1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - kratom and DXM

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by snapper, Apr 9, 2008.

1. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had acold a while back and took a cough suppressive dose of DXM (~30mg) as well as 5 g bali kratom, since I was feeling really sick. I got clobbered by the kratom, which would normally have been a modest dose. I did not have a fever. I know that drugs which occupy cytochrome enzymes in the liver can potentiate other drugs and wonders if this is what caused the kratom to seem so much stronger. Does anySWIM know if mitragynine and/or 7HOmitragynine are metabolized by or induce cytochromes, or is it perhaps that DXM is a narcotic and is synergistic with the narcotic effects of the kratom ? I am sensitive to the effects of DXM and feels that the highm with DXM, which made SWIM nod for about an hour, had some dextromethorphan overtones, though normally 30 mg would be unnoticed. DXM is metabolized by CyP450, but small amounts should not significantly occupy receptor sites.
    Has anyone ever taken kratom with recreational doses of DXM ?
    Is there any information on the metabolism of mitragynine compounds?

2. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    I believe that this is one of the few safe combinations with DXM. since mitragynine hits the opioid receptors i would say that both drugs compliment/enhance each other most likely in an indirect way. his experiences with taking ~500mg DXM and eating ~5g kratom increased visuals and overall psychedelic experience. I will do an experiment with this again and log it so there could be more detailed information on this combination.

anyone else please post experiences :)

3. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^ did swig ever try the dxm kratom combo? Have any other swimmers done so or know anything about any possible problems with such a combo?

4. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Monkey puked on dxm for the first time in a long time a while ago. The only thing different than usual that he can think of is that he had been taking kratom. Has anyone experienced increased nausea with this combination?
    It might just be that he was mildly sick (damn little flu bug has been hanging on his coattails for ever) or perhaps his stomach is just getting more sensitive. After all, he can't eat like he used to without feeling like shit.

5. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so I did 600mg of dxm last night... throughout the day he had been drinking kratom tea... well swim drank a cup about an hour after ingesting gelcaps of dxm... another hour later like normal the dxm kicked it... a normal good feeling buzz... (I am extremely experienced and wasn't gonna do dxm for awhile but decided to try this mix after reading this thread) anyways and hour or so after the dxm kicking in I felt the kratom kicking in harder than normal... not bad but this cup was a weak dose as it was swim's last amount... so he was actually surprised to feel anything

Swim felt an awesome synergy between them... he felt happy and content and great body high and tingly head feelings that he loves..

swim gives this combo a big ++++ and recommends it... I will be trying this again in the following week after he gets some more kratom... by the way I use bali leafs and makes tea...

definately gives a nice boost... and I think for people that haven't reached that tolerant threshold of dxm should try this and will get a good feeling from it... if someone like swim can get something who has been abusing dxm for 4+ years... then others should like as well!

6. dr. swim

dr. swim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's gotta give someone a hell of a hang-over...

7. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I felt very good the next day... but then again swim only gets bad hangovers from alcohol