Effects - Kratom advice/dosage

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by deankenny, Jan 29, 2014.

1. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    So My pet rat and his female ratty friend last night had a first go on Kratom. SWIM received some Maeng Da from a UK vendor. Started with 3g not much of an effect then upped more 2g to a total of 5g. In the end both of My rats just become very tired with not much feeling of euphoria or similar.

SWIM today has now recieved kratom from a different UK vendor which from research has been recommended, they also dont label anything maeng da (as i heard this was just marketing)

My rats will try this strain tonight GREEN MALAY, hoping for a better experience, will go for 5g straight away.

Anyone have any ideas why the first nights attempt resulted in just tiredness and fatigue, it was not a nice tiredness or fatigue just generally how you feel when your tired :(

I know the supplier/source is very important, is SWIM allowed to say the suppliers in hope of getting advice on this area also?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    No, source discussion is against the rules.
    So is using SWIM.

How did you take it?
    Did you take it on an empty stomach?
    Do you have tolerance to opiates?

You might have just bough bunk kratom.
    You might have taken it wrong.
    Without more details we can only guess.

3. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Hi Zombie thanks for the reply.

The first 3g was taken mixed into a yoguhrt, then the further 2g was taken by measuring 2g on a scale then dropping it in a cold glass of water, mixing it a little, and huge gulps down, i found this quite easy way of taking it with little to no bad taste.

History of no drug habits at all or opiates (apart from a little weed at school) over 10 years ago.

2nd person, is also 0 drugs for her whole life.

I'm hoping its just a bad batch of it, but thier facebook seems so legit with happy customers etc.

deankenny added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Forgot to add, stomach was empty, although did eat a few peanuts 1-2 hour before the kratom.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    They could have friends make comments.
    Find a place where people discuss vendors that has nothing to do with the vendor at all. Vendor sites are always going to be full of glowing reviews.

When you get the Malay take 5 grams on an empty stomach.
    Try to take it with as little food as possible if you have to mix it into something.

A Guide To Buying Kratom https://drugs-forum.com/threads/200101

5. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    So is taking the kratom by dropping it into a glass of water and gulping down, is this ok?

6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Sure.
    Thats fine.
    Have a read through this forum, there are lots of great thread that will answer all your questions.

7. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Yes a good read, and still doing so :) Some very interesting experiences.

Also can i just confirm, I have it in powder form, is this known as extract?

8. Spaazkaz

Spaazkaz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Extract can be powder, liquid, resin, etc. Many times vendors will 'enhance' powdered leaf with a liquid or powdered extract. Extracts are also usually way more expensive than they are effective. I believe you just have powdered leaf, which is probably what you should stick to when you are first trying to figure out how you respond to kratom. Good luck. -spaz

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Was it sold as an extract?

Kratom leaf usually comes as a crushed leaf or powdered leaf. They are the same thing only one has been ground to a powder.
    When you were buying it what was its title? If it was just 'Maeng Da' or 'Green Malay' then what you have is just plain kratom.

10. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Title Just says "Green Malay" and the description is "This is a very special kratom from the Malay peninsula. It is wild harvested from mature trees in the deep jungle, then dried and sent to us immediately. Green Malay seems to be popular with those who like Maeng Da Thai kratom."

11. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Then it is just powdered leaf.
    It is a personal favourite of mine. It is quite stimulating and does not require much.
    5 grams should be more than enough for you. :)

12. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Regarding eating, taking on a empty stomach of course is the best, but can i eat just after eating it? Does this affect it? Also does it depend on food also, I would love to take 5g then have a nice Lamb Korma afterwards :)

13. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Just wait until it has kicked in and then you can eat. Eating straight after will affect it.
    It only takes about 30 minutes before you start to feel it, give it an hour and then you can get stuck into your Korma :)

Many people find that if you wait for about an hour after it has kicked in and then eat, the effects can get stronger.

14. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Hi again, so did the 5g this evening, half hour went by felt nothing. Maybe a slight very slight stimulant, but i think that was my mind more than anything, because im thinking so hard to see if i can feel anything.

Anyway 45 mins after dose, my indian turned up, ate a full lamb korma and rice, and just before i finished it, felt real nice, nothing crazy, but did feel something very pleasent. But this quickly wore off after 25-30mins :(

Dissapointing to be honest, now i would to to take 2-3g more now, but i had my indian 1 hour or so ago now. This will not have any effect will it ? Is another reason ppl dont dose up after food also because it makes you more prone to be sick, or is it just because of a reduced effect?

deankenny added 188 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Another 4g and still nothing total of 9g this evening, even my toothache is apparent and annoying.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  15. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Sounds to me like you either have a naturally high tolerance to kratom, or you have bad kratom.

Try taking more the next time.
    Wait until tomorrow and try 10 grams and see how that works.
    It can take a lot of experimenting with strains and doses to find out what works best.

16. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Im worried ill be sick on 10 this why i been doing steady increases. I say this because alcohol is extremely bad with me 1-2 pints of beer/lager and im feeling it and probably sick. So i assume im sensitive to everything else. Although with history of toothaches and headaches i have taken alot of painkillers for my age, which might affect it?

17. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Perhaps you are expecting too much from kratom?
    Although at 5 grams you should have felt something.

I mentioned 10 grams because if you feel nothing, or little, on 5 grams then taking 6 or 7 the next time probably wont make much of a difference but you are right to take it slow.

What pain killers are you taking?

18. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Usually co-codamol or anadin extra, but the few days before i got Kratom, i have been using Tramadol.

19. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I thought you told me earlier that you did not take opiates?
    There will be some cross tolerance, that is probably the reason you are not feeling much.
    How often do you use Codeine and Tramadol and in what doses?

20. deankenny

deankenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.K.
    Im a noob, and not sure what is an opiate sorry.

Co-codamol, have not used that in at least 6-8 months. Tramadol used for 3 days on the trot over the weekend, to get over my toothache, although the last day was not for the toothache ;)

deankenny added 150 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

8g of Green Biau just done, i feel relaxed and a little nice, would like to feel more euphoric though.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014