Experiences - Ketamine Experiences

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by RoboCop, Jul 9, 2005.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Please post your Ketamine experiences here. Please add dose, onset, peak and duration if possible.

2. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I have done a lot of K. Snorting never did anything.
    Shooting IM is very difficult to explain in words. Onset, 30
    seconds. Effects climb rapidly for 3 - 4 min. Peak, in
    SWIM's opinion, soon after that. Peak lasts 45 minutes, then
    another 15 minutes or so and one is back to 90% normal.

Early on I felt "out of body." Now SWIM really enjoys it,
    profound sense of well being, connectedness w/ all beings, decreased
    fear of death, etc. Wonderful stuff!

- B

3. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I did K and had an OBE. He dremt that he died and went thru the process of actually dying, and his brain thought he was dead. once that happened swim begain to float out of his body over himself and then that was all he could remember. this was snorted and about a 80mg dose. it was intense yet peacefull at the same time.

4. blackbastard

blackbastard Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    I hadnt done k for 3 years and tonight swims housemate offered swim some before bed.

I thought about it and had been keen on & off to try it again after a period of not doing it.

I snorted maybe 100mg and after 2 mins felt heavy headed and decided
    to go to bed where swim proceeded to think far too much and swims
    thoughts seemed to be going way too fast for comfort. swims body felt
    lifeless and small to touch.

I am now sitting in bed 2 & half hours later not quite thinking straight, wishing I hadnt bothered.

that said, I had enjoyed swims k experiences in the past.

I has learnt swims lesson. k is bad. k ravages the brain. do your research

5. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wasnt really that impressed with his first time with ketamine. He insufflated ~100mg. After waiting a couple minutes SWIM's body became heavy. At this time SWIM and his mates decided to go for a walk. All of a sudden, SWIM and his mates were standing about 20 minutes away from the house and I was left wondering how he got there. Had a smoke but it just disappeared in front of him. Walking back home was like watching a movie, you see stuff happening but it doesnt seem real.

he remembers having a little bit of trouble when it came to walking for the first few steps. While he knew that he needed to walk, and that he was in fact waling forward (as determined by becomming closer to objects), he couldnt feel his feet moving.

I would say that he much rathers propre psychedelics that till leave some degree of understanding and clarity

6. Grautr

Grautr Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok I'm not sure if I have to do this with the new rules but I will do anyway, that is start using the SWIM meothod of posting. In fact when it comes to K in the UK it might be classified illegal but when SWIK was caught with a gram in his pocket the police, after checking it out that it wasnt coke or speed, let him off with no repocussions.

But anyway heres my experience [​IMG]

I was getting old, it was his 30th birthday and my good friend at work got some K for them to do. They finished work and ended up on a Tuesday night in Harlesden, West London.

From the Wrap, which held just over a gram, SWIM and his mate both sniffed a small line outside the pub, and then went in, ordered a couple of pints and sat down. I had done K before when he was much younger but never very much of it as it used to be so expensive and difficult to get hold of. SWIM sat there, quite relaxed, and even on that small amount the whole world had gone an amber colour, as if he was sitting at the bottom of his pint.

my mate went to the toilet after 5 minutes to sniff some more while SWIM talked to two old Irish navies about work and god know what. When my mate got back he gave SWIM the wrap and said;

"its your birthday, the rest is yours mate"

so I went into the toilets looked into the wrap and saw what he thought was a small amount of K (I should point out now that Ketamine can severly impare your judgement) and so SWIM sniffed everything in the wrap.

upon returning to his seat my mate asked for the wrap again so he could do a bit more. After I said it was gone my mate said;

"you fucking nutter, that was over half a gram!"

now SWIM realy didnt get a chance to contemplate his actions as the pub dissapeared around him. He found himself in a tunnel, or well. It was hard to say as gravity and direction seemed to have no meaning here. He floated in this strange tunnel that stretched off into infinity. In the distance there was no light just darkness as far as he could see.

SWIM noticed the walls were moving and there was a sound like an infernal machine churning away. At first SWIM though the walls were made up of snakes but on closer inspection they looked more like intestines slipping and sliding over each other.

As SWIM looked at them he came to a sudden realization that these threads were peoples lives. Where they connected with each other were their friends, relatives and aquaintances. Billions of peoples lives were represented in this tunnel and the walls must have been meters thick with them.

So SWIM looked for his own thread and found it. Slipping and sliding over it were his friends and family but I saw that a short way along the tunnel his thread and his girlfriends split apart never to rejoin.

