Effects - Ketamine = Rapid Tolerance

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by MrMouse, Apr 26, 2006.

1. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ketamine = Rapid Tolerance

Anyone noticed the speed at which a user gains tolerance to Ketamine?

Single use weekly or bi-monthly over 3 months (Approx 4 gram total).
    First few experiences ~100mg nasally = Wonky world galore
    Further experiences ~ variable = vastly reduced effectiveness
    Last few experiences ~500mg nasally = Almost no effect

Rest period 3 weeks

Single dose ~ 300mg nasally = Almost no effect

Next rest period 6 weeks :(

This is a warning. Infrequent and moderate use is certainly the key to success.

Discuss

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Certainly! How can you get 500mg up your nose!!

3. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Maybe SWIM just has a big nose or redosing in increments over a very short period of time (15mins).

4. smoggy32

smoggy32 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have known people who use ketamine weekly and after a few months there is a noticable tolerance to the effects. The people i know find it difficult get past the dreamy floaty mild ketmine buzz and into a k-hole.These people only ever snort lines and mostly use it whilst rollin.

A rest of about 4-6 weeks is usually long enough to return to normal usage, a rest of 6-12 weeks and tolerance seems to be totally gone.

5. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I do only IM K and notices that after a day or 2 straight, one just can't get the same effects at any dose, but a couple nights sleep and 1CC is just right all over again.

- B

6. -k4ge

-k4ge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from earth

My good friend SWIK once witnessed his dealer rail 1000mg in a sesh.

7. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    k4ge , Swim too has seen his dealer snort gram lines, half up each nostril as his tolerance was massive. Those doses did have quite an affect on him though

8. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^ Why? Surely at that point you must start thinking that IM use can't be that bad compared with a gram of foul tasting powder up your nose

9. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I used to be addicted to ketamine and do it about 5 times a day, that only lasted for a week before she quit though. She acquired it in original liquid form and boiled it off so she could snort it. She had IMed at times, but found that the high wasn't as nice and she would feel worse (physically) during the high and after it.

She started out doing ketamine every few months, then quickly started increasing her usage to once a week, then once a day, then all the time. Five times a day she would do amounts ranging from 50mg to 100mg at a time. She never got into the K hole at these amounts, not even close, she could still function normally, but she was slightly high.

After quite awhile one night she ended up doing anywhere from 300mg to 400mg, which caused a total, horrible experience into the K hole. She thought she was dying, woke up screaming, and ended up extremely sick for the next few days, and then weaned herself off.

About a month after having any, SWIM IMed about 60 to 90 mg (She can't remember whether she did two or three sets of 30 mg). She was extremely surprised, as this used to be a light to medium dose for her, and now she was forgetting who she was.

Anyway, her tolerance went high up after frequent use, but quickly went back down.

10. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My friend wasn't a daily user, once or twice a week but large amounts. I don't think he wanted to go down the route of IM

11. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Regarding ketamine tolerance. I hear it is mainly a result of IM use and since this is how I used it SWIM wonders if rapid and significant tolerance is as substantial with intranasal use.

Anyone know a SWIM who has used K intra-nasally for a year or more? If so what type of tolerance developed?

Perhaps one day Dr. Olney's test monkey will discover the right smart drug to counteract neuronal disassocciative tolerance and all will be perfect in the garden of eden.

cheers,
    niteflights

12. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Swim used it regularlyish for a while intra-nasally and tollerance went up rapidly to start with and slowed down, this may have been because Swim may have started using less after a while.

13. firenx

firenx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

I has used k nasally for a year or so and tolerance has built pretty quick.. no more wonky world so I am taking a break for a few months

14. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ok, so how could an individual prevent large tolerance?

would once-a-month usage be ok? I am thinking about trying ketamine for his first time, because he noticed dissociatives are MADE for him...:D

15. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have heard reports that s+ ketamine procures less tolerance than the regular racemic ketamine. Probably has to do with the shorter half life. But then also I have read the s+ ket has shorter duration of effects.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

cheers,
    Andrei

16. Ketamina

Ketamina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have done ketamine IM for a few years, off and on. There's definitely a tolerance buildup, and I think that even if you don't do it for several months or even longer, a small amount of that tolerance carries over.

At times I had ketamine available all the time, and obviously noticed a quick tolerance increase. When I tried abstaining for several weeks or months, the tolerance dropped but never back to what she took when she was introduced to ketamine.

Do note however, that different sources will provide different ratios of mg/ml. I don't think this affects those who snort it (she's never tried it, and has no idea what the market is like, if it's cut, and so on), but if you're used to taking 1.2cc of 100mg/ml, suddenly being supplied with 50mg/ml and not knowing it can really throw a person off. I had this happen to her when she stopped getting ketamine through a clinic and went to a mail source.

17. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim once had attained 3 vials of K and used it in moderation over a period of 2months. swim insufflated it every time and did notice a dramatic increase in tolerance. I has never experienced this kind of rapid tolerance with any other substance. it was like one day I did x amount, then a few days later I had to do 2x.

18. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    You do develop tolerance to ketamine but not nearly as quickly as with, say, MDMA or LSD, which is one of the reasons why it is somewhat psychologically addictive.