subject or point me to some superior sources of info.

Thanks-

- B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017