Culture - Ketamusic

Discussion in 'Ketamine' started by Nose Dive, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Nose Dive

Nose Dive Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I was just wondering what everyone likes to listen to on Ket?

Swim loved the happy hardcore music and when the Gorillaz came on I was on a next level.

Also has anyone had strange things happen whilst listening to music?
    For Swim songs seemed to last for hours and at one strange point he slowed the music down wih his mind. Very strange but also great fun.

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I have read that ketamine affects the range of frequencies which you can hear, cutting off high frequencies, making some music sound strange? Or it that just the K?

3. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    well, ketamine is linked to music in SWIM's mind, as he had some strange experiences on K. :cool:

Once after SWIM IMed moderate dosage (80mg) of K, after reaching the peak his mind starts playing a music (no music actually played) with all of its details, SWIM means he was able to hear all drum beats playing at unbelievable quality, it was like they are playing it in his room. It was one of the White Stripes song, when the music starts I thought he actually playing it on his computer but after few seconds he realized that he completely turned-off his computer before injecting K. :confused: It was very interesting, I was wondering how his brain remembers all those details of that song (BTW, SWIM heard that song only a few times).

Music always sounds strange while on K. I found that after hearing the wizzzzzzzz sound the music changes, it seems like the music is heard from a distance. And I can say music have real influence on what someone see and feels while on K, but music doesn't seem to have any (significant) influence on K-Hole (in which mind completely seperates from body)

4. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Acid techno and drum and bass, naturally.

5. baybluesmad

baybluesmad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim mostly likes quite hard music, hard rock has been a favorite for a while.
    But most electronic/dance are great such as Gorillaz and alike. For swim any vocals seem to be drowned out by the music and sound like whispering with massive beats. But also for swim songs seem to last for ages and they blend together from song to song, I will still be hearing the previous song as the next one is going. It's great and prob one of swims favourite parts.

6. PingoTango

PingoTango Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I would have to say breakcore, a la mr Shitmat, Ebola, Bong Ra etc, or some slow, techy dubstep...

SWIM loves the effects that ket has on music. Since getting into ketamine, I have realised that music and time are inexorably linked - music cannot exist without time, and the time-dialation effects that ket can have can reap very interesting results with music - tunes starting to slow down without lowering their pitch, right up until the point they stop and begin to reverse... Magical.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  7. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Happy hardcore has too much bass in to listen to while on ket and its too fast, happy hardcore is amazing when on MDMA though. Gorillas and Kasabian are the best to listen to, also soft trance tunes r good, they make swim feel like he's flying. Swim once put a CD on repeat and when he got up the next morning he knew wot every track was and wot the next track is.
    The Prodigy is good too cos it has alot of unusual sounds in the tunes

8. PingoTango

PingoTango Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Not happy hardcore... Happy harcore is never amazing...

Well, maybe the first ten minutes after coming up on MDMA, but that's seriously it ;)

9. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Uhh no breakcore can do that on its own ;).

In fact, in breakcore, anything can happen. Dub, hardcore, punk, jungle, 1960's crooners and 1980's tv-tunes. You never know what's next. That's the beauty of it.

10. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SWIM only listens to Aphex Twin when in the k-hole. Aphex Twin's music sounds to SWIM like it was made for k-holing on it. When he listens to it sober he just finds it a bit weird, and when on psychedelics he rather to listens to other music as well, but in the k-hole it's perfect.

11. Optimus

Optimus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from U.K.
    Underworlds stuff is usually pretty sweet, and I had avery interesting morning a few months back with the sun coming up listening to Sigur Ros..

12. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    Sigur Ros is the only way with K, end of discussion.

13. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Juno Reactor - Conga Fury

Ooooooohhhhhhh boooy!!

As mentioned above, acid house or acid techno is great too.

14. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Tommy emmanuel for a chilled k-hole. Steve vai to turn up the intensity.

15. nonee_desul

nonee_desul Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Roisin Murphy is good. Check out her song "rama-lama."

16. Nose Dive

Nose Dive Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I myself am a cheezy quaver raver and quite enjoy the odd chipmunk song :cool:

17. VitaminK22

VitaminK22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Aphrodite's full mix CD's are good, real trippy tunes :D

18. fugazi32

fugazi32 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Old Skool Jungle Tekno or Darkcore --- anything really dark/ambient/other-worldly.

19. Lettish

Lettish Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Classic trance anthems.

20. Sandozboy

Sandozboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    K in general seems to be a lot more visually oriented than the likes of LSD or MDMA which usually results in differing amounts of boogie fever to any and all takers. It may have a lot to do with the fact that K causes balance problems while standing or moving even...