1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Kratom amounts.. How much do your family or friends take?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by postimmortal, Aug 26, 2011.

1. postimmortal

postimmortal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm just curious as to how my uncle's kratom use compares to other folks'. On average, he takes about an ounce or two a day. Some days less, some days more depending. And not all at once, mind you. Sometimes, but not always. He will take about 15-20 grams upon waking, then redose throughout the day as needed.

On average, how much do those of who you know take? Whats the most they take? All at once, or spread out? I'm just concerned, because I think my uncle is the only person I know that takes these massive amounts each and every day.

I've got a ton of kratom questions that haven't been discussed on the forums, but i'm trying not to flood with new threads. If I am over stepping guidelines, please, let me know. Thanks!

2. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ^ Your Uncle is probably not alone. Does your Uncle measure his doses or estimate? The reason I ask is maybe your uncle may want get his kratom consumption 'under control' as it seems that may be the case from reading some of your other threads.

I have seen peak consumptions at the 40g+/day mark and I learned that eating that much kratom may really not be necessary and may cause more negative effects than positive effects.

I know this thread is about 'how much kratom do you take', but I would like to say that if you feel that your Uncles kratom consumption is excessive, it very well might be.

Just a suggestion, I would advise your Uncle to do a slow taper with measured doses (measuring spoons work well) and get his tolerance down some. I may be way out of line here but would rather take the chance and say this that may help someone then to say nothing.

I think you will find others on here that consume the amounts that your Uncle does and If your Uncle wants to reduce the amount of intake, taper.

3. countyingula

countyingula Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From what i've learned it's important to not eat 3 hours before you take any, and it seems to help to not eat for an hour or so after you take it so you get the full effects.

Toss and wash or tea where you consume all the solids along with it are the only ways i think work.

i'd never take more then an ounce of powdered bali a week and much less of those ultra enhanced indo's or other whacky ones that are more potent.

majority of early experiences with it were very disappointing because it was taken with food is what i'm thinking.

with food,

1. took 18 grams of maeng capsules to feel any effect. swallowing 25+ pills is NOT fun.
    2. took 14 grams of crushed bali in tea without consuming leaves. had no effect.
    3. took 28 grams of crushed bali in tea without consuming leaves. had no effect.
    4. took 10 grams of standardized x15 in capsule form. No effect.
    5. took 3 grams of UEI toss and wash, had good moderate effects.
    6. took 4 grams of mitragynine 10% standardized toss and washed, no effect until 2 grams of UEI were toss and washed after.

Now finally tried some with no food before or after.
    14 grams of powdered bali in a tea. consumed all solids with tea. and 3 grams of toss and wash bali. very strong effects! So relieved that it finally actually works. Comparable to 20-25 mg of oxycodone but less dopey, and more euphoric. slight nausea.

4. postimmortal

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah, that old bastard just eyeballs his doses. He does use a measuring spoon (tablespoon). From what he's gathered, a tablespoon is roughly 6-7 grams. A taper sounds very do-able. Not desirable, but do-able. But he wants to know if the euphoria would return as he takes less and less. Like, if he was able to cut his dose in half in say, a weeks time, would he be able to take his current dose and experience that euphoria that he loves so much?

postimmortal added 5 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Yes, countyingula, kratom can be very enjoyable just like any opiate. That was what my uncle loved so much about this great plant. The euphoria was often better than traditional opiates, he found. Well, maybe not always better, but very close. He knows all the ins and outs of optimal kratom consumption.. Empty stomach, grapefruit juice, tagamet, lopermide, tums.. The list goes on. And from what he gathers, it really doesn't make a difference. It might have early on in his use, but he sees no difference lately. Could be attributed to increased tolerance, or all those methods are bunk (except the empty stomach, thats a given).

He really would like to achieve that euphoria that others can experience.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, if you cut your dose in half for a week then increase it again some euphoria will likely return but it probably would not be as pronounced as you are used to. However tapering for a week, especially considering your daily usage, and then upping the dose again afterward might not prove to be worth it. You are likely to experience at least some mild withdrawal symptoms while tapering and upping the dose again after cutting it in half for a week seems strange to me after enduring that. Of course, it's your call.

Right now, I only use about an ounce a week myself. However, when I was taking it daily I'd go through about 10 oz in a month.

6. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    The only way I can see that happen would be to taper down at a comfortable rate, then quit, go through the withdrawals, and take a break for a while. A break would probably be good for your uncle anyways.

After a couple of weeks (or more), your uncle should be able to feel the positive effects again that should definitely out weight the negative effects that he's probably feeling more of right now.