SWIM came back to the pub and asked what happened. my mate said you sat there paralysed with your mouth open just looking at the ceiling. I had asense that he had seen something important and also a feeling that in some respects our fates are fixed. This is something that I had never believed in before so I guess you could call it a religious experience.

Two weeks later SWIM and his girlfriend split up and they never met again.

7. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, now that I have hadmore experience with ketamine, he has hppy to report that he likes it very much.

SWIM's latest adventure was only a few days ago. He insufflated 15 - 200mg divided into two fat lines and returned back to the loungeroom where two of his mates were having fun with the PS2.

Only moments later, SWIM's world started warping. The couch that he was siting on felt asthough it was being pushed and pulled back and forth. Then the corner of the roof folded over and darkend the whole room.

Trying to pat the cat Gelati was etremely hard. Not only was she morphing but she also wouldnt it still. Watching the mates play on the [email protected] was interesting and was a real bitch when it came SWIM's turn. They were playing Eyetoy Kinetic, a game esigned to get fat people moving around doing exercise without going to the gym. Needless to say, SWIM sucked arse at this. HIs coordintion had walked istelf int the closest corner and shot itself.

After about half an hour of jumping around like a hopeless drunk, I was much better offas his perception had returned to the exponentially more familliar feeling of alcohol. This feling continued until about 40 minutes later when I was sober again.

During the peak I found it hard to move and nearly fell both up and down the stairs when getting CD's.

8. SomaTamari

SomaTamari Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The K-hole is different for everyone, but for my monkey, the k-hole, in short, is the transcendental experience felt on a larger dose of K where the user feels like they've merged with everything around them, and perceive themselves to exist only as energy, only consciousness, you literally leave your body and feel very limitless. External events like time have no relevance as everything external is outside of your focus. Thoughts still progress in your mind if you want them to during this experience. In fact, monkey never looses his clarity of mind on K, his mind is always very sharp and functioning. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  9. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    A FOAF alwas feels limitless when taking K on any dose. However, thoughts rarely progress in his mind while he's on K. He feels empty on K. It is sometmes good for him, but generally makes him feel bad!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  10. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The Ketamine Dream

This report is from OFOAF, is past tense and therefore I hope is not against forum guidelines ;)

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I had his first encounter with ketamine yesterday. He took 100mg insufflated. Within a few seconds he started feeling what he can only describe as close to ligthheadedness, as time went on he became sensitive to lights and everything seemed just more interesting enough to keep him looking around in all directions checking all that he could out, especially in the kentlands, a very cliche suburban looking neighborhood . He and his buddy then smoked a blunt, nothing big like 1.5g, and it seemed to get him rediculously higher than usual. That was the extent of the effects he felt this time, as he took a relatively small dose for the first time just to get a feel for the substance.

I am very excited to try a larger dose as he greatly enjoyed the mild experience had. He can see K becoming one of his new favorite drugs. He already ranks it top ten and he hasnt had a full experience yet.

He is thinking about trying a larger dose tonight, like 200-300mg. Would this be advisable? or does tolerance develop quickly with this substance? Thanks for any input.

I took 150mg insufflated, waited about 10 mins, took another 50mg, waited about 20 mins then took another 50mg, totalling 250mg.

The first 150mg hit SWIM somewhat weakly, he felt light headed and his mood was uplifted. Again everything was more visually interesting to him which kept him on his toes looking around at all the lights.

The next 50mg really took him to the next level, he and his friend decided they needed to get up and walk around, so they walked around the neighborhood a little. Very carefully of course as their coordination was severely impaired. They walked around for about 20 mins enjoying the dissociation and the visual attractiveness of all lights.

They then decided to go finish off their .5 gram by taking the last 50mg a piece. This is when things got very interesting. my 50mg was cut into 1 line and taken through the right nostril. Within seconds the whole right half of his face felt crazy and somewhat numb and tingly. Within another few seconds I was completely seperated from the real world. He closed his eyes and sat there in his own world for 15 mins afterwards just riding the intense high for all it was worth.

Then all of a sudden he snapped out of it and opened his eyes, at the exact same time as his buddy and they then went their seperate ways. SWIM cant speak for his friend but he was high for another 2-3 hours after the peak. The after high was very reminiscent of a large dose DXM trip.

All in all My first real experience with ketamine was an amazingly intense one and very very enjoyable. And he will definately mind the once a month rule as he definately believes in the magic of substances and not taking advantage of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  12. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like You had some fun :)

150mg was enough for SWIM to enter the innerverse within 10mins. It's that place where you think you'll never escape (a surreal and irrational mind scape) but rationally SWIM just accepted it.

