Scientific Study King's College King's college london lsd microdosing research - requesting participants

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by MariaSabrina, Jul 10, 2018.

1. MariaSabrina

MariaSabrina Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from England, United Kingdom
    Hello there,

I would like to invite you to take part in this survey about microdosing LSD, which forms part of my master's dissertation from King's College London. If you are older than 18 years and have ever taken LSD in microdoses at least once in you life, you are eligible to answer it. The survey is completely anonymous and it shouldn’t take you more than 12-15 minutes to complete. If you would like more information about the study, there is further explanation on the first page of the survey on the link below:

https://kclbs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6RTUQe4nt16gm7H

Many thanks for participating!

KCL Ethics Ref: HR-17/18-7078

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    If anyone has feedback about this survey then feel free to post it here.

3. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    For those interested, this survey was quick, straight-forward and non-invasive. I will be quite interested to see the final results.

@MariaSabrina are these data going to be used alongside other measures? It is interesting that the only current controlled studies on microdosing show little to no impact on behavior, though perhaps this has more to do with the limits of animal models than anything else.

4. MariaSabrina

Reputation Points:
    Hi @Shampoo the study will be mainly based on the data collected through the survey and some data gathered from discussion forums. I have read a couple of studies in rats and cats that mention changes in motor activity and behavior that could mimic psychosis, however I haven't read many, so my knowledge in this matter is quite limited.

5. arniar

arniar Donating Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from Capital Region, Denmark
    Recently, I tried microdosing LSD for improving my productivity/mood at work, but I quickly stopped since I felt it gave me "tunnel vision" which was not suited to multi-tasking. I also think LSD is too great for this purpose and I enjoy its benefits best by taking full dose (200ug) every few weeks.

This study seems to be targeted to those who are currently microdosing LSD.

I think Tramadol is better for work productivity/mood. I take 50mg Tramadol once a week, early morning before work.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2018 ---
    And BTW, I think it is impossible to know the exact amount of LSD in each dose, so one needs to dilute it in water/alcohol and find desired effect and the right amount of drops based on experience from earlier doses from that same bottle.

6. MariaSabrina

Reputation Points:
    Hi arniar,

Thanks for your interest in the survey.
    I think it is possible to make an estimation (that could be a good or accurate, or a bad one) depending on the source and the form that your LSD comes. Let's say you have 150ug tabs and then you diluted them x volume, then you got an estimated dose. However, if you don't know you actual dose you can choose the option "I don't know/I don't remember".