I know that it easier said than done, but if your uncle wants to get those good feelings back, he's gonna have to feel some bad too.

Some would argue that the euphoria never returns but YMMV. Good luck in what ever you decide to do to bring good effects back from kratom! It has a lot of benefits, but when your usage gets out of control, the benefits seem to vanish.

7. countyingula

countyingula Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

maybe try getting head while on a rollercoaster then ? :p haha i dunno. but seems like an easy answer to just have him stop for a month. If he can't do that then he's got a problem and should probably completely stop for even longer to prove he can.

8. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    8 to 12 grams, never have deviated from this after about a year and a half of use. I know taking more will just get me deeper into the rabbit hole.

9. postimmortal

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    What about re-dosing? Do you all just dose one time and are set for the day? Or do you do as my uncle does, and re-dose as you feel is needed thoughout the day?

10. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I personally dose at night, after my day.

Kratom sedates me wayy too much to take it during the day.

Plus at night I can sit on my ass and do nothing.

11. eisenheim

eisenheim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM only uses various extracts, and gradually takes increments of 0.5g with an interval of half an hour until the desired level is reached (or I am too unconscious to take more hahahaha). SWIM just went through 12g of 20x extract in about 5 days (with tolerance break days) of using so that puts SWIM at an average of 2.2g / day.

SWIM's family on the other hand, takes about 0g of kratom.

12. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've been taking about 10 grams of Bali powder (T&W) twice a day for about a year and a half now.
    I take half of it when I get up in the morning and dose again around 2:00 to 4:00 PM.
    The first dose is of course taken on an empty stomach, but I don't worry much about whether there is food in my stomach or not for the second dose.
    Although I consider it an opiate avoidance tactic more than anything else, I still get that warm, fuzzy feeling within 30 minutes to an hour after dosing that I enjoy.
    Even if taken on a half-full stomach, I'm still getting it into my system, it keeps me sated and I can feel it.
    No doubt I would feel that second dose a little stronger if I were careful to take it at least 2 hours after a meal, but like I said..... I don't sweat it. I often eat within 15 minutes of ingesting it, as well.
    Maybe once a week, I might take 1 1/2 grams a few minutes before going to bed to help me sleep. When I was still new to kratom though, that late night dose would have kept me from being able to fall asleep at all. Your body has to be pretty used to it to be able to sleep well within 5 hours of dosing, in my experience.

13. postimmortal

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I to find that kratom no longer keeps me up like it used to. I remember I used to be tossing and turning (not the bad kind) when trying to lay down for bed. But it was just so darn stimulating. Now it still it is, but it doesn't seem to keep me up at night.

14. JfromM

JfromM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My dog PiggyBear burns kratom for his back pain, and to keep that monkey off his back :p
    He mostly burns plain leaf bali. 4tsp 4 times a day. Everyone tells PiggyBear to use a scale, because the weight of powders vary. But if a particular batch of kratom is strong, Piggybear just backs off his amounts a little.
    But yeah, 4tsp X 4 times day :)

15. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    roughly 38-64g a day.

Given that a tsp varies from 3-4g depending on powder. (That is my experience at least)

16. JfromM

JfromM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Piggybear uses a true teaspoon, and the powder he receives is ultrafine. When a scale has been used, 2 to 2.5 has been the average. Although he does have experience with the stuff that's 3-4. He says that kind is harder to do a reverse TnW with :p

17. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'll second that one! Taken during the day it promotes napping for wayyyy too long. Which is a lot of fun but very counter productive. Anyway, I've been taking about 10-14g consistently with about 3 days on 4 or so off with no need to increase dosage.

18. 3dfunk

3dfunk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I typically can't go over 4 or 5 grams. Past that, I get a pounding headache so burning more is just pointless.

3dfunk added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

By the way, that's 4 or 5 grams per burn...not per day. I typically burn twice a day.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  19. ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My unicorn never ceases to be amazed by the differing effects people get from kratom. For instance, the unicorn never, ever feels sedated by kratom, no matter what the dose, and indeed has serious trouble sleeping for many hours after taking it.

The unicorn normally takes kratom twice a week, 20-25 grams, in 2 or three doses a couple of hours apart. He has noticed very little tolerance developing over the two years he has been taking kratom, and recently went 3 weeks without a dose with no withdrawl effects.

20. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    You dont say what type of Kratom you use. Some types are a lot more sedating than others, however even though i can find myself seriously sedated from certain strains i can not sleep after taking kratom and will fall into a twilight sleep at best.

Have you been taking anything to help with the tollerence?
    Please be more discriptive with your posts.