I can't express enough though the need to have no distractions and be in a very comfortable environment to truly visit Wonky World and speak with the K entity. Walking around takes a huge amount of effort and concentration and detracts from the experience except of course at low doses combined with MDMA ... now that's special ;)

Have fun

13. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I dont know I found walking around and having lots of stimulus to be the most enjoyable. You speak of darkness and quiet I thought the lights and noises were very atttractive. And he never felt as though he was trapped or going to die, kind of odd how differently people react ot the same substance, both in effects and activities they enjoy doing while on the same substance.

14. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    This is taken from SWIFantasian's Personal Journal:

"
    Ketamine
    A disaccociative commonly used to sedation or completely knock out various animals in vetenary medicine. Many recreational users find that at higher lower than anesthetic dosages something known as the "K Hole" can result which is a very intense experience.

Theshold Test of Ketamine:

50-70mg insuffalated (due to inaccuracies of scales) - within 2 minutes of administration dizziness and nausea was present. This became more intense over 10 minutes and then died down for a further 30 minutes. The experience was not pleasant and offered no real effects except the nausea and unpleasant dizziness. After this experiment I am somewhat put of at using ketamine at a higher dosage, definatly without someone else who is comfortable and has used before. It should be noted however that the negative effects experience may have been due to psychological rejection of the drugs effects.

"

Hope you find the following information valuable

15. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    A friend of someone who I dont even know posted this recently on another unknown forum. She said I could post it here. She is not done writing it but will update when she has the time and I will do the same. peeeeace. It might end abruptly, but it is hard for her to remember what happened on ketamine. k is a hell of a drug!

"I have been reading about ketamine for several years. Finally today I got the opportunity to try some. I woke up and did some last minute research before I took the plunge. He is my account of what happened.

First off, I decided to use a 1/2 inch 29 guage 1cc syringe. They questioned me at the pharmacy but I used a friends diabetic card to get the syringes. They were 13 cents each. I got home around 1:30 and went to my room with a bottle of alcohol, a vial of ketamine, one syringe, and some cotton. I opened the vial and then the syringe. I got some cotton and rubbed some alcohol onto the rubber part of the vial and then stuck the syringe in. The needle did not reach the special K so I turned the vial upside down and sucked up around 75 units. I really was going back and forth on which dose I was going to do. I decided to take ~75mg because it was my first time. I might have done ~70-75 mg I cant really remember after everything that happened to me.

I loaded up the syringe and got all the bubbles out of it. Next, I go soaked some cotton in alcohol and rubbed down my arm at the injecting site. Here we go I said to myself. I was a bit nervous because this was my first time to IM anything. I have IVd yayo before but that was my only previous experience with needles. I stuck the needle in my shoulder and it really was not too painful. I pulled back the plunger to make sure their was no blood and shot ~75 units over the peroid of about 15 seconds. When I pulled out the needle there was a small amount of blood so I held some cotton to the wound for a few seconds and then it stopped bleeding.

I was on my bed so I put the syringe away and layed down with some headphones. I was in my bed for about 5 minutes and I only felt minimal effects. After a while, I went downstaird to talk to some friends on aim because I didnt think it was going to get any stronger. My borem at the time got the best of my and I really just was not thinking straight. I kneww immiedetly that I wasn't going to the K-hole so I got dissappointed and just decided to get on the computer.

Before I walked downstairs I felt extremely heavy and just a bit giggily. I was light headed and my numb lips were the first sensation I got. Walking at this time was wierd but not extremely difficult at all.

I spent about 20 minutes at my computer trying to type to my friends with little success. My motor skills were significantly altered and I could not hit the right keys. Most of the time I got the basic point across but a lot of my words were misspelled and scrambeled up. I definitely should have just stayed upstairs in my bed but instead I was wasted in front of a computer screen giggling every once in a while. By this time maybe 20 minutes had past and during that time I talked on IM a bit and listened to one song. There was not any great amount of music enhancment it just seemed like it was kind of in the back ground. This was my first strong dissociative trip. Previous to this experience I had only tried 350 mf of DXM which was quite different in effects. I was very dissociated but still had on a straight head. I could form coherent thought to express to my friends but my motor skills were too trashed to type the correct keys. I felt like a puppett when I tried to move my arms. I probably could have used the phone and held a somewhat normal conversation but when my phone rang I was unable to locate it. A few hours later, I found out it had been right in front of me but my depth and sound perception altered my ability to judge where the phone was.

