1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Klonopin & Fentanyl

Discussion in 'Fentanyl' started by puhz, Jul 20, 2010.

1. puhz

puhz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has mixed these two in the past, so he's not very worried about it. SWIM's main question is, with these new non-gel Fentanyl patches, is there anyway to turn even a small piece of the patch into something that can be IV'd? SWIM is well aware of the risks involved here but he has used Fentanyl for many years and his tolerance is up high enough to where he would like to experiment with just a tiny amount of Fentanyl in an IV.

So is there anyway to turn a NON-GEL Fentanyl Transdermal Patch (50mcg/h) into a liquid that can be IV'd?

2. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    This is too dangerous. I don't think anyone will be offering much help here. Even if you could, there's no easy way of measuring out a safe dose. Fentanyl is waaay too potent.

If swiy's tolerance is THAT high, maybe swiy should consider some options to lower it. I always wondered how high opiate tolerance would react to a regimen of naltrexone for a week or two. Maybe it could reset some of that tolerance? I've read some interesting reports that suggest it could work well.

EDIT: I just want to be clear. No one should be posting any information or suggestions on how to get something capable of being IVed from a fentanyl patch. It doesn't matter if the OP knows exactly what s/he is doing or has a whole team of EMT's and medical doctors present. Thousands of people view this forum and posting a how-to on making a fentanyl IV solution is way too dangerous. Some idiot out there will read it, have no clue what they are doing, and end up ODing. This is a harm reduction site. Something that dangerous doesn't belong here.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. Euthanatos93420

Euthanatos93420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I know someone who just died from mixing benzos and fentanyl.

4. puhz

puhz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't worry, SWIM did not IV either and never would. SWIM was just curious if it was possible to simply IV a small piece of the fentanyl but he is also aware of the dangers. SWIM has mixed klonopin and fentanyl many times (taking klonopin orally & letting half the patch (25mcg) absorb on the tongue) and have never had any problems. Of course, IV'ing either poses way too many risks for SWIM to want to experiment with. SWIM was just considering it the other day but thankfully never followed up with it. But SWIM thanks everyone for the responses and the reminder of how dangerous fentanyl is. SWIM will never consider it again.