After about ~20 minutes I started to feel nauseated so I went to lay on the couch. I was there for about five minutes but I found the pillow uncomfortable so I walked across the hall to find a comfortable bed. I . Walking was not especially hard but I felt extremely wierd when I stood up. It was like I was very light but very heavy at the same time. I was also light headed and a bit dissoriented like I was intoxicated on alcohol. The effects were a lot like nitrous because my body was numb but I could still walk pretty decently. Driving would have been out of the question though. My life was like a oldschool movie being played. Everything moved in slow frame rate like a choppy picture from an antique film. It was almost like the complete opposite of a psychadelic trip in one aspect. Instead of being keen to details, it was like my mind completely zoned out to details. I could navigate through my house perfectly and it was easy to recognize big important objects that I had to avoid, but I didnt really pay attention to any mundane details. When you are on acid, or some tryptamine or PEA it is like your mind zones into every little detail. This was not like that at all. Most of the "trip" I can't remember too well because my mind really was not paying attention to what I was doing except when I had to use my body to do something. I much preferred just laying down and not doing anything. I made a lot of mistakes during this trip but that is what I took a lower dose. I learned what this drug is like but hopefully next time 120mg will take me to a whole nother level. I was not quite at the level I wanted to be for most of the trip.

Laying down was somewhat enjoyable but not very intense for the most part. My mind was not filled with any divine thoughts about the workings of the universe and my ego was still fully attached. I do however remember thinking about death for a while and wondering what it was like. I did not learn much but I felt like dying was not really a big deal to me. I cant remember much of what happened on my bed. It was a "normal" experience if you could call it that. Dont get me wrong, I was "fucked up real good" but it didnt have that special touch that a drug has to have to make the experience absoultely wonderful. I saw potential in this drug but I definitely did not break into it like I wanted to. I rememberat one point in time looking out my front door and the world was just moving a lot. Thats the only way I could explain it. It wasnt like psychadelic visuals, everything looked boxy and manufactured like a puzzle. Different pieces moved at different speeds making my vision very poor.

Okay that was the first trip of this 2 day experiement. At about 4:00 I IMd 130mg to try and get to the khole. I still feel fuzzy and I am begining to realize that I really dont like the ketamine comedown. The initial trip seems to last around an hour but the after effects linger for a long time. It has been 5 hours since I took the dose and I feel slightly groggy and depressed. I feel lethargic and have tried to sleep for a while but I dont know if I was able to. It reminds me a lot of the ecstasy comedown. Not necessarily MDMA ecstasy but meth based ecstasy mostly. If anyone has had a bad comedown on "XTC" you will know what I am talking about. I feel emotionless but for the most part depressed. I would like to go to sleep but when I am in bed hours will pass and it will feel like I might have drifted off for a few minutes here and there but cant be sure. The injection site from yesterday feels okay now. If i pinch my arm I feel a tiny discomfort but it really isnt sore.

This time I chose to inject into the thigh muscle. Im pretty sure I had a tolerance today since I used ketamine for my first time yesterday, so I chose to take a larger dose. Again, at the last minute I chose to take 130mg. Unfortunately, the syringes I had only fit 100mg of ketamine in them so I had to do two seperate injections. It wasnt that big of a deal to me because I wanted to get a little more experience with the procedure but in the future I might consifer getting some needles that will hold more ketamine so two shots will not be required.

I prepared the injection just like the last time. Loaded it up, got out the air bubbles, swabbed with alcohol, poked, pulled back, injected. Stung a bit, but no pain no gain right?

I shot the K into my left leg first which took about 30 seconds. By the time I started injecting into my right leg I could feel the numbness in my lips.

I slowly went off into a state that was very dark. With my eyes closed it seemed like I became nothing and everything all at the same time. I felt like I could achieve anything I wanted. I traveled to places I had never been before. Through dimensions and through all kinds of different worlds. There was very rarely any color. I became a particle surrounded by nothingness. I had on headphones but only until about 30 minutes later did I realize I had been listening to music. I had discovered the key to universe in the form of a vial of ketamine. more to come later but this is going to take a long time."

16. Agent Subby

Agent Subby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM 'washed' his K up from OTC bottles of Ketalar whilst in India. SWIM and a fellow traveller then shared the gramme of K between them (approx 150mg per dose each) via the nasal route. Onset of about 10 mins and peaked between 30/45 mins. Walking like a puppet on a string and an overwhelming feeling of tranquility. Decreased fear of death and SWIM and companion's mind started to merge together. Definitely a moorish feeling and would have done much moor than the gramme if it was there ready and washed up. Big problem with speech impediment for about 2 weeks after a K bnge. SWIM can't wait to get back to India to buy more K and travel to 'Planet Ket' again.:snort: :snort: :snort:

17. torr_aox

torr_aox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I haven't done K in years. But, one experience he remembers was doing a giant rail (maybe 7.5cm in length and 4mm in width). I had an incredible visual experience. The entire world turned into a Picasso painting (think 2-dimensional shapes) and that lasted the entire k-hole. Anyone else experience something similar?

18. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    This sort of visual experience seems common with disassociative psychedelics. Picasso being a common reference, Rather like flat images being superimposed over each other at altered angles.

Perhaps artists like ol' Pablo had part of their brains numbed, not to suggest they were numbskulls.

19. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim once had an experience with everything going 2D which lasted about 4 hours. The funny thing was that during this time is swim's life, she had never touched hallucinogens and had not taken any drugs for two years prior and before that the drugs were just pot and pills. Also, during the onset of the "episode" she was in her college art history class watching a special on who else, but Picasso. It completely tripped her out, and she finally felt she understood his work. Everything looked like a painting to her, she lost her depth perception. She sat out the next hour of class trying to see if she could draw now that she could see all the angles, shadows, etc. as 2D...she drew a little better than usual but still poorly as is the norm. Anyway, rightfully so, she was a little freaked out and wanted to get out of the building so she drove home although she was afraid to drive because it again felt like she was driving through a painting. She laid down on the couch waiting for the experience to stop because she thought she'd finally completely lost her mind. She was prepared to tell her mom to take her to the hospital when her mother got off work. Luckily, by the time her mother got off, I was feeling alright. Vision was still a bit off, but nothing like before so she wasn't as worried. Her psychological state during all this did not seem to be abnormal. That was just a very strange day and she hasn't had such an experience again (3 years now) even when using dissociatives.

Then, swim came upon this passage in Huxley's "Doors of Perception" in which he describes an experience with mescaline. It sounded eerily similar to the occurance on that day: "From the books the investigator directed my attention to the furniture. A small typing table stood in the center of the room; beyond it, from my point of view, was a wicker chair and beyond that a desk. The three pieces formed an intricate pattern of horizontals, uprights and diagonals - a pattern all the more interesting for not being interpreted in terms of spatial relationships. Table, chair and desk came together in a composition that was like something by Braque or Juan Gris, a still life recognizably related to the objective world, but rendered without depth, without any attempt at photographic realism. I was looking at my furniture, not as the utilitarian who has to sit on chairs, to write at desks and tables, and not as the cameraman or scientific recorder, but as the pure aesthete whose concern is only with forms and their relationships within the field of vision or the picture space. But as I looked, this purely aesthetic, Cubist's-eye view gave place to what I can only describe as the sacramental vision of reality. I was back where I had been when I was looking at the flowers-back in a world where everything shone with the Inner Light, and was infinite in its significance. The legs, for example, of that chair - how miraculous their tubularity, how supernatural their polished smoothness! I spent several minutes - or was it several centuries? - not merely gazing at those bamboo legs, but actually being them - or rather being myself in them; or, to be still more accurate (for "I" was not involved in the case, nor in a certain sense were "they") being my Not-self in the Not-self which was the chair."

I'd also like to now note that I will now be trying k for the first time tonight or tomorrow (either that or some mushroom tea tonight and the k tomorrow, both freshly made/received) so it should be interesting given how her brain is naturally wired for weird experiences as such. She's thinking that she'll try 50mg insufflated, wait, and see if she wants the other 50mg insufflated or more or what have you. Although, she's worried about any sort of cross-tolerance with dxm since her tolerance for that has hardly gone done over the past 9 months (that's when she quit taking often, but still took a dose maybe once every two months). Swim thinks her plan for dosing sounds safe, let her know if anyone with more experience would augment this in some way.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008
  20. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    theres definitely a cross tolerance with dxm...the only times I has used k was in a period of heavy dxm use, and lines which would have other people feeling great, or practically in the k-hole would simply leave swim feeling drunk, and perceiving time as moving much more slowly than it should. swim cant say what the dosing should be like, or how much it should be upped for someone with a mild tolerance, maybe someone else can help with that.